Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasputina Rocks Out page 3

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ohh, I think I found the culprit behind my hardened armpit lymph node, I discovered a massive, knotty bruise on my thigh. I guess my system's working overtime to heal it. I don't even remember getting that bruise. I must've looked at a table too hard or something.

Forgot to mention, I got properly fitted for a bra for the first time in years, and it turns out I should be wearing a 32DD instead of a 32D. Greaaatttt, as if my bras weren't impossible enough to find and expensive enough, anyway. I'm cutting these bitches off.

what a slendiferous day! Came home from my jog in the sculpture park, after work, to discover I had been called for an interview for my dream job- cataloging books for the library! This would be the third library I've worked for, but, oh, the glory of just backroom 9-5 with the books!!! wish me luck! I'm doing more kettlebell workout in a bit, my soreness from yesterday is gone
    I would like to become the She-Ra of nerds.

Spent my morning waiting for a call that didn't come, so wasted my workout time before work. Work today was hellish at times, especially the bit where the lady tried everything within her power to antagonize a negative reaction from me. I was so pissed I was shaking. I did the right thing- I put up the "Be Right Back" sign, walked into the backroom and told my boss to cover for me, until I stopped "hulking out." Damn it! Why are people so hateful to people who are just trying to be friendly and help them? I DO NOT want to work with the public anymore. Put me in a room full of books and a computer!

Got the interview for my dream job scheduled today! It's next week.
    I walked with my husband to the farmer's market and he thought he was going to die, because it was 98 degree heat index. Wussy!! I got some local Ozark Forest mushrooms and some heirloom tomatoes, score!

I felt really nauseous all day, though, which kind of ruined the extensive workout I had planned, although I'm still trying to fit kettlebells in tonight.
    Hubby is drinking a beer, which sounds amazing right now, but I'm sipping beef broth.

I'm not going to name names, but there is a certain female poster on here that needs to be hit upside the gulliver with the common-sense stick. She somehow manages to be self-loathing and self-righteous. She a "veteran of every fad" but has somehow missed the point of being sensitive to the dietary struggles completely. She's willfully clueless, and posts inane, inflammatory BS willy-nilly. She also posts ridiculous pop-icon figures for her avatar pic. I bit my thumb at her.
    If you can guess who this is (and no, it's not me this time), I'll give you 1 Billion imaginary internet dollars.

Now, the older ladies are gonna razz me on this, but it really can be a curse to look so youthful. I'm 31 and I look 18 (that is the general consensus). You would think this would be a bonus, but, it does nothing to get me taken seriously in the workplace. I dress very conservatively, and business casual, age appropriate, don't act like a little girl, but still get treated like a kid- until they learn my age. Co-workers are dumbfounded, then suspicious when I tell them I'm 31.

I know this has hurt me in job interviews, where my age is unknown, even though I have an impressive managerial resume and MA degree. I remember, as a child, my mother having this same problem and getting very pissed about it! Now she has grey streaks, so she's commanded a bit more respect, but we both have the cursed freckles, no wrinkles, and we both smile a bunch. My husband, even at 6'4, with a serious demeanor, has the same problem- he looks like a teen and is treated like one. It's hard for us to see these things as blessings, when we are serious about advancing our careers.

One of my Asian co-workers, an older lady, told me I was beautiful today, like Rooney Mara. she was shocked at my age. She said, "you are like my daughter, very Asian to look so young." A great compliment from a beautiful woman, to be sure, but how can I project an older image? No smiling?

Going to take an internet break for the week. I've been wasting too much time online trying to explain the world to the willfully ignorant. I've got too much reading to do, to be bothered with the computer anyway. Have a good week

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    If you can guess who this is (and no, it's not me this time), I'll give you 1 Billion imaginary internet dollars.
    If we can't guess we should be smacked upside the head. Mentioning no names but the initials FH come to mind.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    If we can't guess we should be smacked upside the head. Mentioning no names but the initials FH come to mind.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast