Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Rasputina Rocks Out page 11

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Owie!! Was the taste at least worth the suffering??
    Fire-butt is never worth it!!! Today's lunch was shiritaki noodles with shrimp in a ginger-red chile Thai sauce. Dinner will be homemade falafel and quinoa tabbouli. My waist is getting more defined, again. Need to get back to exercise, but I think this weekend of love and dancing like a goof have helped.
    I've been staying away from the Paleo-forums, because I'm trying to keep my stress-levels down. Too many goons out there. It's helping. I'm doing my own thing. Pescetarian/veggie during the week and some meat dishes on the weekends. I'm still feeling much better, and, yes, you can eat veggie/pescetarian and still be moderately low carb, not that I'm counting. Oh my! I believe I may be trending towards moderation! Here's to hoping the art doesn't suffer

Bought me a big ole bunch of greens- collards, mustard greens, and kale. Not quite sure what I'm going to make with it, but thinking I might wilt it down steam-method, then add... not sure. I have some Trinidad seasoning that might be good with it. Could make polenta cakes... I really didn't have a plan at the grocery store. I just went greens crazy.

Not quite sure I qualify as Paleo anymore, or if the label matters, as I've been incorporating grains, like rice and quinoa, and beans back into my diet again. I've fallen into a nice routine of eating gluten-free, dairy-free pescetarian, with eggs during the week and eating meat for one meal per weekend day. I'm still committed to trying to stay clear of soy and nasty vegetable oils. I'm also focusing on trying to eat three, roughly 400 calorie meals per day.

My new fave brunch is eggs baked inside an avocado half, topped with smoked paprika, garlic salt and lime. I save the other avocado half in my nifty, avocado-shaped tupperware thingy. What has been difficult, however, is that my husband will make a frozen-pizza to avoid a meatless, or seafood meal.

Oh, well I'll continue to stay on this forum, however, despite the fact that some folks think that if you aren't throwing back beef everyday, you must have some "vegan agenda". Aren't cows vegan ?

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    An agenda to eat vegans...er...herbivores, maybe. I don't want to eat my sister!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    An agenda to eat vegans...er...herbivores, maybe. I don't want to eat my sister!
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll eat the occasional tasty human, but only on holidays!

I want to blab about something that has nothing to do with primal : reporting excellent customer service. I went to JC Penney's today to get some sweaters, some rad black painted pants (that look like leather and fit like a dirty glove , and had the best help from the sales associates EVER. I had a mental list of stuff I wanted from the website, and they stopped their tasks, in the middle of an obvious total store redesign) to help me find what i wanted. The cashier complemented what I bought (saying the colors would look great with my skin-tone), and this really made me feel good about myself. I called the manager and headquarters to compliment the staff. I really hope they get mad props! I've worked in retail and it's hell. Do you call in good customer service experiences?

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Raspy!

Yes, I do. I did that the first time my local regular grocery store back in NJ started stocking organic produce and they even sent me a gift certificate as a thank you. I have done so for other good service, too. Makes me feel good, giving deserving folks a pat on the back and not just gritchin' all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hey Raspy!

Yes, I do. I did that the first time my local regular grocery store back in NJ started stocking organic produce and they even sent me a gift certificate as a thank you. I have done so for other good service, too. Makes me feel good, giving deserving folks a pat on the back and not just gritchin' all the time.
    I love that word "gritchin'" I'm so using that!!!

I've been obsessed with green and yellow zucchini squash lately. Zucchini with spinach pesto, zucchini sticks dipped in horseradish, zucchini topped with runny egg... I've gone courgette-crazy. Any more zucchini ideas?

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Raspy! Happy New Year!

Ratatouille. Marinated, grilled zukes.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast