Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Rasputina Rocks Out page 10

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks, lol! That baby with shades was too cool for nursery school! Yeah, my depression has lifted quite a bit. It's amazing what 8 hours of not having to deal with the public can do to elevate the mood!

Going to watch my first pro-baseball game tonight... wish me luck!

Also, me and the hubs were felling meat overload, so we're having vegetarian/vegan week. I busted out some old faves, so far, feeling "lighter."

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Also, me and the hubs were felling meat overload, so we're having vegetarian/vegan week. I busted out some old faves, so far, feeling "lighter."
    I'm a former veg, and I still really love those veg days. Even though there is a lot of veg bashing around here in general, one side effect of being veg is knowing you won't starve to death on a salad or carrot soup or buttermilk... I do the same thing. And Grok didn't kill daily either, so I still think it is Primal eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I'm a former veg, and I still really love those veg days. Even though there is a lot of veg bashing around here in general, one side effect of being veg is knowing you won't starve to death on a salad or carrot soup or buttermilk... I do the same thing. And Grok didn't kill daily either, so I still think it is Primal eating.
    Yeah, as a former vegetarian/vegan, I do sometimes miss it! Even carnivore hubby misses it-- even though he claimed suffering during my veg years . I think a good compromise is to swing more towards pescetarian/vegan/glutan-free, of course, with meat maybe a few nights per week. Thanks, good to know I have a comrade

Had tofu-Pad-Thai, with homemade peanut sauce, cilantro and green onions for dinner. The yam noodles rocked! YUM! YUM! YUM!! Dancing upon rainbows made of foamy sriracha!

Whew! Was nervous for a minute, when my boss' boss asked her why I was standing at my desk all the time. My boss explained that it felt better for me to stand than sit, and that she approved and agreed with my standing. Sheexplained that my moniter and keyboard were on stable, but removeable stands. The boss' boss then mentioned something about my hair, which had been bright-ass red, but is now a more demure cherry-cola black. She said she just wanted to know what was going on, in case her boss asked her about it. Wow! Standing desk=complete threat to office tradition, lol!!!

Not a whole lot to report. Still doing the vegetarian/pescetarian thing this past week, and will probably extend it to next week, as well. Have lost some bloating and tummy troubles, and am feeling great. Last night I went a bit rogue and made rice-paper baked mushroom-chive ravioli, topped with homemade spinach pesto. It was balls-out amazing! Work is still cool as hell. Life is good. Tornado warnings right now, but I'm ready for Oz, bitch!

We went to a local Tex-Mex restaurant this afternoon. The salsa was bland, so I asked for the avocado-habanero salsa as a side. It was the "chef's sarcasm, is it hot enough for ya? salsa" I will be shitting rainbows of flame for the next month. Bravo.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    We went to a local Tex-Mex restaurant this afternoon. The salsa was bland, so I asked for the avocado-habanero salsa as a side. It was the "chef's sarcasm, is it hot enough for ya? salsa" I will be shitting rainbows of flame for the next month. Bravo.
    Owie!! Was the taste at least worth the suffering??

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast