Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What I Want Out Of Primal Living... (What Do You Want?) page 4

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

1. I want to lose the grain belly

2. I want to feel like life is worth living

Krista is offline Junior Member

1. I want to quiet the voices from my past that say "you just have breeder's hips" and "you have your mother's calves" I am not cursed by genetics!!

2. I'd like to be a good cook. I thought I was before but putting everything over rice or pasta only makes you think you know how to cook.

3. Build a healthy lifestyle I can sustain indefinitely. Regardless of pregnancy, kids, life...

4. Not be (unreasonably)limited in old age by disease or my body

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member

Wow. I love this post but when I really sat down and started to think about what my true goals are it baffled me. Of course I want to feel better and get over my back injury and all that but what do I really want out of this?

1. Create a healthier lifestlye for myself and my family. I want my 4.5 month old son to grow up healthy not like I did on fast food.

2. Live to be 100 but still function on my own. I want to see my great grandkids without being on an oxygen tank and taking 23 medications so I can still function.

3. Enjoy my time here on earth more with my new found respect for life and the natural order of things.

4. I want to take everything I am learning here and through my own trial and error and try to really help other people. This is not a hard way to live and it really only takes a few common sense approaches to really make a difference. Besides if people want real healthcare reform then they need to realize it all starts with the individual not the doctor. They treat us only when things go wrong. This lifestyle can stop a lot of the problems beforehand.

5. Mark off everything on my list I've always wanted to do by enjoying life. Hike the Appalachian trail. Swim with the great whites off S. Africa (in a gace of course), etc.

6. Start a Primal group in Atlanta that meets once or twice a month for workouts, shoot the poo or whatever. I want others to feel that they have a support group they can count on for motivation, encouragement or just someone to throw ideas at. I wouldn't mind also to try and set up a fund for all of us to go to Primal con in the future.

Of course this list will grow and grow as time goes on but I think these for now will suffice.

Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

@Matt, You are so inspirational! Keep at it, I hope your goals all come true... Heck I hope everyone's do! Primal lifestyle is the best most simple decision I have ever made, I hope the best for everyone.

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member

First, I want to develop the mental and physical stamina to take get my two special needs teenagers though this rocky, difficult transition to adulthood without getting ill or losing my mind.

Second, I want to be able to keep up with my local hiking group. (Once my &^%/! broken foot heals!).

Third, someday, as an old lady (when my kids are either independent or in appropriate residential settings) I want to hike the Appalachian Trail. Then maybe across America. (For now, across my little town would be an acheivement.)

Sooze

Primalwannabe. I commend you for your efforts. I couldn't imagine how difficult things can become at any moment. I hope nothing but the best for you and your family. I volunteer at the special olympics here in Atlanta every year and I have to admit I have never found so much joy and love outside of my own family. Grok on with your bad self and get that foot healed up.

Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Hmm...

I want to not want to puke when I look in the mirror.

Yep, that would be a change :/

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

I want hawt shredded ript abz... and a harem/back up singer chorus like Fel Anikulapo Kuti, minus the whole AIDS thing.

Failing that, I'll settle for single digit body fat, and a functioning metabolism.

DarthFriendly. I'm down for that to except for the Harem. I don't think the misses would be too keen on that idea.

Mary Pickford

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member

Matt, thanks for the pat on the back, it feels good and is much appreciated.

Sooze

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast