Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What I Want Out Of Primal Living... (What Do You Want?) page 2

Athena is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I need new teeth too!!!

Looks like im gonna need another root canal, and im 23!! not supposed to happen....

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

I want to feel fit and healthy(losing body fat is a nice side benefit). CW and SAD just weren't cutting it. Even with the so- called "perfect diet" from my doctor, I still felt "off" and still couldn't get away from that overly laden dinner plate (and waistline) that didn't satisfy some (bad pun) primal urge. I want to be able to look in the mirror and go "Damn, I look good" without starving myself. I want to be able to live a caveman's day without utterly killing myself in the process.

"No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

TenYearStorm Guest

I'm definitely in the "I want to look good naked" club.

I want to cure my depression and be happy for once.

Of course all the health improvements are great but since I am young and don't really have any health problems yet, improving my cholesterol or something like that where I can't feel the problem physically... that sort of thing doesn't feel like a priority (Come on! You were young and invincible once too!) though it comes as a side effect anyways!

cyberaly is offline Junior Member

all very good things! wow... so many transformations are possible!

for me, i came to primal because:

1. i am determined to be healthy and avoid the diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer and other ailments that so much of my family struggles with.

2. i am going to be a person of a normal weight, which i haven't been since puberty went haywire

3. i want to have a normal, natural relationship with food and the evolutionary perspective is the most intuitive

4. i enjoy feeling strong, balanced and vibrant which eating this way encourages

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

ROFLMAO, Stabby. You stay away from my farm!

I want the boys to keep whistling and the heads to keep turning.

I want to continue feeling strong and healthy, free of the stomach bloating that plagued my grain-eating days.

I want people to ask what's working for me, so I can share what might work for them.

I want to understand not just what works, but why.

I want to continue to enjoy cooking and flavors and nourishment without guilt.

I want to explore all the choices fitness has to offer. (Here's what I mean: http://inthenightlife.blogspot.com/2...f-fitness.html )

I want all these things to last until I am 100, and longer. Yeah, even the whistling boys.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

anniegebel Guest

Health

Energy (to play with my kids and my husband)

Workouts/fitness/exercise that I enjoy! (The obstacle course was my favorite in gym class in elementary school...should have told me something but strangely we stopped doing it after elementary)

I want to look good naked and in clothes

And I'd really like to inspire family (and maybe even friends) to get healthier too

Legerity is offline Junior Member

I want to LOOK and FEEL healthy.

LOOK: I've lost weight over the years and everybody tells me I'm too skinny. I look fragile, whereas I used to be more solid/strong.

FEEL: When eating like crap, I get horrible blood sugar crashes and feel weak like I'm 80 years old. I don't feel the motivation to do anything, and just feel disgusting overall.

Both of these need to change and cutting way down on carbs has been a blessing so far.

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

WOW This is fun!

1. I want to look good naked, and clothed no matter what time of day it is. (Is a flat stomach even possible?)

2. I want to never have to go to the doctor for anything ever again (except the possible broken bone or whatever)

3. I want to be healthy and fit and able to enjoy a partner and children for as long as humanly possible

4. I want to inspire my friends and family to take care of themselves as well.

5. I want to be a positive influence on people (This isn't about primal as much as it is just a goal)

6. I want to ski, hike, skate, walk, run, jump, climb... you name it I want to be able to physically do it... including pull ups (I have NEVER done a pull up, not even at the age of like 8 in gym class... i never have had upper body strength)

7. I want my partner to be happy to be seen with me.

8. I want to raise a primal family

9. I want to wake up without an alarm clock EVERY DAY (I HATE ALARM CLOCKS!)

10. I want to go to my graduation and have NO ONE realize that it is me... or if they do have them take a double take at least!

Thanks for this, reminding me why i am here!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Timothy is offline Senior Member

Man, these are some inspiring lists. And the best part is they're all utterly achievable, especially from what I know of the character of the people posting them!

Mandabear, so many of your items were on my list. Yes, a flat stomach is possible, even if before Primal it looked like you swallowed a beach ball (that was me). What shocked me the most is how the skin on my face and neck snapped taut after a lifetime of jowls. I never cared for my bodily appearance before, but now I'm really happy with how I look.

And Manda, I know how you feel about pull-ups. Before going primal, my lifetime record was one pull-up (that was when I was particularly fit). Now I bang out ten at a time! You are going to see similar changes.

Barbey, from your weekly routine posted on the low-carb thread, you are going to be one smokin' centenarian!

And don't worry folks, you are inspiring everyone around you with your progress, even if they're afraid to admit it.

anniegebel Guest

PrimalCon New York

@MandaBear...I hear ya on the pull ups. I just attempted my first one today. Like you, I've never done one. I used to dread that part of gym class as I always scored low on those darn physical fitness tests! So, today I attempted one. I was not successful. I don't feel bad about it. In fact, I'm happy to know where I'm starting and in a few months or a year or however long it takes...it's gonna feel good to do MORE than one drasted pull up!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast