Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal with kids page 2

Michelle1015 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I also wonder if anyone has advice for eczema and constipation. My daughter has had issues with dairy in the past, and although my son loves his cottage cheese, he has trouble with bowel movements. Neither issue has cleared up yet with going primal, and I wonder if dairy is the culprit. On a side note, no one in my family is overweight, but I have been suffering from digestive issues and depression for years and am always looking for a natural fix. My children are actually on the small side for their ages, but usually bloated bellies and bumpy skin. Like I said, no changes yet from going primal...

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle1015 View Post
    I also wonder if anyone has advice for eczema and constipation. My daughter has had issues with dairy in the past, and although my son loves his cottage cheese, he has trouble with bowel movements. Neither issue has cleared up yet with going primal, and I wonder if dairy is the culprit. On a side note, no one in my family is overweight, but I have been suffering from digestive issues and depression for years and am always looking for a natural fix. My children are actually on the small side for their ages, but usually bloated bellies and bumpy skin. Like I said, no changes yet from going primal...
    How long has it been? It may take 4-6 weeks to see full effects as you get the toxins out of your body. I have seen an improvement in DS' skin when he is wheat free, comes right back when they have a bunch of wheat filled snacks out of the house.

Michelle1015 is offline Junior Member
    It has only been a week and a half. I will try to relax, heheh!

Willow is offline Junior Member
    I just went primal one month ago and my skin (eczema) is still healing. But it is definitely getting better. I have cut out dairy as well as all grains and sugar. For me I think sugar was a big part of it. I would try cutting out dairy and give it several weeks.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    It has only been a week and a half. I will try to relax, heheh!
    Yep, this will all take time. But after the first month you will feel so much better you'll be kicking yourself you hadn't found this earlier.

Thought I'd share a success in changing a child's diet. Before going primal I must admit we let our kids eat American cheese. I limited it to 1 slice/day, but that was a staple with lunch. I had DH stop buying it and offered DD slices from the blocks of cheddar, colby jack, and mozarella that we buy to eat/shred. At first she balked and refused it, so she just ate other things. But I kept offering, sometimes even just small pieces left over when grating. Today she ate 2 slices with lunch. Both kids are enjoying using the cheese slicer to get their own pieces. So change can happen... DD is barely 4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12