Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on workout and diet. :D page

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Junior Member

Need advice on workout and diet. :D

Primal Fuel
    I'm quite new to PBF! I have stopped consuming unhealthy foods and drinks and I've been moving quite frequently. I have just read the PBF e-book but I'm quite confused about the workout schedule.

I've been doing push ups, pull ups(1 legged), squats, and planks.

Do you need sets and reps for these or do you just do whatever you can? Any comment would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I don't lift weights yet.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I haven't looked at the PBF in a long while, but I thought it gave reps and sets?

Honestly, there really is no wrong way to workout, and you can vary what you do if you feel like it. Sometimes I do reps for sets, sometimes I just do holds for time, sometimes I do both, sometimes I do them fast, other times slow...

However, a good starting point is to shoot for either 3 or 5 sets of 5 repetitions for each movement. If certain movements are too hard to do 5 reps, scale that down, if 5 sets takes you too long (or you can't complete them with good form) then do only 3 sets, etc. You have to play around with it and find out where you are, and start from there.

Milty is offline Senior Member
    As outlined in the e-book, you gauge what level of each exercise you are on and attempt to get to it's max rep number before moving to the next level. The levels and rep numbers are all listed in the book. It is suggested to do a set of the five exercises, then a second set of each.

Ryu
    I do 5x5 pull-ups, push ups, squats and planks everyday. Is that good or will it cause me injuries sometime later? I also walk a lot since I'm far from my university.Thanks for all the replies! ^_^

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milty View Post
    As outlined in the e-book, you gauge what level of each exercise you are on and attempt to get to it's max rep number before moving to the next level. The levels and rep numbers are all listed in the book. It is suggested to do a set of the five exercises, then a second set of each.
    This. Did you skip over that section?

Ryu
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    This. Did you skip over that section?

I didn't. But it only mentioned reps and levels that's why I'm confused about the sets. I'll read it again later thanks.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I do 5x5 pull-ups, push ups, squats and planks everyday. Is that good or will it cause me injuries sometime later? I also walk a lot since I'm far from my university.Thanks for all the replies! ^_^
    I"m not sure how "big" you are (assuming that's why you think you might get injured), but Hershel Walker used to do 1000 pull ups and push ups a day when he was growing up.

Herschel Walker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ryu
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I"m not sure how "big" you are (assuming that's why you think you might get injured), but Hershel Walker used to do 1000 pull ups and push ups a day when he was growing up.

Herschel Walker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm 6'0 and 125 pounds. I'm underweight.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I didn't. But it only mentioned reps and levels that's why I'm confused about the sets. I'll read it again later thanks.
    2 cycles, 1 set of each exercise with the reps listed. Once you can hit the reps needed without a break, go up to the next level.

Ryu
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    2 cycles, 1 set of each exercise with the reps listed. Once you can hit the reps needed without a break, go up to the next level.
    Thanks. BTW, Cycles = sets?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast