Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i have exactly one duck egg page 2

DeilaMiah is offline Senior Member

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i would like for this to be a special occasion

you see, it's my first time

does anyone have any suggestions on how to yummily prepare it?
    I wanna know how you got a SINGLE duck egg..... and what you did to the poor duck to get it! (sniffle, wiping a tear)

So, my suggestion is to beat hell outta the egg to all frothy and foamy and stuff. Set up a small crepe pan with butter over med low heat. Make a SINGLE crepe and wrap that sucker around your favorite stuff. I'm a spinach and tomato fan myself.
    If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    it took MONTHS to get that duck in bed
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

DeilaMiah is offline Senior Member
    BAH! Shows how potent YOU are.
    If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

billp is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried quail eggs? You can easily fry ten of them in a pan, and and their size makes them very popular with the kiddoes as somehow them are more fun being so small, plus they can bite the end of and eat them raw. Interesting looking shells too, rather like a a Cadbury's Mini-Egg.

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Have you tried quail eggs? You can easily fry ten of them in a pan, and and their size makes them very popular with the kiddoes as somehow them are more fun being so small, plus they can bite the end of and eat them raw. Interesting looking shells too, rather like a a Cadbury's Mini-Egg.
    You know, I don't raise quail right now per say, but a darn lot of them live in my yard & neighborhood, and they dine at my feeders. Frequently there are 200+ birds running down the middle of the streets when I come home. They are cute & noisy too. Wish I could find some eggs locally, I would like to try these! They have laid several eggs in my yard recently and we always have to rescue quail babies a few times a year.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    My first duck egg was fried, because I wanted to be able to taste the runny yoke and the white seperately. It was very rich, reminded me of abalone(without the fishy-ness)

Quote Originally Posted by DeilaMiah View Post
    BAH! Shows how potent YOU are.
    hey! for that, i'm not sharing my duck egg

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    no, i think my grandmother (somebody i was related to anyway) kept quail several years back but i never ate any eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    My first duck egg was fried, because I wanted to be able to taste the runny yoke and the white seperately. It was very rich, reminded me of abalone(without the fishy-ness)
    you have officially terrified me, congratulations!

i think i decided. i think... i shall make lemon curd with it. i think i will eat the whole bowl in one sitting

thank you for the suggestions, guys, even tho my picky ass didn't cooperate
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Artemis-MA is offline Member
    Poach it, or fry it over easy. (Unlike a respondent above, I didn't find it rubbery). I'd suggest keeping it as simple as possible, so you can know the flavors, since you only have the one, and perhaps comparing it to a regular (but pastured) chicken egg.

i'm almost afraid to do anything with it after seeing it compared to fish
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Artemis-MA is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i'm almost afraid to do anything with it after seeing it compared to fish

They don't remind me of fish at all. I'd keep it simple, so you can taste the egg for its rich eggy-ness.

The yolk, especially, is rich.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast