Page 98 of 306 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 98

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Here to report that it was lots better brewed with the tea leaf infuser! I may have to invest in a French press, although it worked quite well with the infuser. And that way I can only brew one cup at a time...
    Yes if there is a whole pot brewed it does seem to all disappear somehow. I wonder how that happens....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm looking to make a dietary shift to more bone broths.

I'm feeling the need to diversify and experiment again. Figures -- less stress at work means more opportunity for cooking. LOL

SO, i'm thinking of expanding my fermentation as well as my bone-broth and soup-making. Then, focusing on utilizing less meat overall. Not because meat is bad, but because meat is expensive. LOL

Right now, we do fish twice a week, chicken 3 times, and then venison or beef otherwise. We occasionally have bacon/sausage (usually the sausage is "other meat" and not pork). We, so far, only make chicken stock.

I'd like to make fish stock (for iodine and also other good stuff) and of course beef and venison stocks as well.

I love to make soup with in-season veggies, so I'd love to get back into doing that for our dinners. It makes such a nice dinner! Serve that with some fermented veg and a nice raw seasonal salad of some kind, and YUM! Just sticking with the seasonal.

I love doing the seasonal foods, and it's been very cool -- this year the yield in NZ has been decent and diverse. As they say: "sweet as."

Paleobird Guest
    I've been eating a lot of bone marrow lately. It's a wonderfully fat source for ketosis and I swear it makes you feel like you've had a bone marrow transplant eating it. I always mean to keep the "used" bones for soup stock but I don't always succeed because my dog gives me *that look* and I just give in an let him have them. He has such fun slurping up any marrow bits I missed and gnawing off any gristly bits around the outside.

Fermentation is something I have always been too chicken to try. I keep thinking I'm going to get a bad batch and poison myself or something.

Soup is usually my remedy for leftover odds and ends that are not enough for a whole meal. A little of this, that, and the other thing, toss in a pot with some broth and let simmer and you've got something new.

primal me is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    At the Birdnest Sushi Bar tonight ladies and gentlemen we have the mixed sashimi platter on special. That is salmon in the front, ahi in the back, seaweed salad in between and a side of salmon roe. Ooooh I love that stuff. Eating it has all the fun of popping bubble wrap except that it is yummy oily fishy tasting bubbles that explode in your mouth.
    Attachment 8975
    That looks fantastic! I'm not even hungry and my mouth is full of drool! I want to eat at your place, we don't have a source I would trust for sashimi, the nearest place is in the city about a half hour away. Sometimes being landlocked has some major disadvantages.
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by primal me View Post
    That looks fantastic! I'm not even hungry and my mouth is full of drool! I want to eat at your place, we don't have a source I would trust for sashimi, the nearest place is in the city about a half hour away. Sometimes being landlocked has some major disadvantages.
    Thank you. The secret is to find out where the Asian people shop. I love your avatar pic, BTW.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I think bone broth is more necessary here considering the damp plus the petri dish that is being with kids. Probably not as much in the sunny san-d without kids.

Also, i love soup.

Here is a funny from Flight of the Concords. A charity song called Feel Inside (And things like that) . Too much funny. You must watch.

Paleobird Guest
    tn.jpeg

This is me up a tree today. I went for a long hike with a friend and the Wolf Cub. We took a "shade break" under these oak trees and I just felt the need to climb one. It felt Grokian.

peril is offline Senior Member
    At the Birdnest Sushi Bar tonight ladies and gentlemen we have the mixed sashimi platter on special. That is salmon in the front, ahi in the back, seaweed salad in between and a side of salmon roe. Ooooh I love that stuff. Eating it has all the fun of popping bubble wrap except that it is yummy oily fishy tasting bubbles that explode in your mouth.
    Love sashimi. Had the good fortune to catch a couple of bonito yesterday. Am the only one in the house who's keen on raw fish so its all mine mine mine
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Attachment 8975
    Oh my heavens! Salmon roe is my fav! Are these your plates or do you split this with your dad?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Love sashimi. Had the good fortune to catch a couple of bonito yesterday. Am the only one in the house who's keen on raw fish so its all mine mine mine
    Lucky you. My parents taught me to appreciate sushi at an early age (they were always into asian cuisine). So I have to share.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Oh my heavens! Salmon roe is my fav! Are these your plates or do you split this with your dad?
    That platter was all mine, mine, mine (as Peril would say). There was another one just like it for Dad.

I had a long hike in the backcountry yesterday and my favorite place-where-real-Asian-people-shop supermarket that has sashimi grade fish is on the way home from there so I went a bit wild shopping while hungry.