Page 97 of 306 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 97

mdrive is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    that meatloaf looks fantastic, definitely gonna give that one a try (in cooler weather, i'm near 100% grilling right now)

i'm pretty happy thus far, not quite a week, and i weighed this morning and i've lost 5 1/2 pounds....i'm sure some of it is water, but seeing the scale move was a huge motivator...only 20 more to go <gg> i'll be happy to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week....

my energy level was great, i never felt hungry, and kept my carbs under 50 grams per day....still having difficulty getting enough protein, i ate 2 ground beef grilled burgers last night, about 3 oz. each and had no problem wolfing it down....your thread has been a tremendous help in getting ideas for meals, BAS was on the menu just about every day....i picked up shrimp and i'll be cooking it with lots of garlic and adding it to the salads....also i purchased some coconut oil and coconut cream (which tastes FANTASTIC), since i didn't have the creo bru, i made a concoction of hot water, cocoa, splash of cream, and topped with the coconut cream (sprinkled in some cinnamon)....it was very filling and was a good 'pick me up' in the afternoon when i was not quite ready to eat a meal yet but needed 'something'

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Well, I tried the Cavallo coffee. It's everything I'd hoped it would be. Yummy, yummy. Since you use 2 tablespoons for 6 ounces of water it'll have to be a treat, just once or twice a week, but mmmmmm mmmmm mmmmmmmmm.

3 generations all tried it yesterday and all 3 generations LOVED this stuff... (though my Dad and my son had cream & sugar in theirs). Here's our reactions (hope the link works):

Snuffles! - YouTube

And may I say the aftertaste is the best part? Mmmmmmm, chocolate-y reflux....

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    Well, I tried the Cavallo coffee. It's everything I'd hoped it would be. Yummy, yummy. Since you use 2 tablespoons for 6 ounces of water it'll have to be a treat, just once or twice a week, but mmmmmm mmmmm mmmmmmmmm.
    3 generations all tried it yesterday and all 3 generations LOVED this stuff... (though my Dad and my son had cream & sugar in theirs). Here's our reactions (hope the link works):
    Snuffles! - YouTube
    As a recovering chocoholic, having abstained from it for a number of years, when I decided to get back together with Lady Cacao, it was after conversing with some chocolate scholars, doing my own extensive online research & of course my own personal experiential research into whole fresh unfermented cacao beans (your nibs & most all powder is fermented & roasted) &/or minimally processed high quality chocolates...I came to this conclusion: It's great! Great for health & happiness. But not for everyday consumption. Long story short, its still a bean with it's attendant anti-nutrients, as well as some pretty strong alkaloids (one of the reasons we/others are crazy about it).

I love coffee too, but only drink it on weekends or some out-there opportunities when it's not too late in the day. There are some people who can eat 1 or 2 small squares from a bar of dark chocolate & make 1 bar last them all week. I can do that, but more often than not, I scarf the whole bar in 1 sitting, maybe 2 if it's a big bar.

But by all means, have fun & enjoy your Crio Bru to the max! Not trying to poop on yer party...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    As a recovering chocoholic, having abstained from it for a number of years, when I decided to get back together with Lady Cacao, it was after conversing with some chocolate scholars, doing my own extensive online research & of course my own personal experiential research into whole fresh unfermented cacao beans (your nibs & most all powder is fermented & roasted) &/or minimally processed high quality chocolates...I came to this conclusion: It's great! Great for health & happiness. But not for everyday consumption. Long story short, its still a bean with it's attendant anti-nutrients, as well as some pretty strong alkaloids (one of the reasons we/others are crazy about it).

I love coffee too, but only drink it on weekends or some out-there opportunities when it's not too late in the day. There are some people who can eat 1 or 2 small squares from a bar of dark chocolate & make 1 bar last them all week. I can do that, but more often than not, I scarf the whole bar in 1 sitting, maybe 2 if it's a big bar.

But by all means, have fun & enjoy your Crio Bru to the max! Not trying to poop on yer party...
    Makes sense. I treat myself to coffee two mornings a weeks... I think Crio Bru will be as rare a treat. Well, starting Monday ...(genteel chocolate burp).

rehorne is offline Junior Member
    Hi Paleobird - Like B2B, I have been following your threads for awhile. I went Primal 4 weeks ago @ 305lbs, and I am now down 20 lbs!!! WOOT! Anyway - please keep posting your dinner specials, they are great! They have given me ways to diversify my limited recipes. Last week while on travel, ate the Walmart roasted chicken with microwave steamed broccoli (every day). Stayed Primal, but boring! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I have purchased and tried the Cavalla Crio Bru. It was pretty good, but I'm not swooning over it... I found it a bit weak tasting. I think that's probably because of my coffee maker, though. I don't like coffee at all, and have a very cheap 4-cup drip coffee maker for when we have company that drinks coffee.

I do have a fine-mesh tea leaf infuser, so I think I'll try making a cup using that with boiling water. And let it steep for awhile. Or the cowboy coffee method (when I was in the Army, we called cowboy coffee "Army Mogas"!)

I did take some of the cooled "grounds" and mixed it in with a bit of homemade coconut milk ice cream. Perfect primal chocolate chip ice cream!

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    chocolate is a slippery slope for me too---and I do think I'm better staying away from it! Anything I find that I LOVE to eat/drink is usually bad news!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrive View Post
    that meatloaf looks fantastic, definitely gonna give that one a try (in cooler weather, i'm near 100% grilling right now)

i'm pretty happy thus far, not quite a week, and i weighed this morning and i've lost 5 1/2 pounds....i'm sure some of it is water, but seeing the scale move was a huge motivator...only 20 more to go <gg> i'll be happy to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week....

my energy level was great, i never felt hungry, and kept my carbs under 50 grams per day....still having difficulty getting enough protein, i ate 2 ground beef grilled burgers last night, about 3 oz. each and had no problem wolfing it down....your thread has been a tremendous help in getting ideas for meals, BAS was on the menu just about every day....i picked up shrimp and i'll be cooking it with lots of garlic and adding it to the salads....also i purchased some coconut oil and coconut cream (which tastes FANTASTIC), since i didn't have the creo bru, i made a concoction of hot water, cocoa, splash of cream, and topped with the coconut cream (sprinkled in some cinnamon)....it was very filling and was a good 'pick me up' in the afternoon when i was not quite ready to eat a meal yet but needed 'something'
    Excellent progress! Just be sure to not overdo the protein. Figure up your ideal weight in kilos. That is the number of protein grams to shoots for plus/minus 10%. Too much protein will knock you out of ketosis.

Snuffles! - YouTube
    Yes. That link is it exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post

We shall.

Makes sense. I treat myself to coffee two mornings a weeks... I think Crio Bru will be as rare a treat. Well, starting Monday ...(genteel chocolate burp).

Quote Originally Posted by rehorne View Post
    Hi Paleobird - Like B2B, I have been following your threads for awhile. I went Primal 4 weeks ago @ 305lbs, and I am now down 20 lbs!!! WOOT! Anyway - please keep posting your dinner specials, they are great! They have given me ways to diversify my limited recipes. Last week while on travel, ate the Walmart roasted chicken with microwave steamed broccoli (every day). Stayed Primal, but boring! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
    Woot! indeed. Well done. I'm glad to be inspiring new culinary adventures. A person can only live on roast chicken and steamed broccoli for so long. Welcome to the Birdnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Okay, I have purchased and tried the Cavalla Crio Bru. It was pretty good, but I'm not swooning over it... I found it a bit weak tasting. I think that's probably because of my coffee maker, though. I don't like coffee at all, and have a very cheap 4-cup drip coffee maker for when we have company that drinks coffee.

I do have a fine-mesh tea leaf infuser, so I think I'll try making a cup using that with boiling water. And let it steep for awhile. Or the cowboy coffee method (when I was in the Army, we called cowboy coffee "Army Mogas"!)

I did take some of the cooled "grounds" and mixed it in with a bit of homemade coconut milk ice cream. Perfect primal chocolate chip ice cream!
    Good idea. And yes it does have to be brewed strong enough or it would taste bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    chocolate is a slippery slope for me too---and I do think I'm better staying away from it! Anything I find that I LOVE to eat/drink is usually bad news!
    Come over to the dark side..................

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Here to report that it was lots better brewed with the tea leaf infuser! I may have to invest in a French press, although it worked quite well with the infuser. And that way I can only brew one cup at a time...

Paleobird Guest
    At the Birdnest Sushi Bar tonight ladies and gentlemen we have the mixed sashimi platter on special. That is salmon in the front, ahi in the back, seaweed salad in between and a side of salmon roe. Ooooh I love that stuff. Eating it has all the fun of popping bubble wrap except that it is yummy oily fishy tasting bubbles that explode in your mouth.
    Photo on 2012-08-25 at 17.42.jpg