Page 96 of 306 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 96

  1. #951
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Well, to further mask the liver flavor, here's what I did once for a neophyte who was shaking in her boots: snip off the top of about a dozen large calimyrna figs (the big purple ones), & scoop out 1/2 of the innards, retaining the top. Like you would do a pumpkin or a stuffed whatever. Place the pate' inside the carved out area, top with creamy soft goat cheese, drizzle w/ balsamic vinegar & put the top back on and warm them on a tray in the oven. Make extras, as this appetizer can become the main course! This recipe is one of my inspirations from a bumper crop of figs many years back from our tree...
    Oh my! You and I could have such fun together in the kitchen.......

    Speaking of which tonight at the Birdnest Diner the blue plate special is Meatloaf. But not just any meatloaf. This one is grassfed beef with an egg, 1/4 cup almond meal and some italian spices mixed up. then you put half that mix down in the loaf pan and put the stuffing (which is tomatoes onions and shredded cheese) on top down the middle in a row. Then put the other half of the meat over it and seal it up around the edges and bake at 375 for about 35-40 minutes. Served with a side of mashed cauliflower. Unlimited Crio Bru refills are included with the price of your dinner.

    Photo on 2012-08-24 at 18.02.jpg

  2. #952
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Dinner tonight was simple and small. 4 humungous local prawns with heads & tails intact simmered in hot water while I melted the butter with a mix of garlic powder, lemon juice, pinch of sea salt for dipping the prawns. Kimchi side dish & a hunk of the cabbage core from my month old sauerkraut that melted all squishy in my mouth. Dessert was a tender young coconut water & tender flesh scooped out w/ a spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    ohmygoodnessican'tbelievehowdeliciousthissounds!!! !!!!
    Betorq, you have this knack for getting women all flustered just by *talking* about the food you cook. Kerry, now imagine him in all his adorableness popping one of those stuffed figs in your mouth. Here, use my fan. I know. It's warm in here.

  3. #953
    KerryK's Avatar
    KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In the Hudson Valley, New York
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Betorq, you have this knack for getting women all flustered just by *talking* about the food you cook. Kerry, now imagine him in all his adorableness popping one of those stuffed figs in your mouth. Here, use my fan. I know. It's warm in here.
    Errr, ahem, he's not visiting ME here in NY... somehow I can only imagine him feeding YOU those figs...

  4. #954
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    Errr, ahem, he's not visiting ME here in NY... somehow I can only imagine him feeding YOU those figs...
    You're right. Gimme back my fan then. I think I need it more than you do.

  5. #955
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,719
    Have I mentioned that I also cannot eat figs anymore.

    Uuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.
    No more fresh figs.

    I'll stop whining sometime.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  6. #956
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,183
    OMG.... this old gwamma haS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAY.....except there is some seriously hot stuff going on, on these forums !!!!!!

    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  7. #957
    B2B's Avatar
    B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    156
    Hello Paleobird,
    I have been quietly following your journal for some time now without posting. You have such a wonderful approach to life and it inspires me as does your meatloaf and pate recipes!! Thanks for sharing and helping me plan dinner for this week.
    B2B

  8. #958
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,694
    I checked my local health food stores and no luck finding a similar product to the crio bru. So I ordered it. Now I have to go and get a french press or something because I usually use an espresso maker for coffee. Unless...has anyone just tried doing it like cowboy coffee? That's where you boil the water with the grounds, then you add cold water when the coffee's at a rolling boil so the grounds fall to the bottom.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

  9. #959
    solstice's Avatar
    solstice is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Posts
    471
    My hubby used to log and they always made cowboy coffee at loggers camp...he sometimes does it now when we camp.

  10. #960
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Have I mentioned that I also cannot eat figs anymore.
    Uuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.
    No more fresh figs. I'll stop whining sometime.
    You have every right to whine. Whine away. I would be too.

    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    OMG.... this old gwamma haS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SAY.....except there is some seriously hot stuff going on, on these forums !!!!!!
    Yep, Primal *makes* people be randy. That's our story and we're sticking to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Hello Paleobird,
    I have been quietly following your journal for some time now without posting. You have such a wonderful approach to life and it inspires me as does your meatloaf and pate recipes!! Thanks for sharing and helping me plan dinner for this week.
    B2B
    Hello B2B, and welcome. I don't mind lurkers. How did the meatloaf turn out? I bet there could be any number of things in the stuffing area, bacon, avocados, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I checked my local health food stores and no luck finding a similar product to the crio bru. So I ordered it. Now I have to go and get a french press or something because I usually use an espresso maker for coffee. Unless...has anyone just tried doing it like cowboy coffee? That's where you boil the water with the grounds, then you add cold water when the coffee's at a rolling boil so the grounds fall to the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    My hubby used to log and they always made cowboy coffee at loggers camp...he sometimes does it now when we camp.
    Actually I think the Cowboy Coffee method would work really well with this stuff because it doesn't mind being steeped longer than coffee. It doesn't get bitter.

    I made some more bark last night, this time with the used grounds and coconut manna.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •