Page 94 of 306 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 94

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I'm trying to make my own roobois chai blend. it's not easy to get it right.
    I'm lazy and buy a chai blend from this wonderful Indian lady at the farmers market.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrive View Post
    got my grassfed beef liver and oxtails delivered today! woohoo.....

i'm going to cook the traditional 'liver and onions' for dinner tonight dredged in coconut 'flour' and sauted in coconut oil....still looking at various recipes for the oxtail....any suggestions on either would be highly appreciated

also the crio bru sounds fantastic...(i too thought it was a wine until i googled it) i may order that as well...

<edit> does anyone know the difference between the cavalla and vega real crio bru?

also wondering if you could do a crio bru 'espresso'
    Ooooh liver and oxtails, two of my Primal favorites. I make oxtail soup in the crock pot and pate out of the liver. You can whip up a big batch of pate and then freeze some.

The Cavalla according to the label here has, "notes of coconut and cinnamon" whereas the Vega Real has "notes of strawberry and citrus" but both say these "notes" are, "found naturally in the cocoa bean". They are not added fake flavors, just the way the beans grow in different places in the world.

Paleobird Guest
    Dinner tonight was lamb shanks with a side of zucchini and yellow summer squash with the mushrooms and onions I cooked with the shanks (in the crock pot) tossed over them while they sauteed to reduce down the lamb-y broth. Very yummy but not particularly pretty so I didn't bother with a picture. Must get that silly camera fixed.

Now I'm nibbling on Crio Bru bark. I put it in the freezer for a few hours and it now has a much more bark-y texture and doesn't crumble. Purrrrr.........

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I went to the indian market and they don't have a blend. you make your own. because apparently everyone in india has their own blend, like garam masala. and so, i have to figure it out. LOL

and of course, there is my own taste....

yummy stuff through.

Paleobird Guest
    I went to the indian market and they don't have a blend. you make your own. because apparently everyone in india has their own blend, like garam masala. and so, i have to figure it out. LOL

and of course, there is my own taste....
    yummy stuff through.
    I've been meaning to try this recipe for chai spice mix out. Chai Spice Blend | FreeFoodFreedom

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    looks like a decent blend, but i'm thinking it would be weird to use.

this recipe seems to have the best taste -- but i'm finding it a bit "watery" and am looking at other recipes as well. this one has an added spice/tea mix i've yet to find. And this one uses elements that might work well to make up the difference of that spice/tea mix (called tea masala).

mine always come out too watery or not spicy enough. part of me wonders if i should toast the spices to release some of the oils, then add water and simmer off, and then add tea, then milk, and hten strain off.

anyhoot.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I ordered the Crio Bru, monkey see-monkey do. The Maracaibo one, can't wait. Read the info to DH, he said, is that something we really need? (his go-to remark on many occasions). I replied, well, that just cost ya any taste of it, ahhhh, come on, he begged.

Paleobird Guest
    looks like a decent blend, but i'm thinking it would be weird to use.

this recipe seems to have the best taste -- but i'm finding it a bit "watery" and am looking at other recipes as well. this one has an added spice/tea mix i've yet to find. And this one uses elements that might work well to make up the difference of that spice/tea mix (called tea masala).

mine always come out too watery or not spicy enough. part of me wonders if i should toast the spices to release some of the oils, then add water and simmer off, and then add tea, then milk, and hten strain off.
    anyhoot.
    Maybe mixing the spices with an oil base first would help like some butter and then let them sit in that for a while. It could be kind of like bulletproof chai.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I ordered the Crio Bru, monkey see-monkey do. The Maracaibo one, can't wait. Read the info to DH, he said, is that something we really need? (his go-to remark on many occasions). I replied, well, that just cost ya any taste of it, ahhhh, come on, he begged.
    Hah! He will be begging on his knees when he catches a whiff of how good it smells brewing. (My Vega Real batch is calling to me now)

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Spices are often toasted and then ground in Indian cooking, so it might be worth a try.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Okay you guys are driving me crazy with this talk of Crio Bru... hubby and I are going to Whole Foods tomorrow, I'm gonna get some!

What's the most chocolatey flavored one?

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've only tried the Cavalla and the Vega Real so far and both are awesome. I gave each of the others a sniff test and they all smell wonderful too. Each one is a little different but they are all, by definition "chocolatey". They are pure chocolate! The Cavallo Dark Roast one smells particularly intense.

I know I sound like I've lost my mind but you really do need to try this stuff. Your life will never be the same again.