Page 92 of 306 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 92

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    I am so damn spoiled i refuse to eat out. i mean who can grill a steak like I can? I can taste the corn and othe crap in the commercial meats. nothing out there in the world of the restaurant tastes good anymore , it is like being punished
    Oh, I'm SO glad I'm not the only one! I think my hubby can grill a steak like you can, Quelson; and no one can cook veg/make a salad like I do. Coworkers want to eat out for lunch all the time, and I don't go with... besides being bad for you, it just tastes nasty! "Oh, sure, I'd love to pay money to eat nasty tasting food that makes me sick."

Owly is offline Senior Member
    You all need better restaurants. We have some amazing local food places here that do all free range and organic stuff. So good.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Damn we all live a great life, imagin a time when we thought white bread was where its all.
    I used to eat white bread dipped in BBQ sauce for a cheap dinner in college. Y'know, when I was out of ramen.

I am so damn spoiled i refuse to eat out. i mean who can grill a steak like I can? I can taste the corn and othe crap in the commercial meats. nothing out there in the world of the restaurant tastes good anymore , it is like being punished
    I want to come eat at your house.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    You all need better restaurants. We have some amazing local food places here that do all free range and organic stuff. So good.
    I live in BFE. We have...ONE place that MIGHT have organics. Plus Freebird's, but I don't think they really count.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I have no idea what BFE even stands for!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

I have no idea what BFE even stands for!
    Bum F-word Egypt. Ie, the middle of absolutely nowhere.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Lol! Okay. I am in a city of about a million people, big difference.

Owly's Journal

Lol! Okay. I am in a city of about a million people, big difference.
    I think if I drive 6 hours in just about any direction, I'd be in a major city.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Also sometimes called "Lady Grey". Really good!

Rooibos is remarkable with honey or maple syrup and cream. Really draws out the caramel-y flavors of the brew.
    Lady Grey is Bergamot *and* citrus. I like both, but Lady is more (even more) floral. I'm English, I know my teas!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ahhh...
    I do have rooibos... and I found out that it has NO oxalates!
    That, my dear, is 'squee' worthy!
    I can drown in the stuff if I want to... and make CHAI!

The proper Chinese teas (oolongs, whites, greens) are not as high in oxalates and I can drink them in moderation.

Why do you have to throw Earl Grey under the bus... the one black tea I love.

As far as the Crio Bru...

"To date, we have not done any specific testing to ascertain oxalate levels in Crio Brü. It is well known that there is oxalate in cacao. However, there is a way that oxalate levels can be reduced and that is through boiling or steaming.

Sooo... I'm going to get some. For occasional use, like weekend indulgence, once the weather cools down here.
    I think it will be safer for me that continued intake of eating chocolate... which I'm going to MISS. Seriously... I NEVER thought I'd be giving up chocolate!
    Crio Bru will be my "safe chocolate"...
    Oh squeee back atcha! I'm so glad that will work for you. Rooibos chai also makes awesome jello blocks.
    I went to make a pot of Crio Bru today and found the grounds from last night still there. I idly nibbled a few of them thinking they would be kind of washed out after brewing but they were really yummy. I took them and blended them in the VitaMix with some coconut oil and then put it in the fridge. We'll see if it sets up into Crio Bru bark. No point in wasting something so tasty.

is Crio Bru any different than getting cocoa nibs and grinding them into powder? cause i have been doing that for a while now, given that i am adding it to my coffee...
    Damn we all live a great life, imagin a time when we thought white bread was where its all.
    Crio bru is roasted but other than that no, it's just cocoa. Some of the varieties they offer have flavorings such a cinnamon and berries though.

I know what you mean about eating out. We have some nice places here but, if you want the grass fed, you pay for it. I look at some of my meals and think, that is like a $50 dinner right there.

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Also sometimes called "Lady Grey". Really good!
    Rooibos is remarkable with honey or maple syrup and cream. Really draws out the caramel-y flavors of the brew.
    You can also "bulletproof" rooibos.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Oh, I'm SO glad I'm not the only one! I think my hubby can grill a steak like you can, Quelson; and no one can cook veg/make a salad like I do. Coworkers want to eat out for lunch all the time, and I don't go with... besides being bad for you, it just tastes nasty! "Oh, sure, I'd love to pay money to eat nasty tasting food that makes me sick."
    Yeah eating out is something I only do now if friends are going. If I am choosing, I would rather stay home. I'll challenge you to a BAS cookoff any day.

SD is doing well getting free range stuff available too. It's becoming chic and upscale.

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I used to eat white bread dipped in BBQ sauce for a cheap dinner in college. Y'know, when I was out of ramen. I want to come eat at your house.
    I think Quelsen should quit his job and open a Primal restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Lady Grey is Bergamot *and* citrus. I like both, but Lady is more (even more) floral. I'm English, I know my teas!
    Several very well informed tea drinkers around here. Pinkies up!