Page 90 of 306 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 90

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I have to watch protein overload too. It's easy to keep slicing the roast, melts in my mouth, so that's been my biggest willpower test.. funny, you'd think it would be sugar and/or bread. I am so in ketosis and loving it. It truly is amazing how great I feel and the energy, fabulous sleep and great mood. DH asked me the other day, you sure are happy, what u taking? LOL I said, well, I do take mushroom supplements the moment I hit the floor each morning but it's the lack of carbs and the right amt of good fats/protein, I know that.
    A vegetarian friend who I haven't seen in maybe a year and I had lunch a few days ago and she told me I was "glowing", a term usually used only among the elite raw foodist juicer crowd. Hah! I thought that was quite a compliment. I have gotten her talked back from vegan to lacto ovo and she is just about ready to take the plunge into pescatarian. Hehehe, evil temptress that I am.

I don't use any supplements at all. Everyone keeps saying, "well you must be taking something...". Um, no, just good healthy food and rest and play and sunshine. Works fine for me.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I've been told I glowed, too, by my mom, so maybe not the most reliable source, but hey, she did notice my skin and said something about it. I think someone said my skin looked really smooth here on this forum, too. I should take a picture of my face and compare with older pictures of my face. I do notice that these little hard white things around my eyes that I've had since childhood are gone. That's amazing! Those things have been a MAJOR source of trauma for me.

Your taco salad looks great. I have to eat a lot of chicken and salmon because my BF thinks beef will kill him. I eat a lot of pork because damn, pork is so delicious. I bet I could get away with a taco salad made like that using lean beef or buffalo. Let the BF eat it like nachos (he's kind of hypocritical, fat will kill him but not corn chips )

I've noticed when I eat mostly beef and salmon, I get kind of "vulcan." I suppose that suggests it is good for epliepsy?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Really? I would be interested to see that. Do you know if the presentations are up on the net yet?
    Was searching for it last night, but don't see it on the main site yet.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I've been told I glowed, too, by my mom, so maybe not the most reliable source, but hey, she did notice my skin and said something about it. I think someone said my skin looked really smooth here on this forum, too. I should take a picture of my face and compare with older pictures of my face. I do notice that these little hard white things around my eyes that I've had since childhood are gone. That's amazing! Those things have been a MAJOR source of trauma for me.

Your taco salad looks great. I have to eat a lot of chicken and salmon because my BF thinks beef will kill him. I eat a lot of pork because damn, pork is so delicious. I bet I could get away with a taco salad made like that using lean beef or buffalo. Let the BF eat it like nachos (he's kind of hypocritical, fat will kill him but not corn chips )

I've noticed when I eat mostly beef and salmon, I get kind of "vulcan." I suppose that suggests it is good for epliepsy?
    Being raised in a kosher household, not really trying pepperoni pizza outside the home til when I was a teen, I'm keen now on pulled pork, bacon on the weekends, shrimp, crab, all forms of wild seafood. But I eat tons of beef, a fair amount of turkey & chicken too. I'm an equal opportunity carnivore, as long as its quality stuff... Erm, what does, kind of "vulcan" mean?
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Paleobird Guest

Yep, I've totally quit wearing foundation or powder makeup. Now I just do a little eye enhancement and lip gloss if I'm getting gussied up for something special.
    Everyone keeps asking me what I "use" on my skin like if they could only find the magic potion in a jar it would fix everything. I tell them eating high fat is like using a moisturizer from the inside out.
    On the bf front, try for more seafood. He accepts that as healthy and it is.
    Vulcan? If you mean like clear, logical, orderly thought processes, then yeah, I'm a Vulcan. Live long and prosper. Ketosis really does feel like it makes me "sharper" mentally. Words come easier. I can do math in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Was searching for it last night, but don't see it on the main site yet.
    Thanks. Let me know if you stumble upon it. I would really be interested to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Being raised in a kosher household, not really trying pepperoni pizza outside the home til when I was a teen, I'm keen now on pulled pork, bacon on the weekends, shrimp, crab, all forms of wild seafood. But I eat tons of beef, a fair amount of turkey & chicken too. I'm an equal opportunity carnivore, as long as its quality stuff... Erm, what does, kind of "vulcan" mean?
    I do miss chincharones. I don't miss chicken. I think I associate it too much in my mind with CW low fat diets.

AlaskanAlison is offline Junior Member
    I just wanted to stop in a say hi. Believe it or not, I've spent my entire day reading your old journal (yes, really). I'm on page 73and just.can't.stop. Somewhere around page 40 you started talking about a calorie counting post you had made that seemed to ruffle people's feathers. I haven't been able to find the post you were talking about (the search function appears to hate me) but I think I figured out the gist of it from your comments in your journal. And, I have to say, when you started talking about calorie counting and protein intake and not gorging on bacon dipped in coconut oil with a slab of avocado every day......I had a moment when I said to myself, (in the voice of Gru from Despicable Me) "LIGHHHHHHHHHTTTT BUUUUULLLLLBBBB!" I mean, seriously. It makes so much sense that I almost want to smack myself upside my head. DUH, Alison. Here I've been wondering why the hell I've been gaining back weight the past several weeks (because HELLO I've been eating bacon dipped in coconut oil with a slab of avocado and that is totally PB "approved") - and then I stumbled upon your journal and BAM. Thunderstruck.

So, I started tracking calories today. And I think it's going to be easy to stay under my calorie goal while staying totally satisfied. Staying away from the wine every week, not so much. But that's a different post altogether . Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for your posts (and your common sense) and congrats on your fabulous weight loss. And if you happen to have a link to your thread about calorie counting that would be awesome. Keep up the good work!

Alison

P.S. I lovelovelovelove San Diego and have been telling my husband for years that we need to hurry up and win the lottery so we can move there.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Peggy the primal parent used the term vulcan in response to how her all meat diet makes her feel. I guess vulcan is like Dr. Spock. Kind of without emotion and warmth. Cold, logical and efficient on the outside, yet you feel content, happy, clear and focused on the inside.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAlison View Post
    I just wanted to stop in a say hi. Believe it or not, I've spent my entire day reading your old journal (yes, really). I'm on page 73and just.can't.stop. Somewhere around page 40 you started talking about a calorie counting post you had made that seemed to ruffle people's feathers. I haven't been able to find the post you were talking about (the search function appears to hate me) but I think I figured out the gist of it from your comments in your journal. And, I have to say, when you started talking about calorie counting and protein intake and not gorging on bacon dipped in coconut oil with a slab of avocado every day......I had a moment when I said to myself, (in the voice of Gru from Despicable Me) "LIGHHHHHHHHHTTTT BUUUUULLLLLBBBB!" I mean, seriously. It makes so much sense that I almost want to smack myself upside my head. DUH, Alison. Here I've been wondering why the hell I've been gaining back weight the past several weeks (because HELLO I've been eating bacon dipped in coconut oil with a slab of avocado and that is totally PB "approved") - and then I stumbled upon your journal and BAM. Thunderstruck.

So, I started tracking calories today. And I think it's going to be easy to stay under my calorie goal while staying totally satisfied. Staying away from the wine every week, not so much. But that's a different post altogether . Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for your posts (and your common sense) and congrats on your fabulous weight loss. And if you happen to have a link to your thread about calorie counting that would be awesome. Keep up the good work!

Alison

P.S. I lovelovelovelove San Diego and have been telling my husband for years that we need to hurry up and win the lottery so we can move there.
    Wow, that a lot of reading. Welcome to the Birdnest.
    This was the first thread that had a lot of good stuff in it but got really huge and included some troll attacks.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread24580.html

This was the second one that is kind of the Cliff's Notes version of the first. Also with some good new stuff.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29501.html

If you are ever in San Diego, let me know.

Peggy the primal parent used the term vulcan in response to how her all meat diet makes her feel. I guess vulcan is like Dr. Spock. Kind of without emotion and warmth. Cold, logical and efficient on the outside, yet you feel content, happy, clear and focused on the inside.
    Yes, razor sharp focus. The fact that I'm on my third cup of Crio Bru may have something to do with that too. It just arrived today and I think I'm in love.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-21-2012 at 06:02 PM.

mdrive is offline Junior Member
    I don't use any supplements at all. Everyone keeps saying, "well you must be taking something...". Um, no, just good healthy food and rest and play and sunshine. Works fine for me.
    i wish i didn't need to take supplements, but with CAD and hashi's there are some that i really notice i get symptomatic without...i take a therapeutic dosage of fish oil (when i stop taking it i can get 'chest discomfort') and vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin k, and a few others that seem to help the thyroid symptoms....if someone told me i could only take 1 supplement, it would be a tough choice between fish oil and vitamin d, ultimately fish oil would win, cuz even though i'm in the midwest, we still actually do have sunshine here <gg>

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrive View Post
    i wish i didn't need to take supplements, but with CAD and hashi's there are some that i really notice i get symptomatic without...i take a therapeutic dosage of fish oil (when i stop taking it i can get 'chest discomfort') and vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin k, and a few others that seem to help the thyroid symptoms....if someone told me i could only take 1 supplement, it would be a tough choice between fish oil and vitamin d, ultimately fish oil would win, cuz even though i'm in the midwest, we still actually do have sunshine here <gg>
    Oh, there are definitely circumstances that warrant supplements. I took supplements after chemo while getting my thyroid back on line but I'm glad to be off of them now. And, yes, real sunshine is better than bottled vitamin D any day.