Page 81 of 306 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 81

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow looks fabulous! I may have to drop by next time I'm in San Diego Ha ha! I'll bring some good wine down from Sonoma.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Wow looks fabulous! I may have to drop by next time I'm in San Diego Ha ha! I'll bring some good wine down from Sonoma.
    I'll trade you some home cooking for some Sonoma wine any day. It's a date.

Paleobird Guest
    Ok, This is the post-mortem on my street fair bender Saturday afternoon.
    2 glasses of strawberry wine
    1 honey-vodka with soda water
    1 sampler platter of fried greasiness (small nibbles really) and I didn't eat dinner that evening
    free samples of some fruit juice drinks and starbucks iced coffee (sweetened)

then 3 whole days of perfect eating to get back to 2 pounds off where we started on the August Challenge(pre-bender was 3.5 off)

I actually continued to gain weight for two days in a row after, Sunday and Monday.

Note to self: not worth it. File under "Learning Experiences".

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    no, really, i had to record what the *kid* eats and most people are like "really? really!?" He's so solid in his build and so active, it's no wonder he is hungry!

i actually don't eat nearly as much as he does!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    PB, I really like liver pate, but I never made it myself. I saw your recipe, and I thought.... Perfect! I can make this!

And then I wondered... do you use chicken liver or beef liver?

Thanks!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    no, really, i had to record what the *kid* eats and most people are like "really? really!?" He's so solid in his build and so active, it's no wonder he is hungry! i actually don't eat nearly as much as he does!
    Yeah, I got that. That was the collective non-specific primal person usage of the word "you" when I said you freak them out with what you eat, not you the individual. It must be wonderful to be a primal kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    PB, I really like liver pate, but I never made it myself. I saw your recipe, and I thought.... Perfect! I can make this!
    And then I wondered... do you use chicken liver or beef liver?
    Thanks!
    I have done chicken, cow, calf, and lamb liver and they all work. I'm not doing chicken any more since I'm not eating poultry any more due to their O3/O6 profile and their diet ("vegetarian fed" could mean soy). If I had my own chickens or could go to a farm and really know what was going on, then I might eat some but since I live in a big city and chicken is not my favorite anyway, I'd just as soon skip it.
    Lamb liver is the best and calf is a close second. Both have a milder flavor than beef. Beef is good too but you need to take a little heavier hand with whatever spices you are using to balance out the stronger flavor.

Paleobird Guest
    Tonight I made Fat Bread a la Richard on Free The Animal.

Photo on 2012-08-15 at 20.57 #2.jpg

It's mostly coconut manna, mac nuts and eggs. Serious amounts of calories and fat involved. Full breakdown in this thread : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63644.html
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-15-2012 at 10:59 PM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi Paleobird,

I just wanted to tell you that I think it's totally interesting that you're trying to control seizures through food and wish you the best of luck.

I dated an epileptic 30 some odd years ago. He took tegritol (sp?) and phenobarbitol. The poor guy was so often in a fog.

Again, good luck and best of health to you.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hi Paleobird,
    I just wanted to tell you that I think it's totally interesting that you're trying to control seizures through food and wish you the best of luck.
    I dated an epileptic 30 some odd years ago. He took tegritol (sp?) and phenobarbitol. The poor guy was so often in a fog.
    Again, good luck and best of health to you.
    Thanks, Joanie.
    Tegretol, urgh. Makes my head hurt just to think about it. That was the first medication I was ever given back in college. It was like the worst hangover you have ever had in your life but It. Never. Ends. Seizures were better than that so I chucked it completely.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 08-15-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Fat Bread looks good. You are one heck of a cook PB.