Page 80 of 306 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 80

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I'm not sure on that account, but have you seen his Before & After Pics? He's post #4511.
    Teflon-brain here had a hard time finding it, but I did. He looks good, just like I thought he would! If I were single, I would definitely ask him out myself. Alas, I happen to be one of those faithful types. Just not goody-two-shoes enough not to compliment him on it! So, here goes -

Hey Betorq! YOU LOOK GOOD!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    There just is something about betorq that really speaks to me.
    Do you know if he is one of the leg-shackled?
    I know what you mean. I think that is something you really should be asking him, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I'm not sure on that account, but have you seen his Before & After Pics? He's post #4511.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Teflon-brain here had a hard time finding it, but I did. He looks good, just like I thought he would! If I were single, I would definitely ask him out myself.
    Hey Betorq! YOU LOOK GOOD!
    Well, see what you've gone and done Betorq? You get all my lady friends all hot and bothered. This thread is getting so steamy, I have to wipe down my screen.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i'm still in my egg phase. i have loved eggs since I was a little kid -- i could easily sit and eat a dozen hard boiled ones. I just love the darn things. Particularly hard boiled and/or deviled. Goodness knows why!

When I was vegan, it was eggs that I really, really missed. And when I wasn't vegan anymore, i was like "woohoo, eggs!" and -- well -- I still eat at least 3 a day. I still love them. I don't think it's a phase, now.

OMG, I ahd to list on DS's kindy intake/interview form what he eats in a day and when. It was like this:

7 am: berries and raw yogurt with cod liver oil and two brazil nuts; 3 eggs in butter; 1/2 cup steamed veggies in bone broth.
    kindy time: fruit, buns or whatever they feed him.
    1 pm: beef strips or mince patties with mustard and mayo, cut veggies (usually 1/2 cucumber and 1/2 bell pepper plus cabbage leaves), apple or orange -- nibbles on this all afternoon
    5:30 pm: chicken or fish, veggies steamed in bone broth and tossed with olive oil, berries with yogurt and flax seed oil and sunflower and pumpkin seeds (soaked).

you should have seen her eyes pop out of her head. LOL "Wait, he eats this much in one day?" and I said "yes, I haven't calculated, but I think he gets about 2200 cals per day." And she goes, "my god. my goodness." LOL

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I know what you mean. I think that is something you really should be asking him, not me.
    Well, see what you've gone and done Betorq? You get all my lady friends all hot and bothered. This thread is getting so steamy, I have to wipe down my screen.
    Yes, that's my other job, part-time mind you... bothering hot ladies, steaming up screens...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i'm still in my egg phase. i have loved eggs since I was a little kid -- i could easily sit and eat a dozen hard boiled ones. I just love the darn things. Particularly hard boiled and/or deviled. Goodness knows why!

When I was vegan, it was eggs that I really, really missed. And when I wasn't vegan anymore, i was like "woohoo, eggs!" and -- well -- I still eat at least 3 a day. I still love them. I don't think it's a phase, now.

OMG, I ahd to list on DS's kindy intake/interview form what he eats in a day and when. It was like this:

7 am: berries and raw yogurt with cod liver oil and two brazil nuts; 3 eggs in butter; 1/2 cup steamed veggies in bone broth.
    kindy time: fruit, buns or whatever they feed him.
    1 pm: beef strips or mince patties with mustard and mayo, cut veggies (usually 1/2 cucumber and 1/2 bell pepper plus cabbage leaves), apple or orange -- nibbles on this all afternoon
    5:30 pm: chicken or fish, veggies steamed in bone broth and tossed with olive oil, berries with yogurt and flax seed oil and sunflower and pumpkin seeds (soaked).

you should have seen her eyes pop out of her head. LOL "Wait, he eats this much in one day?" and I said "yes, I haven't calculated, but I think he gets about 2200 cals per day." And she goes, "my god. my goodness." LOL
    I was vegetarian once for about a year back in college. I can't imagine being seriously vegan though.

Thats so funny when you freak people out like that with how much you can eat. That wold be so cool to have been raised Primal and not have to have the body get past all the health problems left over from years of CW misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Yes, that's my other job, part-time mind you... bothering hot ladies, steaming up screens...
    And you do it SO well, Sweetums.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I tried vegetarianism for a few months, to see what my daughter finds so appealing about it. I just ended up tired and craving steak! Not for me, I concluded.

PB, can you please educate me some more? I've ordered a blood test kit for ketones, but I wondered when it's best to test? And how soon after eating something that takes me out of ketosis would it show up on the monitor? I'll need to do some experimenting to see what I can safely eat and stay in ketosis. Still feeling good - it's now officially a personal best record for no cravings, no IBS, and weight loss. I need a high five for that lot
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    PB, can you please educate me some more? I've ordered a blood test kit for ketones, but I wondered when it's best to test? And how soon after eating something that takes me out of ketosis would it show up on the monitor? I'll need to do some experimenting to see what I can safely eat and stay in ketosis. Still feeling good - it's now officially a personal best record for no cravings, no IBS, and weight loss. I need a high five for that lot
    Your level of blood ketones doesn't fluctuate as fast as blood sugar does. So it's not eating X food creates Y reading. I would suggest monitoring at a consistent time of day, much like weighing yourself. Say once in the morning and once before bed.

Caveat: I've never used a blood keytone monitor, only the ketostix. From what I have read the blood monitors are much more accurate because, as your body becomes more adept at burning keytones, there are fewer being excreted. This causes some people using the ketostix to think it "stopped working".

Also remember that overdoing the protein can knock you out of ketosis very easily no matter how diligently you count your carbs.

i am so glad you are feeling better. High fives indeed!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Also remember that overdoing the protein can knock you out of ketosis very easily no matter how diligently you count your carbs
    Yeah, that's the bit that cheered me up, actually - overeating protein caused IBS symptoms to raise their ugly heads, so 'getting the OK' to eat less protein as well as fewer carbs was a selling point. I'm really enjoying this experiment so far, because the parameters are so different and there's some hope for managing mood as well. Just simply being told to 'increase protein', 'increase fat' and 'reduce carbs' to a certain point hasn't ever worked. "Do whatever you need to do to stay in ketosis" is a completely different way to measure what I'm doing.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Yeah, that's the bit that cheered me up, actually - overeating protein caused IBS symptoms to raise their ugly heads, so 'getting the OK' to eat less protein as well as fewer carbs was a selling point. I'm really enjoying this experiment so far, because the parameters are so different and there's some hope for managing mood as well. Just simply being told to 'increase protein', 'increase fat' and 'reduce carbs' to a certain point hasn't ever worked. "Do whatever you need to do to stay in ketosis" is a completely different way to measure what I'm doing.
    I'm so glad you are going for this and making it work. I don't remember if I told you this already (if so, forgive me) but you might find the website, "The Eating Academy" run by Dr. Peter Attia to be useful. He is all about the ketosis and give some very good "troubleshooting" advice about getting and staying there long enough to reap the benefits.

Paleobird Guest
    The special tonight at the Birdnest Casbah Cafe is Lamb chops in Moroccan chile butter and a side salad with bell peppers.
    Attached Images Attached Images