Page 79 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 79

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I was thinking of packing one of my US Wellness Meats boxes with avos and shipping it to a lady in Washington to feed the PCT hikers that come to her house. I don't think you're allowed to put avos in the mail, though.
    You could certainly mail avos. People sell cases of them online & ship them all the time. Haven't you ever gotten a fruit basket or a case of grapefruits in the mail, in the dead of winter?
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It's funny, I seem to have phases about some foods. When I first started Primal I was eating coconut oil off a spoon. Then I went though a phase where the smell of it made me gag. Now I'm coo-koo for coconuts again. I wonder why this happens.
    I do the same thing, especially with eggs. Sometimes I crave them, other time the idea of them makes me nauseated. I think it has to do with what your body needs at that time.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    I am finding that a little coconut improves a lot of things, marinara sauce, soups, stock, coffee. It's funny, I seem to have phases about some foods. When I first started Primal I was eating coconut oil off a spoon. Then I went though a phase where the smell of it made me gag. Now I'm coo-koo for coconuts again. I wonder why this happens.
    My theory is that coconuts are some sort of primal/paleo survivors that we are intuitively drawn to, kinda like our relationship to fatty, cold water fishes, foods so yummy & good for us that we connect with them on a deep level, more than many other foods. What other food does these? They float for days & weeks to get from place to place to reseed themselves in new environs. They are food, drink, fuel, housing, transport (canoes), gardening tools, kitchen utensils, art, hell what have I missed...? Like bamboo & hemp, they are amazingly versatile & useful. I've been coo-coo for coconut since I was a wee child. Fell in love with coconut creme layer cake when I was a toddler, before I discovered chocolate. And even after the chocolate, coconut was still my favorite. I got re-aquainted w/ them in Jamaica in the early 80s, ala tender young coconuts in the mornings after a hard night of partying & have been singing their praises pretty ever since, even while CW for many years demonized them & their oils.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    You could certainly mail avos. People sell cases of them online & ship them all the time. Haven't you ever gotten a fruit basket or a case of grapefruits in the mail, in the dead of winter?
    I thought I saw in the post office on a poster that fruit was a no-no. Maybe I can send them Fed Ex.

Well, if it makes anybody feel better, I sometimes have to open several avocados before I get a good one.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    My theory is that coconuts are some sort of primal/paleo survivors that we are intuitively drawn to, kinda like our relationship to fatty, cold water fishes, foods so yummy & good for us that we connect with them on a deep level, more than many other foods. What other food does these? They float for days & weeks to get from place to place to reseed themselves in new environs. They are food, drink, fuel, housing, transport (canoes), gardening tools, kitchen utensils, art, hell what have I missed...? Like bamboo & hemp, they are amazingly versatile & useful. I've been coo-coo for coconut since I was a wee child. Fell in love with coconut creme layer cake when I was a toddler, before I discovered chocolate. And even after the chocolate, coconut was still my favorite. I got re-aquainted w/ them in Jamaica in the early 80s, ala tender young coconuts in the mornings after a hard night of partying & have been singing their praises pretty ever since, even while CW for many years demonized them & their oils.
    Preach on, brother. I can't wait to hear about your coconut cheesecake. *faints*

Okay, all you Californians need to stop talking about avocados rolling in the street. It makes my heart hurt. I don't want to tell you how much money I shell out for then every few days. I think I need to move West again.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    I thought I saw in the post office on a poster that fruit was a no-no. Maybe I can send them Fed Ex.

Well, if it makes anybody feel better, I sometimes have to open several avocados before I get a good one.
    I promise not to tell on you. We can start an Underground Avocado Export Service. I'd offer you something from the DC Metro area but we just seem to specialize in politicians. And they definitely spoil quickly, and should not be exported to such a pristine place as Santa Barbara.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    You have redeemed yourself a TINY bit with this comment... Went shopping today, and the avos were a dollar each - on sale. But to have EIGHT friggin' avocado trees - holy persea americana! I just went as green as an unripe avo skin.

Betorq - My intro to coconut was the Mounds Bar, which was my favorite candy bar throughout my childhood, until it got replaced by the York Peppermint Patty / Junior Mints duo. If I can't find After Eight mints or Fazermint, that is. Dude, you better be glad that I am already firmly matrimonied - I already was working on a decent forum crush, and now I read that you have cats and love them?!?! How much harder can you make this for me?? (I have adored cats my entire life, and currently play caretaker to a colony of 6 tabby mutt males, 5 of which are some variety of orange - the last one is graphite in color.)

Hello Paleobird! What can we do to put some psychological pressure on sb so she sends us all avos anyway??

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I do the same thing, especially with eggs. Sometimes I crave them, other time the idea of them makes me nauseated. I think it has to do with what your body needs at that time.
    Yep I had a 6 eggs a day phase.

My theory is that coconuts are some sort of primal/paleo survivors that we are intuitively drawn to, foods so yummy & good for us that we connect with them on a deep level, more than many other foods.
    Probably true.

You could ship just about anything Fed Ex. They don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    I think I need to move West again.
    Yes, you do.

Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    I promise not to tell on you. We can start an Underground Avocado Export Service. I'd offer you something from the DC Metro area but we just seem to specialize in politicians. And they definitely spoil quickly, and should not be exported to such a pristine place as Santa Barbara.
    Eww. That's OK, keep the politicians on that side of the continent please.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Betorq - Dude, you better be glad that I am already firmly matrimonied - I already was working on a decent forum crush, and now I read that you have cats and love them?!?! How much harder can you make this for me??
    I'm not matrimonied. Just sayin'...........

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I'm not matrimonied. Just sayin'...........
    I am well-matched with my guy, we go back quite a way (sophomore year of high school), and I probably wouldn't find someone so easy to live with, so I'm not about to trade him in, and have never been tempted. There just is something about betorq that really speaks to me. And I don't mind doing him the favor of inflating his ego on occasion...

Do you know if he is one of the leg-shackled?

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I am well-matched with my guy, we go back quite a way (sophomore year of high school), and I probably wouldn't find someone so easy to live with, so I'm not about to trade him in, and have never been tempted. There just is something about betorq that really speaks to me. And I don't mind doing him the favor of inflating his ego on occasion...

Do you know if he is one of the leg-shackled?
    I'm not sure on that account, but have you seen his Before & After Pics? He's post #4511.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly