Page 78 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 78

  1. #771
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,090
    Shop Now
    i had perfect fried eggs and a mix of brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower (the last two steamed, then tossed with sautéed sprouts and my usual honey-mustard) -- which was an awesome brekkie.

    I'm not sure what's for dinner. I think venison sausage and more brussels sprouts. I love brussels sprouts!

  2. #772
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,126
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i had perfect fried eggs and a mix of brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower (the last two steamed, then tossed with sautéed sprouts and my usual honey-mustard) -- which was an awesome brekkie.

    I'm not sure what's for dinner. I think venison sausage and more brussels sprouts. I love brussels sprouts!
    Funny. I made the wif steamed broccoli and microwaved eggs with butter for breakfast this morning. It looked good.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  3. #773
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i had perfect fried eggs and a mix of brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower (the last two steamed, then tossed with sautéed sprouts and my usual honey-mustard) -- which was an awesome brekkie.

    I'm not sure what's for dinner. I think venison sausage and more brussels sprouts. I love brussels sprouts!
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Funny. I made the wif steamed broccoli and microwaved eggs with butter for breakfast this morning. It looked good.
    I love brussels sprouts too. I think Primal makes us expand our definitions of "that which is breakfast food".

  4. #774
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,126
    Ya, breakfast is just another meal for us now. Not usually meat heavy, though our cast iron fry pan gets a workout.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  5. #775
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,090
    we are funny in that sometimes we have "breakfast" for dinner and sometimes dinner for breakfast (fish anyone?). But yes, veggies are a big part of our brekkies.

    one of my favorite (non-primal) brekkies is grits and/or cream of wheat stirred into some beautiful, home made butternut squash (or pumpkin) soup that I like to make with various spices (sometimes french, sometimes spanish, sometimes thai, sometimes indian, etc). *so good*

    Now i make the soup with bone broth and no grain. It's just soup. it's still good for breakfast, but when I added the cream of wheat and/or grits, it was something special. I think i would do that about 3-4 times a year. I did it a few months ago when we all had the flu. . . with quinoa. it was good.

    Anyway. . .rambling. It's true that going primal has you rethinking things.

  6. #776
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    sbhikes tells me that avocados are gathering in the street gutters and rolling down her neighbors' driveways... siiiiiiiigh....
    I picked up 3 of them rolling in the street just the other day. I was sad that the biggest one had been run over by a car.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird
    Yes avocados are pretty much a staple item here. I wish I had a tree like she does. Some of us still do have to buy ours.
    A tree? We have 8 trees. Just thought I'd rub it in.

    I was thinking of packing one of my US Wellness Meats boxes with avos and shipping it to a lady in Washington to feed the PCT hikers that come to her house. I don't think you're allowed to put avos in the mail, though.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

  7. #777
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Ya, breakfast is just another meal for us now. Not usually meat heavy, though our cast iron fry pan gets a workout.
    I used to love brekkie but lately I find myself not getting hungry until noon so I'm just "going with it'". I end up having a small bite at noon like one of my tupperware cups of pate, then I am not so starving when I'm making dinner. It's easy to overdo portions when cooking while hungry.
    I tried doing the Fast 5 thing but I found that watching the clock to see if I can eat yet on any particular schedule is just too cortisol inducing. I think I may have gotten to the point where I can actually do that mythical "listen to your body" thing. I end up with about a 6-7 hour eating window just by chance but it varies from day to day.

    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    we are funny in that sometimes we have "breakfast" for dinner and sometimes dinner for breakfast (fish anyone?). But yes, veggies are a big part of our brekkies.

    one of my favorite (non-primal) brekkies is grits and/or cream of wheat stirred into some beautiful, home made butternut squash (or pumpkin) soup that I like to make with various spices (sometimes french, sometimes spanish, sometimes thai, sometimes indian, etc). *so good*

    Now i make the soup with bone broth and no grain. It's just soup. it's still good for breakfast, but when I added the cream of wheat and/or grits, it was something special. I think i would do that about 3-4 times a year. I did it a few months ago when we all had the flu. . . with quinoa. it was good.

    Anyway. . .rambling. It's true that going primal has you rethinking things.
    That soup sounds wonderful but I'll take mine without the grits please. I never liked grit or cream of wheat. Have you ever tried adding coconut manna for a little more creaminess and body?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I picked up 3 of them rolling in the street just the other day. I was sad that the biggest one had been run over by a car.
    A tree? We have 8 trees. Just thought I'd rub it in.

    I was thinking of packing one of my US Wellness Meats boxes with avos and shipping it to a lady in Washington to feed the PCT hikers that come to her house. I don't think you're allowed to put avos in the mail, though.
    Yeah, Yeah. Rub it in.
    Maybe you could peel the avos and pack it as guac in frozen containers to ship. I think the laws about shipping are about the fresh produce because they are paranoid about medfly transmission and all that.

  8. #778
    Jac's Avatar
    Jac
    Jac is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,374
    Ahhh, so jealous of the late summer conversations about produce. I'm excited that the cherry blossom trees are mostly out now here!
    Started Feb 18 2011

    Journalling here

    "There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

  9. #779
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,090
    i like the gritty-ness of grits, which is why i liked it in soup and subbed it out for quinoa. but, you know, coconut shavings might do the trick to give that same feeling, and if i toast it, it would add extra nuttiness. hmm.

    mostly, i just eat it like soup these days.

  10. #780
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Ahhh, so jealous of the late summer conversations about produce. I'm excited that the cherry blossom trees are mostly out now here!
    Yes, California is the land of legal raw dairy and "extra" avocados rolling in the streets. Cherry blossoms are pretty. It doesn't really get cold enough here to grow cherries except up in the mountains.

    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    i like the gritty-ness of grits, which is why i liked it in soup and subbed it out for quinoa. but, you know, coconut shavings might do the trick to give that same feeling, and if i toast it, it would add extra nuttiness. hmm.

    mostly, i just eat it like soup these days.
    I am finding that a little coconut improves a lot of things, marinara sauce, soups, stock, coffee. It's funny, I seem to have phases about some foods. When I first started Primal I was eating coconut oil off a spoon. Then I went though a phase where the smell of it made me gag. Now I'm coo-koo for coconuts again. I wonder why this happens.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •