Page 70 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 70

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    How about an okra massage, knocking out 2 paleobirds w/ 1 veggie... As the okra has that slick mucilage that can double as an oil...
    Have you ever had that stuff dry on you?

*shudders*
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Hey PB, if you ever wanted to dig into the research and science regarding the diets of early humans this is your paper/lecture. Simply one of the best I have read (a little heavy on the science jargon but well worth the slog). Well researched with great references - all great reads on their own. Enjoy!

http://www.gregdavis.ca/share/paleo-...yd%20Eaton.pdf

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Have you ever had that stuff dry on you?
    *shudders*
    Ewwww. On second thought, not sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Hey PB, if you ever wanted to dig into the research and science regarding the diets of early humans this is your paper/lecture. Simply one of the best I have read (a little heavy on the science jargon but well worth the slog). Well researched with great references - all great reads on their own. Enjoy!

http://www.gregdavis.ca/share/paleo-...yd%20Eaton.pdf
    Thanks, canuck. I'm always up for some hard science.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Have you ever had that stuff dry on you? *shudders*
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Ewwww. On second thought, not sexy.
    Like a chocolate massage, the okra is licked off afterwards: It's sorta like a mother cat cleans her kittens, you'd be sparkling clean in the end...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Like a chocolate massage, the okra is licked off afterwards: It's sorta like a mother cat cleans her kittens, you'd be sparkling clean in the end...
    I love okra... and was well and thoroughly abused today during my deep tissue and pressure point release session.
    My massage therapist is pregnant...

So I may NEED you!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Wow, Paleobird, that's a great picture of you. It's so hard to follow these journals I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Paleobird Guest
    Oh my................As Saoirse would say, *thoughtful pause*

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I love okra... and was well and thoroughly abused today during my deep tissue and pressure point release session.
    My massage therapist is pregnant...

So I may NEED you!
    Get in line, sista!

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Wow, Paleobird, that's a great picture of you. It's so hard to follow these journals I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier.
    Thanks, sb. I try to keep up with everybody's journals too but it's just not possible. I just sort of random drop in when I can.

Paleobird Guest
    Dinner last night was a use up the leftovers curry made from the lamb shoulder and some random leftover veggies. Not picture worthy but very tasty.

So far in August I have been hitting all my targets for keto macros, calorie limits, exercise. This public accountability (of the Forum Challenge) thing works.

Paleobird Guest
    I had a little tupperware cup of my liver pate for lunch and then dinner was picture worthy, a sockeye salmon filet and veggies, but my camera is on the fritz. Who knows why.

Anyway. I did well on the keto eating side today. I just ate a whole avocado for dessert. Needed some more fat in the balance. The thing I'm realizing about keto is that it is important to not max out on the protein too much as protein can be converted to glucose and knock you out of ketosis. Hmmm. Interesting.

Dialing back on the protein portions is a little hard for me but Dad is helping in that he expressed the idea that I was overfeeding him a bit. He said it all tastes great but we just don't need that much. And he's right. So 8oz of salmon is fine. I don't really need 12. If 12 are one the plate though, I will eat all of it. And I need to hold down the number of carbs so we really don't need mountains of greens and veggies.

I did not do well on the exercise front today however. I spent too much time on the new and improved Iodine Thread. It was a really nice discussion going along and then Grizz had to come back from curezone land and start posting nonsense about iodine curing cancer. That man is barking mad.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There is a grass fed beef heart stewing in the slow cooker with some of my homemade marrow bone broth. Drool inducing smells....