Page 69 of 306 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 69

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gams pic, new avatar & food pics certainly impressive.

(You wouldn't believe how bummed I was after kestral's message on CFA thread,
    had to go out and swim like a shark was chasing me to relieve the depressing thoughts.)

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Thank you. But I don't think of myself as particularly impressive. I see it as survival. A lot of people think I'm a bit fanatical about eating strictly clean, keeping my weight down, etc. but, when you have the possibility of cancer coming back hanging over you, it matters more. Or I should say, you see WHY it matters very clearly.
    I hear you, well said.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Wow, PB, your legs are amazing.

I hear you on the cancer thing. I've never had it (touch wood) but I have a massive family history and likely a genetic predisposition to certain cancers, so I'm rather more uptight about a lot of things than many people I know. I do not want to go through what my mother and so many of my other close relatives did, so I am pretty vigilant.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Gams pic, new avatar & food pics certainly impressive.

(You wouldn't believe how bummed I was after kestral's message on CFA thread,
    had to go out and swim like a shark was chasing me to relieve the depressing thoughts.)
    Thank you and yes, that was awful. kenn is such an ass. I was glad to see the greater proportion of the comments were on the right side of that but there were a few depressingly ignorant ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Wow, PB, your legs are amazing.

I hear you on the cancer thing. I've never had it (touch wood) but I have a massive family history and likely a genetic predisposition to certain cancers, so I'm rather more uptight about a lot of things than many people I know. I do not want to go through what my mother and so many of my other close relatives did, so I am pretty vigilant.
    Thank you. I had absolutely zero family history of it and got it anyway. I just hope that people without a family history of it don't start thinking that they don't have to be vigilant.

Paleobird Guest
    Well, this was a great lamb shoulder roast but it has been picked over by humans and dog and is now being scavenged by the ants.
    My BFF came over and made dinner with me and we were too busy gabbing to take pictures earlier. We had a starter salad that was really pretty and a side order of multicolored string beans.

DSCN0215.jpg

I just made a huge batch of liver pate (3 lbs liver) and froze some of it. I really like the way it makes me feel. Nature's multivitamin. Much tastier than a pill too.

Paleobird Guest
    Day 2 of the August Challenge went well. I did my LHT workout. Yay me! I now have jello arms.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Day 2 of the August Challenge went well. I did my LHT workout. Yay me! I now have jello arms.
    Am about to work out too, with heavy weights & swimming laps afterwards. Got up @ 4:45am this morning, very little sleep last night for some reason, but I feel fine. Did some yoga around 6am. Still IFing. Oh and I'm gaining weight, looks like more muscle is the culprit + consuming loads of good fats & protein...

And yes, I will cook & clean for use of guest room...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    And yes, I will cook & clean for use of guest room...
    Oh, you don't have to clean anything. How about cooking me okra and a massage?

(He's a certified massage therapist to those who don't know.)

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Oh, you don't have to clean anything. How about cooking me okra and a massage?

(He's a certified massage therapist to those who don't know.)
    How about an okra massage, knocking out 2 paleobirds w/ 1 veggie... As the okra has that slick mucilage that can double as an oil...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    How about an okra massage, knocking out 2 paleobirds w/ 1 veggie... As the okra has that slick mucilage that can double as an oil...
    That actually makes okra sound sexy. I have never though of "okra" and "sexy" in the same sentence together.

I need to open a window. It's getting warm in here.