Page 68 of 306 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 68

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Looking awesome, PB! Have fun with your August Challenge.

I'm kind of challenging myself with LHT this month - I had a personal training session yesterday to kick my butt a bit (well, as it turns out, my quads - ouch!), and to check that my form on the weights floor is doing me good and not harm. I really enjoyed it, despite the fact that my trainer is young enough to be my son (ack), and am thinking of booking some more sessions for a few weeks at least, to shake things up a bit and keep me motivated.

Next task: getting back into weekly sprinting! Maybe one day I'll have legs that I can confidently flash around in the BirdCage too.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    You look gorgeous! There are 20 and 30- somethings that would love to have sexy legs like yours. Nice gams, indeed! I just read your success story so also, wow! It sounds so trite but I hope you take it to heart that you are inspiring.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Your new pics are so beautiful.

And you dinner looked pretty tasty too!
    Stuffed zucchinis sound good, it's been a while since I've made them.

I can't wait to get this head thing done so maybe I can be able to MOVE again without my intracranial pressure getting whack and the world going sideways on me!
    Thanks, cori. I hope your noggin feels better soon too. In the mean time, keep posting to distract yourself. Did you see the new iodine thread? t2t is back at it again posting nonsense about "miracle cures" for cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    new pics look great. you are right. being away brings serious productiveness.
    Nice to see you Zoe, now go be productive!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Looking awesome, PB! Have fun with your August Challenge.

I'm kind of challenging myself with LHT this month - I had a personal training session yesterday to kick my butt a bit (well, as it turns out, my quads - ouch!), and to check that my form on the weights floor is doing me good and not harm. I really enjoyed it, despite the fact that my trainer is young enough to be my son (ack), and am thinking of booking some more sessions for a few weeks at least, to shake things up a bit and keep me motivated.

Next task: getting back into weekly sprinting! Maybe one day I'll have legs that I can confidently flash around in the BirdCage too.
    Thanks, Sigi. The August Challenge for me is mostly about the exercise part too. I pretty much have the diet stuff nailed. I don't mean that to sound braggy but I've just been doing this a while. And the sleep, sun, and play stuff all just come naturally.

My legs were "reminding" me on the way downstairs about the sprints I did yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    You look gorgeous! There are 20 and 30- somethings that would love to have sexy legs like yours. Nice gams, indeed! I just read your success story so also, wow! It sounds so trite but I hope you take it to heart that you are inspiring.
    I appreciate it. I'm glad if my story can help someone else.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Whooo weee, that's some pic. Looking GREAT, PB!

Maybe someday I'll willingly have my pic taken, let alone post it.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I peeked in the other day... I just haven't had the gusto to participate yet. Head's not great lately.

I got my gumption up enough to post about a dozen studies in Chaco's thread earlier and he nitpicked one quote I used to summarize a review of 15 articles and ignored the actual studies posted.

His assessment that only protein and CICO matters is a bit left field for me.
    He equated fat = sugar... they are both only fuels and therefor equal.
    And I get all... "Wait, what?!"
    Just doesn't compute.
    Of course... the fact that he recommends that everyone do exactly what he is doing is pretty par for the course.
    I've seen him use that logic too many times.

After that I'm not sure if I'm up for anymore than light quips the remainder of the day. *mush between the ears*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Hey PB you are looking great! Have you ever done the Murph workout?

Just finished my first Murph in 35:23 - whew! Named after Lt. Michael P. Murphy, a member of the Navy SEALs from Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2005. Lieutenant Murphy, who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor, was an avid CrossFitter known to do the workout every Wednesday while wearing body armor. Its composed of a 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups and 300 squats followed by a 1 mile run.

The secret is to break up the workout into segments and try not to go in oxygen debt (stay below your anaerobic threshold). I feel I can take some time out of this first attempt with a bit of practice and conditioning. Give it a try, its a great challenge and a way to measure your fitness.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    Whooo weee, that's some pic. Looking GREAT, PB!
    Maybe someday I'll willingly have my pic taken, let alone post it.
    Thanks, Kerry. I'm sure you will.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I peeked in the other day... I just haven't had the gusto to participate yet. Head's not great lately.

I got my gumption up enough to post about a dozen studies in Chaco's thread earlier and he nitpicked one quote I used to summarize a review of 15 articles and ignored the actual studies posted.

His assessment that only protein and CICO matters is a bit left field for me.
    He equated fat = sugar... they are both only fuels and therefor equal.
    And I get all... "Wait, what?!"
    Just doesn't compute.
    Of course... the fact that he recommends that everyone do exactly what he is doing is pretty par for the course.
    I've seen him use that logic too many times.

After that I'm not sure if I'm up for anymore than light quips the remainder of the day. *mush between the ears*
    Choco is a sweet kid but he takes everything to the extreme. Sometimes I think he argues a point with such vehemence just to see how much shit he can stir up. While I agree with his basic premise that calories do count, I find it ironic that when I was doing whole calorie counting threads a while back, he was one of the most vocal dissenters saying that calories were irrelevant and that I only needed to eat massive quantities of sweet potatoes and all my extra weight would just fall off.

His thinking hasn't finished evolving yet. Or, to put it another way, he has some growing up to do.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Hey PB you are looking great! Have you ever done the Murph workout?

Just finished my first Murph in 35:23 - whew! Named after Lt. Michael P. Murphy, a member of the Navy SEALs from Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2005. Lieutenant Murphy, who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor, was an avid CrossFitter known to do the workout every Wednesday while wearing body armor. Its composed of a 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups and 300 squats followed by a 1 mile run.

The secret is to break up the workout into segments and try not to go in oxygen debt (stay below your anaerobic threshold). I feel I can take some time out of this first attempt with a bit of practice and conditioning. Give it a try, its a great challenge and a way to measure your fitness.
    You are looking pretty hot yourself. Us "old geezers" gotta stick together right?
    That sounds like one hell of a workout. I could do the running and squats parts but I can do a grand total of 1 push up and 0 pull ups. Those are my weakest areas due to breast cancer surgery scar tissue, rearranged muscles , etc. But I am working on those areas using the LHT exercises. Speaking of which, unglue rear from chair and go do them, self.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You are looking pretty hot yourself. Us "old geezers" gotta stick together right?
    That sounds like one hell of a workout. I could do the running and squats parts but I can do a grand total of 1 push up and 0 pull ups. Those are my weakest areas due to breast cancer surgery scar tissue, rearranged muscles , etc. But I am working on those areas using the LHT exercises. Speaking of which, unglue rear from chair and go do them, self.
    You're a real inspiration! Being new I didn't realize your past challenges, now I'm even more impressed.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    You're a real inspiration! Being new I didn't realize your past challenges, now I'm even more impressed.
    Thank you. But I don't think of myself as particularly impressive. I see it as survival. A lot of people think I'm a bit fanatical about eating strictly clean, keeping my weight down, etc. but, when you have the possibility of cancer coming back hanging over you, it matters more. Or I should say, you see WHY it matters very clearly.