Page 62 of 306 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 62

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Funny thing about BP coffee. I tried it (not with his redonculously over-priced beans, just with my own, thanks). It was okay. It wasn't crazy good. It tasted about the same as heavy cream in my coffee, maybe a little less sweet, but it was nothing earth-shattering. I did not wake up any pounds heavier or lighter. And I had to dirty my blender to make it. So I stopped making it.

From reading the thread, I was expecting THE TASTIEST THING EVER. What I got was coffee that tasted like coffee with heavy cream, but all fancied up because I made it in my blender, I guess. No magic, no ah-mazing transformation in the flavor profile. Just coffee with calories.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    Thank you! Well, I'm not badass or cool enough to buy into it. I might try it out for taste and experimentation purposes. I'll stick to my Green Mountain Coffee.
    Yeah, the whole BP diet is a bit heavy on the hype and light on the science for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Funny thing about BP coffee. I tried it (not with his redonculously over-priced beans, just with my own, thanks). It was okay. It wasn't crazy good. It tasted about the same as heavy cream in my coffee, maybe a little less sweet, but it was nothing earth-shattering. I did not wake up any pounds heavier or lighter. And I had to dirty my blender to make it. So I stopped making it.

From reading the thread, I was expecting THE TASTIEST THING EVER. What I got was coffee that tasted like coffee with heavy cream, but all fancied up because I made it in my blender, I guess. No magic, no ah-mazing transformation in the flavor profile. Just coffee with calories.
    You mean it didn't magically transform your whole existence?????? But Steph, you're doing it wrong. You have to buy the redonculously overpriced beans in order to get the existential experience. It's the whooooshing sound of all that money leaving your debit account that makes it magical.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-26-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Tonight at the Birdnest Safari Park Cafe, we have the antelope burger special. Ground antelope cooked in a chile infused butter with a side order of free form caesar salad with bell peppers, feta, olives,cherry tomatoes, and avocado. Caesar dressing is homemade mayo plus a little jar of anchovies and some balsamic vinegar. The chile butter is one of three I found at my favorite middle eastern grocery store. Also got a rosemary butter and a basil butter. All are really wonderful. There is something about being IN the fat like that that brings out the full flavor potential of the seasonings.

And some simple blueberries for dessert. Just right.

DSCN0197.jpgDSCN0199.jpg

cmlloyd Guest
    Your "simple" blueberries look delish!
    So how was the antelope?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cmlloyd View Post
    Your "simple" blueberries look delish!
    So how was the antelope?
    Antelope tastes much like venison. Some people don't like gamey but I love it.

Speaking of gamey. Tonight at the Marakesh Birdnest, we have Moroccan goat as the special. Lovingly rubbed down with secret spices, surrounded with garlic and onions, and bathed in a good Malbec wine then stewed in the slow cooker for ten hours. Oh, falling off the bone delight. A side order of cauliflower and broccoli with a moroccan spiced mayo sauce drizzled over. I am so stuffed.

And I have a very happy Wolf Cub gnawing on the bones.

DSCN0201.jpg

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Miles better. The konjac ones have squishier texture and don't soak up the flavors around them as well.
    I was thinking of doing a blow by blow comparison of the konjac vs kelp noodles. But maybe you could do it sooner than I could/would.... But from what I've read up on konjac recently, the health benefits of 100% soluble fibre, highest quality supposedly in that category, + the 0 calories & 0 carbs, do make an initially compelling argument for the konjac.
    Benefits and Nutritional Information about Konjac
    Medical and Clinical information on Konjac

Am thinking of doing a real taste & nutrition test of them both & of course posting my findings here on MDA, soon. Unless you beat me to it that is...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Antelope tastes much like venison. Some people don't like gamey but I love it.

Speaking of gamey. Tonight at the Marakesh Birdnest, we have Moroccan goat as the special. Lovingly rubbed down with secret spices, surrounded with garlic and onions, and bathed in a good Malbec wine then stewed in the slow cooker for ten hours. Oh, falling off the bone delight. A side order of cauliflower and broccoli with a moroccan spiced mayo sauce drizzled over. I am so stuffed.And I have a very happy Wolf Cub gnawing on the bones.
    DSCN0201.jpg
    Yeah, mutton as the Brits & Indians call it, its such tasty victuals
    We ought to really, seriously do a grand dinner (or 2) when I come back west... Ok? ...drizzled over indeed...

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Not quite. Mutton is sheep: lamb < 1yo < hoggett < 2yo < mutton
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

In India, goat is mutton. In the rare areas they also have breeds of sheep, in the North, they call sheep/lamb meat mutton too... So yes, I guess in your area, there is a differentiation.

Paleobird Guest
    I was thinking of doing a blow by blow comparison of the konjac vs kelp noodles. But maybe you could do it sooner than I could/would.... But from what I've read up on konjac recently, the health benefits of 100% soluble fibre, highest quality supposedly in that category, + the 0 calories & 0 carbs, do make an initially compelling argument for the konjac.
    Benefits and Nutritional Information about Konjac
    Medical and Clinical information on Konjac

Am thinking of doing a real taste & nutrition test of them both & of course posting my findings here on MDA, soon. Unless you beat me to it that is...
    I find all that fiber in the konjac ones to have a rather unpleasant "plugging up" effect on the digestive system. You go ahead and do the write up. Having tried both, I know I like the kelp ones better.

We ought to really, seriously do a grand dinner (or 2) when I come back west... Ok? ...drizzled over indeed...
    Sounds delightful. Let me know when.

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Not quite. Mutton is sheep: lamb < 1yo < hoggett < 2yo < mutton
    Peril beat me to it. There is a man who knows his meat.