Page 60 of 306 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 60

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, but it's awesome to have denser bones. Woohoo for bone density!

Cancer treatment is quite the wreck, but if you can get through it, it's amazing how well the body repairs itself.

Paleobird Guest
    Definitely not recommending osteopenia as a weigh loss technique. But it would be interesting to know how much more my bones weigh at full density. I wonder how much difference it makes. Just me geeking out.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure there's a formula out there to determine it based on "general bone size."

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back! I've enjoyed your posts/journal. I think maintaining any major lifestyle change is just as hard as starting one, maybe harder. When you're first into a new diet or lifestyle, there's all this "convert's zeal" to help you along. After months or years, that can wear off and one is just mortal again.

I find that with anything, eliminating 1 or two vices at a time is more successful than everything all together. I generally have a bit of dark chocolate every day. I've given up a lot of other things but, for now, my little piece is blissfully indulgent and makes me feel human.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    Welcome back! I've enjoyed your posts/journal. I think maintaining any major lifestyle change is just as hard as starting one, maybe harder. When you're first into a new diet or lifestyle, there's all this "convert's zeal" to help you along. After months or years, that can wear off and one is just mortal again.

I find that with anything, eliminating 1 or two vices at a time is more successful than everything all together. I generally have a bit of dark chocolate every day. I've given up a lot of other things but, for now, my little piece is blissfully indulgent and makes me feel human.
    Thank you. Yes, I'm definitely into the maintenance phase weight wise but I haven't stopped having fun with all the yummy foods I get to eat and I don't feel constrained at all by the list of things I can's eat. They have totally lost their appeal, even pizza.

I think I may have gotten rid of one of my two vices using the other. Saturday night i went to my monthly Game Night party and , as always there was way too much food and booze involved. Booze, even if it's just a few glassed of dry red wine, seems to mess up my whole system for at least 24 hours. So there I am Sunday night having cravings like mad for chocolate and I don't usually "do" cravings. But I scarfed down a whole bar of 100% bakers chocolate. That night I couldn't get to sleep and my stomach was doing backflips. Yesterday at the grocery store I walked right by the chocolate and was not even tempted. I don't have any more in the house and don't plan to buy any. I'm not saying I'll never have another bite of chocolate again but I think that one last binge got me so grossed out on it that it is off the grocery list as a staple permanently.

Booze is being limited to that once a month gathering.

Paleobird Guest
    Dinner tonight was a massive spinach salad with a tomato, onion, garlic bruchetta on top plus a big piece of the yummiest salmon. You will have to take my word for it that it was pretty as well as tasty because my camera needed a recharge and I was too hungry to wait.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    We got garden tomatoes coming out of our ears. 3 different kinds, all yummy. My lunch was a big portion of salmon, avo & broc. Dinner was chicken salad on top of a mixed green salad. Side of stewed okra & tomatoes. Yummy leek/cauliflower puree soup made w/ coconut milk coz I was out of cream. I overate, coz I had 2nds of the soup which was more of a thick chowder.

Paleobird Guest
    Nothing like a good home grown tomato. Once you've had one, those watery squishy things they call tomatoes at the store will never taste the same again.

I'm not a big okra fan but I sure that if anyone could make it taste good it would be southern chef such as yourself.

That soup sounds wonderful. I made some bone broth and mixed it with coconut cream and have been using it as a soup and cream sauce base. Very rich and creamy.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, vine ripened tomatoes are the stuff (not artificially made red by overexposure to carbon dioxide like store bought ones).

Have you played Monopoly Deal? We played that with another family on Sunday and it was quite fun (in a bit of a cutthroat kind of way, the same way the vastly inferior regular monopoly is).

And I just don't understand taking chocolate off your shopping list permanently. Couldn't you do something more reasonable, like competitive MMA?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Yeah, vine ripened tomatoes are the stuff (not artificially made red by overexposure to carbon dioxide like store bought ones).

Have you played Monopoly Deal? We played that with another family on Sunday and it was quite fun (in a bit of a cutthroat kind of way, the same way the vastly inferior regular monopoly is).

And I just don't understand taking chocolate off your shopping list permanently. Couldn't you do something more reasonable, like competitive MMA?
    No, I've never played Monopoly Deal. That might be a good suggestion for my Game Night. Thanks, Magic.

I'm not depriving myself of chocolate because I like self flagellation. The thought of it really grosses me out after that whole bar of the 100% stuff. I think I am really sensitive to caffeine and that may have been a part of it. But when I ate that, it was the middle of the night and my heart was thumping against my ribs. It was really kind of scary.