Page 6 of 306 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 6

Paleobird Guest
    Mine WAS 27" when I was at 145. That's when I took the monokini pics in the Before/After thread.

Today after my Brazilian pig out last night which included too much wine and a piece of chocolate ganache, I weighed in at 163 and my waist is 31"

NOT. ACCEPTABLE.

OK. Back on the calorie counting wagon. No booze, chocolate, cheese, nuts for the duration. I know that a few pounds of that are just inflammation. It's going to be fun watching those "melt off like magic".

I also think I may be overdoing the salt.

Also contemplating trying one of the Atkins style "fat fasts". Has anybody ever done one of those?

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    how is that different than strict ketogenic?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    LOL. Mine's not 27 either...yet.
    I can get to 27.5 if I suck in my tummy really, really, really, really, really, REALLY hard and hold my breath.

I suspect this is not entirely sustainable ...
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    you different kind canio. different kind.

probably about 5-6 lbs of water weight from the salt from your meal. So, probably calibrate it to 155, and you're looking at 10 lbs to loose.

I don't know anything about atkins fat fasts and stuff. but, you know what works, you just gotta do that.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Mine WAS 27" when I was at 145. That's when I took the monokini pics in the Before/After thread.

Today after my Brazilian pig out last night which included too much wine and a piece of chocolate ganache, I weighed in at 163 and my waist is 31"

NOT. ACCEPTABLE.

OK. Back on the calorie counting wagon. No booze, chocolate, cheese, nuts for the duration. I know that a few pounds of that are just inflammation. It's going to be fun watching those "melt off like magic".

I also think I may be overdoing the salt.

Also contemplating trying one of the Atkins style "fat fasts". Has anybody ever done one of those?
    I have not but I can get through a long regular fast (like a 20 hour one) if I have coffee with heavy cream or butter (when the cream's out).

Planks don't give me a 27" waist. So far nothing does.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    how is that different than strict ketogenic?
    It's like keto on steroids. It's 1000 cal/day at 90% fat. It can be useful when people are having trouble getting into or staying in ketosis.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    I can get to 27.5 if I suck in my tummy really, really, really, really, really, REALLY hard and hold my breath.

I suspect this is not entirely sustainable ...
    Yep, really sucking it in plus holding the tape tight enough to leave welts and I can get to 27. Not sustainable.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I have not but I can get through a long regular fast (like a 20 hour one) if I have coffee with heavy cream or butter (when the cream's out).

Planks don't give me a 27" waist. So far nothing does.
    The Atkins fat fast protocol is five servings a day of basically fat for several days. I could probably do it without feeling too hungry but I'm not sure if it is really healthy. Fat really does turn off the hunger alarm.

Paleobird Guest
    Well, I think my relationship with my father is entering another phase. Today he really admitted that he has been eating junk out of laziness and that he really would appreciate me giving him some structure to his meals. We came to the understanding that I will cook and he will buy the groceries. We went grocery shopping today and I showed him all the Primal lessons about reading labels for hidden sugars and outrageous salt content and other garbage.

I made him a small fillet of beef and eggs for breakfast and we just had some lovely ahi steaks and a BAS for dinner. He is starting to get the concepts now. He has ignored his pre-diabetic diagnosis for years thinking that only fat people get diabetes. But now the shooting pains of peripheral neuropathy in his feet are making him pull his head out of the sand.

I always knew there would come a time when Dad needed another level of care, so this doesn't bother me. And we agreed that dinners together don't have to be every night. Like tomorrow, I am going to my BFF's house so I will leave Dad supplied with a meatloaf that he can reheat whenever.

He just has been eating microwavable junk like rolled taquitos because they are easy but he appreciates good food when it is set in front of him. I don't think he's been getting nearly enough protein in his diet and also just not eating enough food overall. He's been snacking enough to keep hunger at bay (things like crackers) but not eating real meals.

The way I cook is not that different from how my Mom cooked all those years, just minus the rice and potatoes on the side. We always had good protein and lots of veggies and salads and only had something like cheesecake on a rare special occasion. There was never stuff like cake, candy, or cookies kept in the house. And Mom always cooked with butter a la Julia Childs. So, my Primal meals don't seem strange to Dad and it's definitely better than eating crackers for dinner.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think that's great. The nice thing is that you live close enough to him that you can drop things off for him on days that you're not going to dine together, and you might consider doing a cooking day and taking him things that he can reheat when he wants (freezer or fridge meals).

Page 6 of 306 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast