Page 57 of 306 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 57

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Hi PB. This is my first post on your journal. I have spent the last few days reading both your old and current journals and both calorie counting ones as well. You have overcome some huge health issues and you have my utmost admiration. Long may your good health continue.

I replied to your post on the gals over 50 thread as well.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Paleobird Guest
    [QUOTE=zoebird;907620]
    DH and I then have a date -- we're going to see batman. We're going to the 3:30 show, and then dinner afterwards. I think the show ends at nearly 6:30, so it's likely that DS will be asleep when we get back, which means grown up time. yay.
    [QUOTE]
    Date nights and grown-up time are good for a relationship. And fun.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kahiba View Post
    Hi PB. This is my first post on your journal. I have spent the last few days reading both your old and current journals and both calorie counting ones as well. You have overcome some huge health issues and you have my utmost admiration. Long may your good health continue.

I replied to your post on the gals over 50 thread as well.
    Welcome to the Birdnest.
    Thank you. Wow. That is a lot of reading. If there are any questions I could answer, let me know.
    I love that gals over 50 thread, away from all the petty stuff that sometimes goes on on the forum.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sorry, Sigi. It's all gone. The dog got the leftovers. You gotta get here faster next time.

Some people get the idea that Primal is all about the big hunks of bloody red meat all the time. I feel like I am descended from coastal Groks that thrived on seafood and shellfish too. Sure, meat is good but it's not the only protein around.
    Interesting you should mention that. I have several Paleo leaning friends who have given up meat and poultry and gone strictly with fish. They follow all the other Paleo trends - no gluten, legumes, trans-fats, sugar and very little dairy - but simply decided they couldn't be a party to killing the animals for food. By the way I love your "Next Big Adventure Thread" especially the food photos - yum!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Interesting you should mention that. I have several Paleo leaning friends who have given up meat and poultry and gone strictly with fish. They follow all the other Paleo trends - no gluten, legumes, trans-fats, sugar and very little dairy - but simply decided they couldn't be a party to killing the animals for food. By the way I love your "Next Big Adventure Thread" especially the food photos - yum!
    Hi canuck, welcome to the Birdnest. I've been enjoying your posts (especially the shirtless pics ) and you have been making some great progress.

My motivations for eating a lot of seafood don't have to do with having any problem about being at the top of the food chain. I just love seafood and feel good when I eat it. I sometimes feel rather heavy when I eat a big hunk o' cow.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Hey paleobird, still had to congratulate you on your success story on the homepage how did people find out it was you though?
    Billie trips balls

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Hey paleobird, still had to congratulate you on your success story on the homepage how did people find out it was you though?
    Thank you, Gadsie. I wasn't really making a secret of it. Kind of announced it here and on the She Groks Only thread.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I find that I have to eat less beef when I eat beef.

Ok, that makes no sense. Hold on, let me see if I can get my head around it (my head is still full of Batman).

I find that when I eat chicken or fish, I can eat quite a lot and feel satisfied and light and happy. But I can only eat 1/3 of the amount of beef in a sitting to feel ok. And even less pork.

So, like, if i eat 10 oz chicken (say), then I can really only manage 5 oz of beef at a sitting, and honestly, only about 2.5 oz of pork. In fact, I basically just gave up pork altogether. Much nicer.

I'm not a huge fan of seafood, but I'm liking eating more fish. I could do ok on fish, eggs, and veg and fruit for sure.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I find that I have to eat less beef when I eat beef.

Ok, that makes no sense. Hold on, let me see if I can get my head around it (my head is still full of Batman).

I find that when I eat chicken or fish, I can eat quite a lot and feel satisfied and light and happy. But I can only eat 1/3 of the amount of beef in a sitting to feel ok. And even less pork.

So, like, if i eat 10 oz chicken (say), then I can really only manage 5 oz of beef at a sitting, and honestly, only about 2.5 oz of pork. In fact, I basically just gave up pork altogether. Much nicer.

I'm not a huge fan of seafood, but I'm liking eating more fish. I could do ok on fish, eggs, and veg and fruit for sure.
    I'm pretty much off of pork entirely except when I can find wild boar meat. For some reason, chicken is just not appealing these days either. So, that leaves me with red meat or seafood. If I had to give up one it would be the red meat. It's nice to have some variety so I try to change it up from day to day. If I eat big chunks of red meat several days in a row, I seem to feel sluggish.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm pretty much off of pork entirely except when I can find wild boar meat. For some reason, chicken is just not appealing these days either. So, that leaves me with red meat or seafood. If I had to give up one it would be the red meat. It's nice to have some variety so I try to change it up from day to day. If I eat big chunks of red meat several days in a row, I seem to feel sluggish.
    If Mr. Onalark didn't love chicken so much, I'd happily abandon it. Occasionally roast chicken does hit the spot, but mostly I look at it and think, "I could be eating steak."

Pork's another matter. Bacon and sausage I eat about once a week. And I am fond of a properly seared pork loin (not pork tenderloin, though -- that's about as boring as chicken).

But yeah when I crave meat, it's usually red or seafood. If the menu says chicken, pork, lamb, steak, or shrimp, I know which options I'm automatically knocking off the list.