Page 56 of 306 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 56

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your po' doggie! Someone ought to make vibrams for dogs on the go... City walking is fraught w/ more danger than nature walking from the ankle down, though I have cut my bare feet in deep grass a few times. Glass in the kitchen, great, outdoors, trouble.

How was your time w/ BFF/2ndMom ? I know that lamb was tasty just from its photo.

Paleobird Guest
    The lamb was awesome. She makes little cuts in it and inserts slivers of garlic cloves all over and then roasts it with rosemary sprigs all around so that the flavors infuse in. Yummmmm.

Tonight dinner was a little more prosaic. That's round steak cooked in some of my homemade bone broth and coconut milk and a simple mix of steamed veggies alongside. Tapioca pudding made with coconut cream and a dash of nutmeg on top. Nothing fancy. Just good eats.
    Attached Images Attached Images

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    They do make booties for dogs with thin soles on them -- i remember collecting them after Sept 11 to send to NY to help the working dogs on the site.

Sorry that the puppers got a cut, though. That is *no fun*.

We had some nice walking today and good news on the car. Looks like the coolant flush did the job, and if it didn't, then the radiator will need to be cleaned (replaced at most, likely cleaned). Nice thing is, it only cost us $100 for today (and $100 last week) for the parts/repairs, and I love how conservative they are about doing things. It's like "if it's still happening, then come back and we'll check X." Whereas, in the states, it's like 'we took your engine apart. it will cost $3,000 for us to put it back together. Here are some lolcats to amuse you while we do this."

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I love my "down under buddies who leave messages in what is, for me, the middle of the night. Gives me something to read in the morning.

Hi, Peril. How you been?
    Well. Freaking everyone around me out by wandering around in short sleeves. Keeping fairly quiet here though. Feeling like one of those old hands who complains that things aren't as they were. Need to reinvigorate my relationship with the forum or just drift off. Think I'll make a good curmudgeon
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ok... nerd moment.
    I will never again hear/read the word adipose without thinking of this...
    Yup ... ditto
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That was TOO funny, Cori.

Quelsen, did the extra inch stay gone once you warmed up again?
    no no, i miscommunicated, this is what happened 6 weeks after the hour long 32f bath. the zeltiq people say it takes up to 4 months for the adipose tissue to leave.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Paleobird Guest
    My "reply with quote" function doesn't seem to be working today. (?)

Thanks for the expressions of concern for the Wolf Cub. He is getting around today but not taking any more steps than he needs to. I know they do have little doggie booties but I always thought those were for silly little purse pooch kind of dogs. I have a "real" dog. He climbs mountains with me and doesn't need booties. But it seems that city walking is more dangerous than trail hiking for the paws.

Hi Peril, What is freaking people out about you in short sleeves. Oh, yeah, that right, it's winter where you are. I have found I have become much more tolerant of extremes of temperature both directions since going Primal.
    And you are far too adorable to be a curmudgeon.

Thinking back on yesterday, we also went through a couple of construction zones, a big area where they are in the process of taking the electrical wires off of poles and putting them underground and a big public park improvement project down by the harbor. We walked across several stretches of fresh asphalt and some of that "cold patch" temporary asphalt stuff they use when they are coming back the next day. All of that in the very hot July-in-Socal sun could also start to stick to the underside of doggie paws.

Hi Peril. Why is seeing you i short sleeves freaking people out? Oh, yeah, that right, it's wintertime where you are. (I though it was because your biceps were bulging impressively.) I have found I am much more tolerant of temperature extremes, both ways, since going Primal.
    And you are fat too adorable to ever be a curmudgeon. Just wouldn't work.

Paleobird Guest
    Also the edit function seems to be not working today. (Is this just me?) Sorry for the double paragraph above.

So, Honey Badger, these are die-offs that happen six weeks after your ice baths? Hmmm. A charley horse is just a really bad muscle cramp. The muscle tightening up like that could cause everything to contract in. (e.g. if I flex my calf it is an inch smaller than when relaxed) Did you measure while the cramping was going on?

Paleobird Guest
    The first course this evening is a cucumber salad (generous neighbors again). Thinly sliced cucumbers tossed with a jar of mixed olive tapenade and some sun dried tomatoes with a sprinkly of feta on top.

The second course is leftover stew made a whole lot yummier by the bone broth and coconut cream base the basic meat and veggies are swimming in.

Then there is peach/banana Fro-Co-Yo. I just invented this. Its a vitamix blend of fruit plus cultured coconut milk. Very tasty. The peaches are also courtesy of my wonderful neighbors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    looks good.

yesterday was a crazy-busy day. Got up and tidied the house. Then went to work from 1-5 wherein we started working together to sequence classes. We got one of three sequenced. That's normal, btw. I totally only expected to get one sequenced. Today we're doing the second one, and then two of us are meeting another time to do the third.

After that, I went straight to derby to NSO (non-skating official). It was an *awesome* bout. I can't even describe how great it was, it was that great. Close bout the whole game (usually within 12 points of each other), and the "underdogs" won the bout! I was so psyched. It was a blast.

I tried to go to the after party, but man, I suck at after parties. I'm not really good friends with anyone. I like them all a lot, and it's fun to talk, but I just feel socially awkward. I was also tired and knew that I would be getting up this AM to do more house-tidying and then working again this afternoon.

DH and I then have a date -- we're going to see batman. We're going to the 3:30 show, and then dinner afterwards. I think the show ends at nearly 6:30, so it's likely that DS will be asleep when we get back, which means grown up time. yay.

I think i might splurge and go for the mexican instead of the thai. We'll see how I feel when we get to it.

All in all, life is good.