Page 54 of 306 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 54

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I tell you, artisanal sausages are the best. totally GF/free of fillers. Nice stuff. Had those for dinner with some mustard and brussels sprouts (sautéed, then mustard and honey as I said before). Such a *nice* and simple dinner. Finished up with kiwifruit.

I can't tell you how awesomely good business is going. I wanted a business mentor for franchising, and within two days of saying so out loud, one shows up. She's sold two franchises on to franchise firms (firms that hold a bunch of franchises and sell them actively -- not just individual brokers and you hold the franchise) to the tune of 1.4M and 3.2M. And, she sold an advertising agency that she built for several mil as well. I'd say she's looking at the sorts of numbers that I'm interested in.

And cool thing? It's free. She does business mentoring as a business, but she's been working on a book and needed some case studies. She went to our brand designer (a friend of hers) to show how the branding works and such, and he suggested that she use our brand (he likes our story and our brand is good). So, she wrote a chapter about us and our brand (and how to brand), and in exchange, she's giving me a *full year* of free mentoring to get this business up-to-snuff for franchising.

I am *so* excited. Our first chat is today, and then there's a retreat for all of the participants in the program (an invitation only program) to kick it off at the end of August. Then it's 12 months from there. *I am filled with glee!* Practically giddy! Most of the people whom she mentors seek exit strategies (look to sell), but she says that it's not an issue to hold onto a franchise for life -- if that's what I want. After all, if it's a good franchise, then it will continue that long, and if my son wants to sell it when I'm dead, it will have even more value.

Aside from that, the kid's yoga program is coming along, as is all of the stuff for the studio in general. The teacher training (which I'm currently giving for free to teachers who work here) and supervision is making massive head-way, and the teachers seem to be quite motivated and invigorated by the process.

Next week, I should have the basics of the business website linked.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Paleobird!

This speaks to nothing, but Grizz is now diagnosing Morgellans on a new thread. Without disparaging people who are suffering and are searching for answers... Irresponsible wingnut it is.

Paleobird Guest
    Those sausages sound yummy, Zoe. And I'm so glad things are coming together for you so well in business matters.

Oh, Crabbcakes, now it's Morgellans? Grizz does go through phases. In just the time I have been here I have seen his Vitamin C and D phases with a detour though idolizing the Wheat Belly guy. My rolleyes icon gets tired if I read too much of it.

Paleobird Guest
    DSCN0181.jpg

Dinner tonight was lamb chops in a Mexican salsa with yet MORE neighborly zucchini roasted in the oven with a dash of cajun seasoning.

The Wolf Cub likes it when dinner involves bones.

Speaking of which I am making the most awesome cauldron of bone broth in the slow cooker.

yummy!

We are heaving steak and salad and berries and coconut cream.

My meetings today were *awesome*, and now onto tomorrow wherein I have several more meetings.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    yummy!

We are heaving steak and salad and berries and coconut cream.

My meetings today were *awesome*, and now onto tomorrow wherein I have several more meetings.
    I see the kiwi accent is coming along nicely
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

LOL typos equal accents. I had a kid jumping on me when typing. He's nearly asleep now (thank goodness, since it's 9:00).

Paleobird Guest
    I love my "down under buddies who leave messages in what is, for me, the middle of the night. Gives me something to read in the morning.

Hi, Peril. How you been?

Yeah, it's totally funny those time zones.

meeting yesterday was about the coolest internet program for webinars/video meetings called FaceMe. really great stuff, and strangely affordable. I'm looking into getting it for my business coaching side of things, but I can also do online teaching for yoga and stuff because of how the whole thing functions. I'm psyched about that.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I love my "down under buddies who leave messages in what is, for me, the middle of the night. Gives me something to read in the morning.
    We aim to please.

I've been skipping breakfast this week as a n=1 trial, and your journal has been difficult for me at 4pm (as the hunger starts to make itself known). But today I am stuffed on bacon/liver/egg/onions and am immune to your temptations! (it looks nice, I'm juts really full)

Keep fighting the good fight in the Iodine thread. Whenever people try to shout down a dissenting opinion it always reminds me of this article.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right