Page 53 of 306 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 53

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Hell, the meat & fish are both expensive here, but wotcha gonna do? On a 14 day ketosis last summer, I grew back some my hair & my penis grew 2 inches. Both were, unfortunately, temporary gains. Oh well...
    But seriously, I like to do a week of fasting + dietary ketosis about twice a year, just to mix things up metabolically & get a bit leaner (since I don't calorie count or watch my (big) portions). Maybe it's sort of like reenacting a week or so of unsuccessful hunting ...

Mmmm, boar meatballs in gravy. Am sharpening my spear....
    Yeah, you need to move back to California.

After I finish off the last of my cancer meds next spring and clear that out of my system, I am going to try for a sustained serious push into ketosis and see if I can back off of the dosage of the medication I take for epilepsy. Ketosis has been used as a treatment for epilepsy for a hundred years but was mothballed when pharmaceutical alternatives were invented. All of those pills come with side effects and long term build up effects in the body.

My mighty boar hunter. If you get any hotter, my keyboard is going to melt.

Paleobird Guest
    A footnote to the old saying, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" could be, "When your neighbors give you too many cucumbers, make Greek salad."

This salad is cucumbers, red onion, olives, cherry tomatoes, and a jar of sundried tomatoes the tomato-y infused oil from which became the dressing with a bit of balsamic and garlic powder.

In the middle is a wild caught swordfish steak. The weird looking sauce on it is something that also came out of my neighbor's garden in the form of green and yellow hot peppers. I put them in the vitamix with some coconut to cool them down and made an interesting sauce. I have no idea what to call it. (And a little dash of paprika on top just for color.)

DSCN0180.jpg

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I see you've "been reported" for being a TROLL.
    That whole nonsense thread is just getting way too out of control...
    His latest conspiracy post. Antibiotic use causes cancer.
    Basically he is reporting every person who questions his information, or provides conflicting information.
    It's completely nuts.
    If anyone needs to be booted it's him.

Oh, and your dinner looks DELISH!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That whole nonsense thread is just getting way too out of control...
    His latest conspiracy post. Antibiotic use causes cancer.
    Basically he is reporting every person who questions his information, or provides conflicting information.
    It's completely nuts.
    If anyone needs to be booted it's him.

Oh, and your dinner looks DELISH!
    Thanks, cori. Yeah, I'm shakin' in my shoes with fear that I am going to be kicked off the boards.

Even his acolytes are starting to say, "wait a minute, dude", about all the nutty conspiracy theories. It makes everything else he says look suspect too. Of course some of us already knew that painting your testicles with iodine was kinda bonkers but it's nice to see some others waking up as well.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    How can you tell if you have been reported? (Internet noob...)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    How can you tell if you have been reported? (Internet noob...)
    Grizz wrote me a note in the iodine thread publicly stating this complete with screaming caps. That guy is seriously off his rocker.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Grizz wrote me a note in the iodine thread publicly stating this complete with screaming caps. That guy is seriously off his rocker.
    Thanks. I thought there was some button or something on the MDA that you could push if you knew where to find it. Screaming caps, huh? From everything I have heard, and the little peek I took a couple of days ago, it sounds like he has a terminal case of "to a hammer, everything looks like a nail".

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. I thought there was some button or something on the MDA that you could push if you knew where to find it. Screaming caps, huh? From everything I have heard, and the little peek I took a couple of days ago, it sounds like he has a terminal case of "to a hammer, everything looks like a nail".
    Ack! Just went to take a look (the curiosity was killing me). Train wreck stuff. BTW, Cori, I seriously <3 you.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My mighty boar hunter. If you get any hotter, my keyboard is going to melt.
    Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Ack! Just went to take a look (the curiosity was killing me). Train wreck stuff. BTW, Cori, I seriously <3 you.
    Thanks... I think.
    This is what happens when a lady with some logic is shut in for MONTHS and gets bored.
    She occasionally resorts to poking people with a logic stick. And maybe just a tad of snark.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think it's a terminal case of to an ill informed wingnut, everything looks like a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    I<3 cori too.

Thanks... I think.
    This is what happens when a lady with some logic is shut in for MONTHS and gets bored.
    She occasionally resorts to poking people with a logic stick. And maybe just a tad of snark.
    But you snark so eloquently.