Page 51 of 306 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 51

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    yeah, my hubs finds you hot. he loves women who are older than he is. Always has. When we were first dating, he would always say to me "there is nothing hotter than a hot woman over 50."

He says you just can't beat a sexy woman 'of experience.' He also has a thing for the whole warrior princess motif. That's why i'll "do" I guess, until I'm over 50 and really awesome. LOL

Yeah, I know how that is -- re: your legs. Hawk's legs are like that. Ever since he was born. Like "BAM!" leg muscle. And he's just a baby yet. (Well, a little boy now, huh?) And his deltoids. The boy is just solid muscle. It's all of these primal calories he gets.
    Cougar growls to your DH.

I think I could rock a Xena outfit for Halloween.

Hawk is also quite active as was I as a kid. I learned how to swim about the same time I learned how to walk and my parents would have to drag me out of the ocean, just one more wave, please?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by showupeveryday View Post
    Congatulations Paleobird on your fabulous success & 5 year clear! Your story was amazing to read - thanks for sharing it.
    You're welcome. I hope it can help. I love your user name, BTW. If you do indeed keep showing up every day, you will succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    Hi Paleobird, great to hear your full story. I read your posts often and always find you have a sensible philosophy towards PB and speak from your own experience. I've read snatches of your story, but not the full whammy. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your five year clearence. Gosh, I hope I look like you when I'm 50 Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you. I think I look better at 50 than I did at 40. I think I'll just keep getting younger from here.

Paleobird Guest
    DSCN0177.jpg

Oh, ho hum. Just another average evening here at the Birdnest Seaside Salon. Tonight's special is the wild caught red snapper sauteed in lemon infused avocado oil plus a bit of s&p on a bed of greens with all the yummy touches like avocado and tomato and shredded carrots. The cooking oil from the fish with a little balsamic added became the dressing.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleobird View Post
    DSCN0177.jpg

oh, ho hum. Just another average evening here at the birdnest seaside salon. Tonight's special is the wild caught red snapper sauteed in lemon infused avocado oil plus a bit of s&p on a bed of greens with all the yummy touches like avocado and tomato and shredded carrots. The cooking oil from the fish with a little balsamic added became the dressing.
    waaaaaaant!!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    waaaaaaant!!
    Sorry, Sigi. It's all gone. The dog got the leftovers. You gotta get here faster next time.

Some people get the idea that Primal is all about the big hunks of bloody red meat all the time. I feel like I am descended from coastal Groks that thrived on seafood and shellfish too. Sure, meat is good but it's not the only protein around.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-15-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Your dog eats better than most people.

Fish, it's whats for dinner.

Defrosting salmon now, thought of making a nouveau maki over "riced" cauliflower.

I too feel like my garlic & seafood loving ways, are related to my Mediterranean progenitors.

How's the bird today?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Your dog eats better than most people.

Fish, it's whats for dinner.

Defrosting salmon now, thought of making a nouveau maki over "riced" cauliflower.

I too feel like my garlic & seafood loving ways, are related to my Mediterranean progenitors.

How's the bird today?
    Sounds delicious. You can make maki for me anytime (that sounds naughty, doesn't it?).

I think coastal dwellers would have been very common in Paleolithic times. I mean it's an easy place to get good protein that doesn't try to run away or hurt you like shellfish. When I was a kid there were abalone all over the rocks at San Diego beaches. I've been spear fishing for lobster down in Baja often and that is like picking fruit off a tree, they are everywhere. Also the big cuttlefish come right up into the shallow water at certain phases of the moon. You can just pick them up with your hands. Same with the grunion run. Fried grunion are yummy.

Ah, sweet memories of a misspent youth getting wild and stupid south of the border.

Garlic is just plain yummy no matter where your ancestors come from.

The bird is well today, thank you. How are you?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    we had our almond-dusted gurnard (fish) with steamed broccoli and then dessert of mixed-berries and coconut cream.

And I'm looking up a clam chowder recipe so that I can have some yummy, yummy clams. As opposed to yucky, rubbery, why am i trying to eat this? clams. LOL

Work day today. Saturday was awesome; totally psyched about this weekend coming up (more work, but fun, good work!).

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    we had our almond-dusted gurnard (fish) with steamed broccoli and then dessert of mixed-berries and coconut cream.

And I'm looking up a clam chowder recipe so that I can have some yummy, yummy clams. As opposed to yucky, rubbery, why am i trying to eat this? clams. LOL

Work day today. Saturday was awesome; totally psyched about this weekend coming up (more work, but fun, good work!).
    I don't think I've ever had gurnard. Is that a down under speciality?
    My preference is for the red over the white clam chowders.
    It's wonderful that work and fun go together for you. Many people are not so fortunate to do something they love.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You know that Primal eating diagram showing a drawing of a plate, one half says "plants" and the other "animals" with a blue circle off to the side that says "water" and the caption is, "It's not that hard".

Well this is the rather tasty version of that plate. On the left is the everything-left-in-the-fridge vegetable medley including onions, shrooms, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, all sauteed in some garlic infused avocado oil. On the left are wild boar meat balls. And the water is Pelegrino with lime.

There weren't any leftovers for the dog tonight. He just got to clean out the pans and dishes for me. Good Wolf Cub.

DSCN0179.jpg