Page 50 of 306 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 50

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    DSCN0176.jpg

Whew! This has been a busy day. My story getting published, having my own personal stalker troll. What an exciting day. Back IRL however, there are things like dinner to be prepared.

So tonight at the Birdnest Steakhouse, the special is grassfed New York strip steak with sauteed mushrooms in rosemary butter (found at my local middle eastern market) and steamed brussels sprouts on the side. Nibbling on 100% chocolate with some coffee and coconut cream for dessert (I've been getting into Peet's decaf mocha java lately.)

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    internet stalker trolls are weird and confusing. it's like "really?" anyway. . .

the story is great, and I love the pictures. You look awesome.

today has been such an interesting day. worked from 8:30 to 4:30 doing my community service (which is teacher training for free, supervision for free, and free class for my students. Who says it's not community service? I'll fight ya!). It was great, but I had two eggs and one apple. Luckily, dinner is BAS plus roasted chicken. I'm going to have some dark chocolate today, likely.

I want mushrooms. I'm going to have to go and find mushrooms. I bet that would be great in a quiche with cavolo nero. Hey, wait, I already did that one. I'll do it again and add roasted red peppers then. Super yum.

I like to roast and/or stir fry my brussels sprouts. So delicious with a smidge (like, 1/4 tsp) of honey and mustard. Seriously, YUM. and on a treat day (like "christmas in july") i through some good blue cheese and chopped walnuts through those sprouts as well. So good.

Now I'm seriosuyl hungry. Time to eat some dinner with the kiddo and hubs. Who, btw, is so freaking lean I could gobble him up! He's looking so good. he says the same here. I have visible abs. And here, I'm not even doing anything anymore. I mean, I'm doing what I usually do, which is basically nothing. LOL

well, nothing special anyway.

in further rambling, your legs look *so awesome* in your monokini shot, that I'm like, "I need to do something and get legs like that.

Did a yoga class today,a nd now my legs hurt. Someone else taught. I find I always work harder when someone is teaching. Perhaps I'm trying to show off.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    What a great success story, Paleobird. Fun to see someone I 'know". Congratulations on your five-year-clear. May it be repeated many times more in the future.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Only just caught up on the Friday Success Story (*shakes fist at time zone differences*).

Great to see your inspiring story, Robin - telling it like it is, as always. Kudos, lady!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    internet stalker trolls are weird and confusing. it's like "really?" anyway. . .

I like to roast and/or stir fry my brussels sprouts. So delicious with a smidge (like, 1/4 tsp) of honey and mustard. Seriously, YUM. and on a treat day (like "christmas in july") i through some good blue cheese and chopped walnuts through those sprouts as well. So good.

And here, I'm not even doing anything anymore. I mean, I'm doing what I usually do, which is basically nothing. LOL
    well, nothing special anyway.

in further rambling, your legs look *so awesome* in your monokini shot, that I'm like, "I need to do something and get legs like that.
    Yeah, that dr anna/La Fem person was, as we say here in the southwest, a few tacos short of a combination plate.

Good brussels sprouts ideas.

Thanks for the legs compliment but those have always been the easy part for me. Like how you feel about just getting visible abs without doing anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    What a great success story, Paleobird. Fun to see someone I 'know". Congratulations on your five-year-clear. May it be repeated many times more in the future.
    Thank you, Sabine. I plan on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Only just caught up on the Friday Success Story (*shakes fist at time zone differences*).
    Great to see your inspiring story, Robin - telling it like it is, as always. Kudos, lady!
    Thanks, Sigi.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    OK, as promised to peril and for quelsen and canio and any of the other boys that might be lurking around here.....
    The lucky panties shot : (Hopefully this won't get moderated out.)

Attachment 7762
    A very fine tuches.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    A very fine tuches.
    Thanks, hot stuff.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yeah, my hubs finds you hot. he loves women who are older than he is. Always has. When we were first dating, he would always say to me "there is nothing hotter than a hot woman over 50."

Seriously, he's cougar meat. lol Too bad none were ever really interested in him. He looks *so* boyish, that at 18, they'd probably thought "people would think he was my son" because he looked like he was about 12 then. Seriously, no lie.

Yeah, he has serious crushes on the over 50 set. He saw a recent picture of. . . was it helen murren or jane fonda? I can't remember, but whichever girl it was, he was just like "good god!" and seriously, he doesn't even believe in god. He loves tina turner and sophia loren too.

He says you just can't beat a sexy woman 'of experience.' He also has a thing for the whole warrior princess motif. That's why i'll "do" I guess, until I'm over 50 and really awesome. LOL

I used to tease him that he'd never trade me in for a 'younger model' but until I get over 50, I have to be careful that he doesn't "Upgrade." LOL

Yeah, I know how that is -- re: your legs. Hawk's legs are like that. Ever since he was born. Like "BAM!" leg muscle. And he's just a baby yet. (Well, a little boy now, huh?) And his deltoids. The boy is just solid muscle. It's all of these primal calories he gets.

The school was funny, because they were encouraging us to feed him more grains and less meat/eggs. It's a philosophical thing about how "seeds" or "grains" support certain kinds of life, and meat/eggs have far more 'potency' and thus would cause him to "grow ahead of what is normal at this age." I don't know. it's some whacky steiner stuff.

And I was just like "no thanks. we're happy with him." And they are cool too, it's just, you know "an encouragement" -- not to vegetarianism, but just to have him eat more grains. I explained the whole paleo thing, and they were like "ah, that's cool." because I told them I didn't care about the rice balls or gluten-free buns that they serve, so it's not like he's wholly restricted.

It's just, you know, he eats about 2000-2500 calories of meat, fruit, and veg per day. Plus some dairy. He's 1/3 of the way to michael phelps. It's gonna be hilarious when he's a teen ager. I told DH that he better start selling screenplays and/or we're going o have to teach this kid to hunt and fish so that he can eat. LOL Maybe both.

showupeveryday is offline Junior Member
    Congatulations Paleobird on your fabulous success & 5 year clear! Your story was amazing to read - thanks for sharing it.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Hi Paleobird, great to hear your full story. I read your posts often and always find you have a sensible philosophy towards PB and speak from your own experience. I've read snatches of your story, but not the full whammy. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your five year clearence. Gosh, I hope I look like you when I'm 50 Thanks for sharing.