Page 46 of 306 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 46

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    That's super awesome, robyn. It's so nice when your nipples match and look better. A friend of mine had the same problem with her nipple after her surgery, and had to have it redone as well. It was a really emotional thing for her, too.
    Yeah, it's kind of like every time you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror, the bad tattoo that looks ugly just reminds you of the whole cancer experience all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    I keep meaning to get a tattoo, but I've never found a design I would consider worthy of leaving on my body for a mortician to find.
    I once heard someone say, "Sure go ahead, get a tattoo. I makes it easier for the M. E. to identify your body."
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I've never heard of someone getting a nipple tattoo..as in a tattoo of a nipple! That's pretty cool. Hi, btw, been lurking since you returned.
    I think I would rather go for this kind of thing, if that were my circumstance (sorry for huge):
    You lurker you! That was very pretty. I just want something that I am not even going to notice so my mind doesn't even "go there" on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    But what does our society have against nipples? A few years ago, I was looking through an advertisement insert for lingerie that came with our Playboy magazine. Something seemed off. After a careful perusal, I realized that all the nipples had been airbrushed out! Even the ones UNDER the lingerie, giving a Barbie-effect. This in a magazine where nipples are proudly displayed, but the advertisers can't be that 'provocative'? What the heck?!?

And who can forget the hilarious/pathetic episodes on 'Biggest Loser' when the nipples of some of the men who had 'man-boobs' were grayed out.

Is it because nipples are functional(on the ladies, at least?) And that makes them just too graphic? Or because their visibility hints at arousal, and, oh,no, we just can't bear to see that?
    Well ranted, Sabine. I totally agree. It's silly. And why can we see nipples on hot guys but not Biggest Loser fat guys? They even sell these little stick on things that go on your nipples so they won't show through your clothing. In my case it does look a little weird
    on a cold day because I only have one "headlight".

Paleobird Guest
    it's my 36th birthday.
    Happy Birthday Zoe!

Paleobird Guest
    DSCN0168.jpg

This was the most awesome dinner I've made in a while. From left to right, perfectly ripe avocado with salsa, 1/2 mondo zucchini with stuffing, and a minute steak (also called a cube steak I believe). The stuffing started out as a jar of olive/sundried tomato tapenade to which I added diced mushrooms and some almond meal (don't call the PUFA police) and a topping of pine nuts. That was seriously gooood.

Then this was dessert

DSCN0169.jpg

Coconut cream with frozen raspberries in the VitaMix. Heaven.......I'm in heaven..........

I'm also making a huge batch of zucchini chips in the dehydrator. So I finally caught up with the Zucchini pile. For now.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Paelobird, not really on the topic of your journal, but just wanted to say I think you're dynamite, and I love reading your posts! You have a way with words, and you always make me laugh. Thanks

YB

PS. Dinner looks yum!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Paelobird, not really on the topic of your journal, but just wanted to say I think you're dynamite, and I love reading your posts! You have a way with words, and you always make me laugh. Thanks

YB

PS. Dinner looks yum!
    Why thank you, Yoga Bear. How are your adventures in omnivorousness going?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Why thank you, Yoga Bear. How are your adventures in omnivorousness going?
    Body is struggling to adapt a little big (digestive problems), but overall - God damn. Meat is so good!!! And it's amazing not being so limited when I go out to eat. Just a pity those little pigs are so cute...

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Then this was dessert

DSCN0169.jpg
    That meat slurry looks awesome.

Dessert here was half a cup of warmed up cream with a teaspoon of caramel sauce.

I imagine the recipe was somewhat similar to this:
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. I had a headache pretty much all day long on my birthday, so it was "meh." but I'm happy with it overall.

Today was much better. Felt more natural. Could be because it was my "actual" brithday where I was born in the other hemisphere and stuff.

Business is going really well. I'm psyched.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Body is struggling to adapt a little big (digestive problems), but overall - God damn. Meat is so good!!! And it's amazing not being so limited when I go out to eat. Just a pity those little pigs are so cute...
    It may take you a little while to re-adapt to meat. There are a lot of recovering vegetarians on this forum. You could start a thread and get them all together to share advice. And yes, pigs are cute but pork rinds are cuter.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    That meat slurry looks awesome.
    Dessert here was half a cup of warmed up cream with a teaspoon of caramel sauce.
    I imagine the recipe was somewhat similar to this:
    Thanks. It sounds like a real circus at your place.

Thanks. I had a headache pretty much all day long on my birthday, so it was "meh." but I'm happy with it overall.
    Today was much better. Felt more natural. Could be because it was my "actual" brithday where I was born in the other hemisphere and stuff.

Business is going really well. I'm psyched.
    Well Happy Other Hemisphere Birthday! I'm glad business is good.

fatfran is offline Junior Member
    These all look delicious to me, thanks for taking the time to do this. I've been meaning to get some salmon & now I really really want some, yum!