Page 39 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 39

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love kumquats. I haven't had them since I was a kid, though!

I made the pear quiche again today for another party, except I used apples instead of pears. It was good.

Party was nice. The people who hosted are *the nicest* people on the planet. Seriously, would give you everything they owned if you asked for it. Met two teens: one is in comedy/acting so meeting with DH on Thursday to meet his comedienne friend with whom he's working on a project; the other is meeting with me tomorrow to set up teaching kids yoga for me in her neighborhood and then also to set up a class for her friends at school/dance studio. Really cool kids. Mom is a bit helicopter-y, but she's cool.

I am so stuffed from quiche, fruit salad, regular salad, lots of tea, some orange juice (cut with water), and I had a beautiful piece of cake from the party too. It was really lovely all around. But I can't imagine that I"ll eat until 2 tomorrow at this rate.

School holidays have started, so DS will be in the office with us for Mon/Tues Am. Luckily, it's pretty thin this week, but it will allow us to get work done. Yay! Wednesday he'll be with his girlfriend (a real, quiet day at work), and then on Thursday we head out on our "snow monkey!" holiday. Snow, hot springs, good company (some friends of ours). *So psyched*.

I do need to clean the house before I go.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Click the little quote-mark-with-plus-sign icon to the right of 'reply with quote' on each message you want to multi-quote. When you're ready click the +Reply to Thread icon on the bottom left and they will magically appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Thank you. Now let's see if this works. Testing 1 2 3 Yay! It does.
    W00t!! It does! Thanks Em.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I love kumquats. I haven't had them since I was a kid, though!

I made the pear quiche again today for another party, except I used apples instead of pears. It was good.

Thursday we head out on our "snow monkey!" holiday. Snow, hot springs, good company (some friends of ours). *So psyched*.
    I love kumquats too. I have a friend with a very prolific tree. That quiche sounds wonderful.

Here are some good pictures of you and the family on vacation. Now you won't even need to take a camera. Have fun.

PICTURED: The Japanese snow monkeys who enjoy nothing more than a hot bath | Mail Online

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    W00t!! It does! Thanks Em.
    What would we do without Em?

That's exactly what we are planning. LOL

Friday is the drive/hike/indoor play ground/chill with movies day;

Saturday is hot springs day;

Sunday is snow day;

Monday is open (i'm thinking either 2nd snow day OR farm/petting zoo).

Thursday/Tuesday are the driving days.

Paleobird Guest
    DSCN0150.jpg

Tonight, friends and neighbors, we have here at the Birdnest Roadside Diner some good old fashioned cookin'. Nothin' fancy, just good solid food.

T-bone steaks, steamed carrots and broccoli, strawberries for dessert and a cupa joe (Peet's decaf MocaJava) to drink.

(And a very happy Wolf Cub on the floor cleaning off the bones.)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    That's exactly what we are planning. LOL
    Friday is the drive/hike/indoor play ground/chill with movies day;
    Saturday is hot springs day;
    Sunday is snow day;
    Monday is open (i'm thinking either 2nd snow day OR farm/petting zoo).
    Thursday/Tuesday are the driving days.
    I keep forgetting that it is winter for you folks down under. Everyone up here is griping about how hot it is. That's the only drawback to where I live, no extremes of climate to bitch about. Oh, well.

Have fun. That sound like a great trip.

Yeah, plans got switched around because the bach arrangement got weird, but it's all cool. Thursday is going to be 'hang around and clean and chill out" at home; then friday is drive then visit alpacas (and rag doll kittehs); saturday is snow day, sunday is hot springs, monday is likely going to be snow or springs again, since we'll pet 'pacas before hand; and then home on Tuesday.

Still, all in all awesome.

Yeah, it's flipped around freaky for us, too. It's hard for us to manage holidays (as in celebrations) because everything feels better in it's own season.

Also, business going well. I have an apprentice. A teen-ager interested in learning yoga and business and wanting to teach and stuff. It's seriously a sweet deal. She's trading cleaning/child care for the yoga training. She's just a dream! Thank goodness. We totally need her during the holidays. Today she took a couple of yoga classes, cleaned the studio, took Hawk to the park and then came back and played lego, and then headed off with her friends. It's very awesome.

Ryan is mentoring her brother in writing. He's a comedian/actor -- Ryan's doing some dad-like mentoring (encouraging him to go for his dreams, rather than ageography degree like his mom wants), and then also connecting him to the comedy community that he's connected to, so that he can get a working stand-up as a mentor.

We love helping out teenagers.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I keep forgetting that it is winter for you folks down under. Everyone up here is griping about how hot it is. That's the only drawback to where I live, no extremes of climate to bitch about. Oh, well.
    It is FRIGGIN. FREEZING. down here. Worst winter we've had in years. Cold and windy and drizzly every damn day. I used to like winter - not this year.

On a brighter note, our water storages are fuller than they've been in 15 years, so it's a welcome change from endless drought conditions.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

cmlloyd Guest
    Okay PB I skimmed through most of your journal and I enjoy the fact that you are inclined to spread the word and understanding of how Primal can benefit people.
    And you said something in one of your posts that kind of jolted me...what is peoples fascination with bread? I think the jury is still out on that one lol