Page 38 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 38

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Oh, I so figured out why your food looks better than mine!! It is all in the presentation! Mine is put on a plate. Yours is presented. Mine, no art. Yours, bed of greens, tastefully arranged..........just plain yummy!

I'll have to take notes.
    DSCN0144.jpg

Yep. Little details of presentation can make a big difference. Here we have salmon seared with lemon pepper, steamed asparagus, mashed sweet potatoes. On the left is a champagne glass of blueberries and the Kombucha is in a champagne flute. Makes a really basic meal feel festive.

I just noticed Dad ate some of his blueberries while I was looking for the camera. That glass was full. I guess he was hungry.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    So I would basically be getting a free cruise plus lots of sex with a really great guy. What's not to like?
    What indeed. GO, WOMAN, JUST GO!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Chipotle peppers. You can buy them canned. They are peppers that have been fire roasted. You don't have to use a lot if you are a spice wimp but that smokey pepper taste is what you need.
    Ah, thank you for the suggestion. Lord knows where I'd find them here though.

BTW - how the hell does one use the multi-quote function here? I click it and nothing happens. :-(
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleobird Guest
    Sigi, I have yet to figure out that darn multi quote function either even with 5000 more posts than you. Don't feel bad and if you do figure it out, let me know.

There are a lot of online retailers of spices which may or may not ship to the antipodes. There is one I have used before called Spice Sage, IIRC.

And yes, I may indeed take the Piano Man up on his offer. It wouldn't be until this fall.

Paleobird Guest
    DSCN0145.jpg
    Ce soir, mes amis, we head on down south to the Big Easy with some cajun spiced flounder on a bed of greens (lettuce/kale/chard) plus diced bell peppers, heritage grape tomatoes and the white blobs are mozzarella cheese. Pelegrino with rangpur lime to drink and raspberries for dessert.

Life is good.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Sigi, I have yet to figure out that darn multi quote function either even with 5000 more posts than you. Don't feel bad and if you do figure it out, let me know.
    I just open the quotes in a new window and the copy/paste them into a single window.

It is crazy how the weather affects what veges you want to eat. Here it's pretty cold, and we just threw out a lettuce forgoing rotten in the fridge. It's roast kumara and parsnip season here, not time for wussy salad greens.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    BTW - how the hell does one use the multi-quote function here? I click it and nothing happens. :-(

Click the little quote-mark-with-plus-sign icon to the right of 'reply with quote' on each message you want to multi-quote. When you're ready click the +Reply to Thread icon on the bottom left and they will magically appear.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    The meals are beautiful. Is all the produce organic? (Just wondering)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    It is crazy how the weather affects what veges you want to eat. Here it's pretty cold, and we just threw out a lettuce forgoing rotten in the fridge. It's roast kumara and parsnip season here, not time for wussy salad greens.
    My salad greens can beat up your root veggies any day! Who you callin' wussy?

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Click the little quote-mark-with-plus-sign icon to the right of 'reply with quote' on each message you want to multi-quote. When you're ready click the +Reply to Thread icon on the bottom left and they will magically appear.
    Thank you. Now let's see if this works. Testing 1 2 3 Yay! It does.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    The meals are beautiful. Is all the produce organic? (Just wondering)
    Yep all organic and some even homegrown. We have a community garden on this little dead end street and right now it is producing zucchini like crazy. Must think of new way to cook that or it going to get tiresome.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    DSCN0148.jpg
    Tonight at the Birdnest Rocky Mountain Diner, the special is elk balls. Elk meat balls that is. With a side of zucchini, shrooms, and bell peppers. Kumquats for dessert and rooibos chai on ice to drink. And a big Primal thank you to Wolfgang Puck for making a seriously "all natural" line of tomato sauces in jars. Tasty stuff. Like I would make myself if I wanted to spend all day stirring a pot of sauce instead of being out and about.

Today I went to the farmers market with a friend and spent way too much money but it was lots of fun. It was a beautiful day. We had raw oysters and split a bottle of wine for lunch. Decadence is fun now and then.