Page 35 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 35

en2ec is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Attachment 8161

This was tonight's special at the Birdnest Cafe, Bison ribeye steak, homegrown zucchini stir fried with pepper infused olive oil, arugula caesar salad with homegrown heritage grape tomatoes and mushrooms.

I like cooking and I'm good at it. I'm glad my Mom taught me well.
    That looks amazing. Much better looking than what I've been eating lately!!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Right, that settles it. Paloebird's Next Big Adventure is to run a wildly successful food p0rn blog (new pics and recipes daily!).
    Thanks, Sigi. I would be able to do the pictures but I rarely if ever cook with a recipe. It's just a pinch of this, a dollop of that, and a splash of something else until it tastes right. And it never comes out exactly the same twice. People on food blogs want definite answers and specific quantities.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I also completely managed to work through 85% of my IL crap from two weeks ago. They were super-rude about my friends last weekend (seriously, they can't even manage 45 minutes of skype?), but, like, whatever.

Anyhoot, I bring this up because we might play said board games on some evening with them while here. Because maybe it will make them less annoying. I would rather hide in my own room and chat with ya'll while on holiday.

i'm not doing it because it's his parents and they are stupid jerks and i don't want to get my feelings hurt when they start bitching about the horrible, expensive, nasty-pants holiday i planned. No, DH planned, it so blame him for it being horrible, expensive and nasty-pants).
    But Zoe, tell us how you *really* feel about your in laws. Just remember, "This too shall pass".

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by en2ec View Post
    That looks amazing. Much better looking than what I've been eating lately!!
    Well then, you should come over for dinner. Oh, you're in Vienna. A bit far perhaps but a magnificent city.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Admittedly, I was being a bit hyperbolic. But I do feel better.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Then a weekend in the waiarapa (that's over the hill on the other side of wellington, past the hutt valley in case you were curious about the geography), and then back in welly on Sunday night, and they are out by Tuesday but guess who is working on MONDAY!? It's ME! YAY!
    Yay for a desk job to help you hide from your home life

Are you doing the wine trail through martinborough? 'cause that's pretty good.

Let us know what was particularly good, because the rest of my family lives in Wgtn, so that's where I holiday at my home away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sorry for the hunger pangs, magic. If you're ever out in San Diego, you can come by for dinner.
    Thanks for the offer. I'll endeavour to oblige should I find myself on the other side of the pacific ocean one day.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Paleobird Guest
    Admittedly, I was being a bit hyperbolic. But I do feel better.
    You can always vent here. Sometimes there's nothing like a good rant on the net and then you can go back and put your friendly face on IRL.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Yay for a desk job to help you hide from your home life

Are you doing the wine trail through martinborough? 'cause that's pretty good.

Let us know what was particularly good, because the rest of my family lives in Wgtn, so that's where I holiday at my home away from home.

Thanks for the offer. I'll endeavour to oblige should I find myself on the other side of the pacific ocean one day.
    New Zealand is high up on my list of places to go back and explore more thoroughly. I was only there for one day on a cruise stopover but it was so gorgeous. And Zoe gets to live there all the time. Not fair.

Where on the other side of the Pacific are you, magic?

Paleobird Guest
    DSCN0142.jpg

Tonight, mis amigos, for your dining pleasure at the Birdnest Cantina, we have Ensalada de Cabrito. It's your basic taco salad only made with ground lamb meat.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Does the Birdnest Cantina take reservations? That look mighty tasty.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony