Page 34 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 34

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This (yesterday's dinner) is what I think of whenever anyone starts getting whinny about Primal being so restrictive and no fun at all.
    That looks fabulous.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Now I am hungry (and it's not even lunch time).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Paleobird Guest
    See, I don't see it as something to post on a recipe thread cuz it's just another average dinner to me.

Thanks Steph. If the lady with morning sickness thinks it looks good, it must look good.

Sorry for the hunger pangs, magic. If you're ever out in San Diego, you can come by for dinner.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I'm jealous of your rangpurs! Apparently it's a cross between a mandarin orange and a lemon... and it's pretty! We have a pear tree here in central TX, and I'm watching the supply of under-ripe fruit dwindle everyday. At least the squirrels are happy.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Thanks Steph. If the lady with morning sickness thinks it looks good, it must look good.
    Actually, it seems to have subsided in the last week! Everything looks delicious, even if I can't eat a lot of it! (My appetite has decreased, but I'll take that over nausea anytime.)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    I'm jealous of your rangpurs! Apparently it's a cross between a mandarin orange and a lemon... and it's pretty! We have a pear tree here in central TX, and I'm watching the supply of under-ripe fruit dwindle everyday. At least the squirrels are happy.
    My rangpurs are very tart almost like a lime. I didn't realize they were a lemon/mandarin crossbreed. They make an awesome (and very pretty) margarita. Here it's the birds we have to share the fruit with. They like my apricots but they won't just eat one. They have to pick at a bunch of them. Grr.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Actually, it seems to have subsided in the last week! Everything looks delicious, even if I can't eat a lot of it! (My appetite has decreased, but I'll take that over nausea anytime.)
    Glad you and Nubbin are feeling better.

Paleobird Guest
    DSCN0141.jpg

This was tonight's special at the Birdnest Cafe, Bison ribeye steak, homegrown zucchini stir fried with pepper infused olive oil, arugula caesar salad with homegrown heritage grape tomatoes and mushrooms.

I like cooking and I'm good at it. I'm glad my Mom taught me well.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Right, that settles it. Paloebird's Next Big Adventure is to run a wildly successful food p0rn blog (new pics and recipes daily!).
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    for serious. eating clean paleo is the best.

uhm. i've been working non-stop and it's stupid-ridiculous. So much so that I had to go back a few pages to see what was what.

I also completely managed to work through 85% of my IL crap from two weeks ago. They were super-rude about my friends last weekend (seriously, they can't even manage 45 minutes of skype?), but, like, whatever.

Anyhoot, I bring this up because we might play said board games on some evening with them while here. Because maybe it will make them less annoying. I would rather hide in my own room and chat with ya'll while on holiday.

But, i did plan it to my advantage. First three days of holiday -- toodle around wellington (first day is rest day, second day is what I call "grounding" day, and then the third day is "do something" day), then we do 9 days on the road (dh is planning it, not me. i told him i'm not doing it because it's his parents and they are stupid jerks and i don't want to get my feelings hurt when they start bitching about the horrible, expensive, nasty-pants holiday i planned. No, DH planned, it so blame him for it being horrible, expensive and nasty-pants). Then I go back to work! YAY! I cna be in the office doing my THANG for 5 whole days.

Then a weekend in the waiarapa (that's over the hill on the other side of wellington, past the hutt valley in case you were curious about the geography), and then back in welly on Sunday night, and they are out by Tuesday but guess who is working on MONDAY!? It's ME! YAY!

See, I feel so much better that I have 98 solutions to my 99 problems.

ooh. now i need to listen to eminem before watching game of thrones.