Page 32 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 32

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    AMEN!!!

If people would just read the book........
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Exciting that you will be one of the success stories. I look forward to reading it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    AMEN!!!

If people would just read the book........
    Or at the very minimum read all the stuff in the "Start Here" tab before asking questions like. "Is corn a vegetable?"

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Exciting that you will be one of the success stories. I look forward to reading it.
    Thanks, Sabine. I enjoyed our fasting experience. I think giving the system a time out now and then is a good thing.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Or at the very minimum read all the stuff in the "Start Here" tab before asking questions like. "Is corn a vegetable?"
    Wait...WHAT???

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yay! a success story person that I know!!!

I've gone back to the book several times and found out something interesting. The PB is very conservative. He does not say eat all the fat and calories you want.
    I too wish people would read the book...over and over. The forums can be very seductive. :P
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I learn more every time I reread it. And I look forward to doing so for a while. I think it is too much to absorb all at once. I just wish people would at least START there.

Paleobird Guest
    Steph, I love the little rolleyes emoticon. It says so much.

Yeah, Paula, It does feel like we know each other. It's been quite a while and we've both been through some pretty amazing changes.
    It's is interesting how people will adamantly insist that any form of calorie restriction is antithetical to the PB until you point out that whole chapter about it in the PB book. I think it's selective vision.

Sabine, there is a lot to absorb there, you're right. Mark's writing style is so breezy that it doesn't feel like "weighty prose" when you are reading it but there is a lot of content there.

Paleobird Guest
    I had my monthly Game Night with my peeps last night at which I always end up eating too much and drinking too much red wine so I just decided to roll with. So I gained five pounds overnight. We'll see how much of that is water.

The food at Game Night has been making a shift toward primal as a couple of people have discovered gluten intolerances and one other friend (affectionately known as "the other Robin") has gone full on Paleo. Game Night food used to be mostly about the cookies, pretzels, chocolate covered nuts, et. Last night was exclusively meats, veggies, fruit, and nuts. The nuts were a salted mix and I ate too much salami and who knows what was in the Costco veggie dip (aka a salt fest) plus the wine=bloat.

Oh well, it was fun and very worth it. I have interesting, intelligent friends.

I did a game night (or, day and night) with friends yesterday, too! We played Settlers of Catan and Dominion this time. Which games do you play?