Page 306 of 306 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 306

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    The beauty of a forum is the download!

PB you give a lot on this forum and I believe the karma of giving is the receiving. No surprises that you have plenty of peeps to listen when you need
    Aye aye, PB you've typed quite a few words of encouragement in response to my posts and I'm sorry to hear about what happened. Breakups suck but music is what gets me through them. I recommend Megadeth Don't forget there's 3.5 billion guys in the world!

Btw, are you still doing the carnivore diet? I've been on it for a few months and feel terrific.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Damn, Paleobird, that's really fucked up. I was honestly hoping things would have worked out for you two, you seemed so happy :| Really sorry to hear about that.

You'll find yours though.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Robin, what you're describing (multiple personalities) is technically called dissociative disorder. Of course no one can diagnose via the internet, but here's some info.

A snip from NAMI | Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly Multiple Personality Disorder)

"Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), previously referred to as multiple personality disorder (MPD), is a dissociative disorder involving a disturbance of identity in which two or more separate and distinct personality states (or identities) control the individual's behavior at different times. When under the control of one identity, the person is usually unable to remember some of the events that occurred while other personalities were in control. The different identities, referred to as alters, may exhibit differences in speech, mannerisms, attitudes, thoughts, and gender orientation. The alters may even differ in "physical" properties such as allergies, right-or-left handedness, or the need for eyeglass prescriptions. These differences between alters are often quite striking."

There's a little more on the link I put above, and you can also Google it to get even more info. The major "cause" for this disorder is childhood trauma, where the person assumes an alter who is "stronger" in some way to handle the trauma.

You're lucky you discovered this about him before your relationship went any further. I'm glad you're safe, and I offer more *hugs*.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyorange View Post
    Aye aye, PB you've typed quite a few words of encouragement in response to my posts and I'm sorry to hear about what happened. Breakups suck but music is what gets me through them. I recommend Megadeth Don't forget there's 3.5 billion guys in the world!

Btw, are you still doing the carnivore diet? I've been on it for a few months and feel terrific.
    Thanks, Dizzy. Yep, still carnivorous. I let a bunch of other stuff slip in as part of being sociable in the relationship going out to restaurants and such but I'm taking it back to the basics now. I'm glad it's working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Damn, Paleobird, that's really fucked up. I was honestly hoping things would have worked out for you two, you seemed so happy :| Really sorry to hear about that.

You'll find yours though.
    Thank you, Derpaheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Robin, what you're describing (multiple personalities) is technically called dissociative disorder. Of course no one can diagnose via the internet, but here's some info.

A snip from NAMI | Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly Multiple Personality Disorder)

"Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), previously referred to as multiple personality disorder (MPD), is a dissociative disorder involving a disturbance of identity in which two or more separate and distinct personality states (or identities) control the individual's behavior at different times. When under the control of one identity, the person is usually unable to remember some of the events that occurred while other personalities were in control. The different identities, referred to as alters, may exhibit differences in speech, mannerisms, attitudes, thoughts, and gender orientation. The alters may even differ in "physical" properties such as allergies, right-or-left handedness, or the need for eyeglass prescriptions. These differences between alters are often quite striking."

There's a little more on the link I put above, and you can also Google it to get even more info. The major "cause" for this disorder is childhood trauma, where the person assumes an alter who is "stronger" in some way to handle the trauma.

You're lucky you discovered this about him before your relationship went any further. I'm glad you're safe, and I offer more *hugs*.
    That sounds about right. In his case the trauma was having a face that scared people. Interesting info. Thanks, Goldie.

Paleobird Guest
    I think it's time to start a new journal. I'm feeling the need for a clean break with the past.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Yup. You need a new journal to reflect your new life.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Leave us a link here, please?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Yup. You need a new journal to reflect your new life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Leave us a link here, please?
    Yep. Very true.

Here it is. : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread90369.html

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post

The first thing they need to understand is that the Survivor is NOT the adult.

hard to accept but true. the thinking that helped you cope wont always work.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    The first thing they need to understand is that the Survivor is NOT the adult.

hard to accept but true. the thinking that helped you cope wont always work.
    I think the classic scenario that Goldie is referencing is when a person has a relatively normal life, then a traumatic event occurs and the "alter" is created as a protector/coping mechanism.

In this particular case the trauma was the first 35 years of his life. I think, with his new face, he created and "alter" of a soft spoken, successful, respectable gentleman and that it was this alter who was the person that I thought I knew. Under pressure, the facade cracked and the angry, paranoid, hurting, and hurtful loser that had been carefully stuffed down for years came out again.

Maybe this isn't textbook MPD or DID but it sure felt like it.

In any case, I haven't heard from him since which is fine with me.

<Shudder> Would rather not think about this any more.