Page 305 of 306 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306 LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 305

Mud Flinger is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Thank you. I really do feel sorry for him and sincerely hope he gets some help for his problems. I just hope the next girl he meets doesn't have a more lethal encounter with Jake.
    That's exactly what I was thinking and wondering how many other girls have met Jake! So glad you are smart and strong enough to get away and stay away. You know Gene will probably try to apologize to you. Be prepared for this so that you can be strong and say what you need to. Take care of you and wolf cub!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking and wondering how many other girls have met Jake! So glad you are smart and strong enough to get away and stay away. You know Gene will probably try to apologize to you. Be prepared for this so that you can be strong and say what you need to. Take care of you and wolf cub!
    I wonder how much of what happened he will even remember. I wonder if Gene sees what Jake does or if Gene just lets Jake out to do his dirty work. Gene hates confrontation. We had this problem back in the day too. Something would bug him but he wouldn't say anything, which could have been an opportunity for getting a misunderstanding cleared up or even a sincere apology. No, he would hang on to the hurt and nurse it.

I remember back when we were together the first time being out at a restaurant and running into one of his exes. She had a pretty face but she was seriously obese.

All the time we were together, he was always trying to feed me. I put on some weight even in the 6 months we had before my cancer diagnosis. Desserts, alcohol, second helpings. While I'm not blaming him for my weight gain while I was sick, I do think he helped the gain along by always putting food in front of me at a time when I was too upset to think straight.

I wonder if he is the kind of guy who prefers his women XL. Maybe that was the only kind of woman he could get to give him the time of day when he had his first face. Maybe a fat woman is less threatening because she doesn't have as many other options.

Thank you for your concern Mud Flinger. I informed him when he dropped me off that, if he ever came near me again, there would be a restraining order. And I have informed the security people at the front desk that he is not welcome here.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back, Paleobird. We missed you.

Horrible experience. I respect your clear, fast decision. Good sense. "I feel very sorry for his inner torment but", it's his and his choices to make. He is a grown man, an adult.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Welcome back, Paleobird. We missed you.

Horrible experience. I respect your clear, fast decision. Good sense. "I feel very sorry for his inner torment but", it's his and his choices to make. He is a grown man, an adult.
    Thanks, Cryptocode. Yes he is an adult. A batshit crazy adult, but an adult nonetheless.
    I have a very strong sense of self preservation. I won't be around someone like that.

Paleobird Guest
    other interesting info on Gene is that he has had pituitary problems and thyroid problems and is on meds for both of those plus take a testosterone rx. Plus taking caffeine pills in the morning and eating bird sized portions of carb heavy food every three hours or so.

I wonder how much of him "losing it" had to do with this chemical soup and blood sugar rollercoaster. He gets really tired and weak every time he "needs" a snack. He can't figure out how I can eat eggs in the morning and then not eat til dinner. And if I try to tell him why this works, of course, I am *criticizing* him.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Maybe a big effect. It was a scary situation that could have been much worse. The fear takes a while to face and recede.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Maybe a big effect. It was a scary situation that could have been much worse. The fear takes a while to face and recede.
    Yes it does take a while. I think last night, after writing about it, was the first night I was really able to sleep right and deeply since getting home. I feel much more rested and together today.

Thanks to everybody for listening to my soap opera.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    The beauty of a forum is the download!

PB you give a lot on this forum and I believe the karma of giving is the receiving. No surprises that you have plenty of peeps to listen when you need

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Very helpful to "talk out" traumatic experiences. It's your journal, after all!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    The beauty of a forum is the download!

PB you give a lot on this forum and I believe the karma of giving is the receiving. No surprises that you have plenty of peeps to listen when you need
    Awwww, jacmac. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Very helpful to "talk out" traumatic experiences. It's your journal, after all!
    I did help to write it out. At the time it was happening it was just so completely "out of the blue" it just seemed surreal. Then when I got home I just felt numb for several days.

Geting it out in words had made it tangible and face-able. Face it, deal with it, shake it off, and move on.

While I know that I dodged a bullet, I still grieve for the relationship I thought I had with that caring sweet guy. I miss him. I miss what we had.