Page 304 of 306 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306 LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 304

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey Paleobird,

I noticed that you hadn't been around! I'm so sorry to hear about the SO. I've known a few Dr.Jekyll-Mr.Hydes, and your insight is right: these people need weaker ones around to feed off, and to take their crap when they choose to dole it out. You're lucky that you decided to go on holidays together so soon, and saw his dark side before you got in too deep.

Hope you're doing ok! Breakups (even when they're for the best) split the world open a little bit, and make us question and doubt everything.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    thats pretty crappy PB but better a breakup now than following an injury inflicted during a rage. it sounds like there's a lot of issues he's never dealt with- just built a new persona on a very rocky foundation. may i ask what caused the 1st breakup?

either way you don't need a crappy partner, being terrified of opening your mouth is no way to live.

I would imagine the pup wouldn't want him around now either- did the dog actually like him or did you see much submissive behaviour from the dog around him. I'm just curious as dogs sometimes see things in people we dont
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    man, that stinks.

i doubt it's actual multiple personalities either, but sometimes people have 'other selves' that they act out on occasion. It can be hard for them to heal and integrate themselves, so it's easier to keep it emotionally compartmentalized. I'm sorry that it scared you (with the truck thing), and that the whole thing ended in such a disappointed way.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    How scary! I'm glad you are okay, and sorry that it all turned out like this. You are wise to get out now that you have had this warning, though. Peace.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are safe PB!
    Who's needs that I their life???? NO ONE

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm. I think the only thing I can say that hasn't been said is this: *hugs*
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    From me too. So sorry to hear this happened to you but your insights/instincts seem so right on. Best to be out of it now. It is too bad for him but he needs to face his own demons not take them out on you or anyone else. (no pun intended) I'm so happy you are safe. Be good to yourself, breakups suck even when they are for the right reasons.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    First of all, its great to see you back and posting! I know many people on the Forum missed you. Wow, very intense situation, I'm so sorry to hear things didn't work out. Sad to hear about this man's demons, but very glad to hear you are okay.
    Thanks Canuck. That's the same thing my BFF/2nd mom said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Whoah.
    Yeah. Very weird and scary indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Oh, damn. I'm so sorry. I know longer vacations can make or break a relationship, but that's just terrible. I'm glad you're back in one piece. xoxo
    Yep, if something is going to crack, a vacation is the likely time.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I noticed that you hadn't been around! I'm so sorry to hear about the SO. I've known a few Dr.Jekyll-Mr.Hydes, and your insight is right: these people need weaker ones around to feed off, and to take their crap when they choose to dole it out. You're lucky that you decided to go on holidays together so soon, and saw his dark side before you got in too deep.

Hope you're doing ok! Breakups (even when they're for the best) split the world open a little bit, and make us question and doubt everything.
    Very insightfully worded. My world has been feeling a bit split open.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    thats pretty crappy PB but better a breakup now than following an injury inflicted during a rage. it sounds like there's a lot of issues he's never dealt with- just built a new persona on a very rocky foundation. may i ask what caused the 1st breakup?
    either way you don't need a crappy partner, being terrified of opening your mouth is no way to live.

I would imagine the pup wouldn't want him around now either- did the dog actually like him or did you see much submissive behaviour from the dog around him. I'm just curious as dogs sometimes see things in people we dont
    That's exactly what i was thinking. Even if we could put this back together, I would always be walking on eggshells. The dog actually liked him a lot but on the way home was cowering behind the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Ouch! My condolences, PB.
    Thanks. It does feel better to get it out in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    man, that stinks.
    i doubt it's actual multiple personalities either, but sometimes people have 'other selves' that they act out on occasion. It can be hard for them to heal and integrate themselves, so it's easier to keep it emotionally compartmentalized. I'm sorry that it scared you (with the truck thing), and that the whole thing ended in such a disappointed way.
    Yeah, I don't know if this *clinically* meets the definition of MPD, but that's sure what it felt like to me at the time. His entire voice, diction, bearing, posture, vocabulary, etc. was a completely different person. I kept trying to think about the really sweet guy that I had shared so many happy giggling moments with and they were not the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    How scary! I'm glad you are okay, and sorry that it all turned out like this. You are wise to get out now that you have had this warning, though. Peace.
    Yep. I don't ever plan to "go there" again. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Glad you are safe PB!
    Who's needs that I their life???? NO ONE
    Exactly. Is finding a SANE person too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Back atcha Twibble. Thank you.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-13-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    From me too. So sorry to hear this happened to you but your insights/instincts seem so right on. Best to be out of it now. It is too bad for him but he needs to face his own demons not take them out on you or anyone else. (no pun intended) I'm so happy you are safe. Be good to yourself, breakups suck even when they are for the right reasons.
    Thank you. I really do feel sorry for him and sincerely hope he gets some help for his problems. I just hope the next girl he meets doesn't have a more lethal encounter with Jake.