Page 302 of 306 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 302

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That restaurant sounds awesome, even if you don't have a pup to bring along!

Yes, nesting is nice. My aunt is coming at christmas. I feel the need to get the place sorted for her (and for us). Also, it took me two years to figure out what I wanted to do with the space and make peace with So Much Beige.

Are you guys doing a lot of hikes on the camping trip, or just short day ones, or what? I'm planning a lot of day hikes for when my aunt comes.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Hey PB~
    Congrats on your house sale! Hoping ours will be next.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    That restaurant sounds awesome, even if you don't have a pup to bring along!

Are you guys doing a lot of hikes on the camping trip, or just short day ones, or what? I'm planning a lot of day hikes for when my aunt comes.
    Yes, even the people who didn't have animals seemed to be enjoying watching them and the dogs that were there were all well behaved. I think it's nice for the stigma of dogs=dirty=not acceptable in an eating establishment to get broken down. Grok wouldn't have kicked the domesticated wolves out of the cave when it was dinnertime.

Yes, we are planning on lots of hiking when we get up to some higher elevations in Utah and it's a little cooler. We are going to be heading through some really hot places on the way like Las Vegas where you just keep going with AC on full blast and don't roll down the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Hey PB~
    Congrats on your house sale! Hoping ours will be next.
    Hi Dragonfly. I saw you over at the Dirty Carnivore site. Isn't it nice to have a place where people don't recoil in horror and tell you how *deficient* you are going to be without heaps of greenery every day?

Is yours already on the market or are you just working up to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, even the people who didn't have animals seemed to be enjoying watching them and the dogs that were there were all well behaved. I think it's nice for the stigma of dogs=dirty=not acceptable in an eating establishment to get broken down. Grok wouldn't have kicked the domesticated wolves out of the cave when it was dinnertime.

Hi Dragonfly. I saw you over at the Dirty Carnivore site. Isn't it nice to have a place where people don't recoil in horror and tell you how *deficient* you are going to be without heaps of greenery every day?

Is yours already on the market or are you just working up to it?
    Boise is so dog-friendly! Lots of great cafes that welcome the pooches.

Yes, thanks for turning me on to the DC site. Wish there were more folk posting there more often.

Funnily enough, I don't get any flak for my diet. My husband likes more veggies, but has acquiesced to my lack of greens as he watches me feel better/not bloated, more energy with my high fat diet. Maybe it's all the chocolate butter I share with him, lol!

At our Traditional Foods Gathering potluck this weekend, I only drank broth from the meat & veggies and ate chocolate butter, since I had already eaten steak & eggs in the morning. No comments from anyone.

We have tenants until the end of July, then we will list Our house. For now it is on Zillow and Craigslist.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I've been over to DC a bit too...

I do eat some veggies. I like my cool crunchy romaine salads now that it's summer...
    And I like some fruits for treats on occasion.
    But I never, ever, put any plant matter in my mouth out of obligation or just for "nutrition".
    Meat and offal and sea food is for nutrition.
    Sometimes, like you PB, I eat all meat with my "condiment" veg.

Husband would certainly never complain as I've been sick for so long... over 15 years, as long as we've been together... and I'm finally at my healthiest now. Healthiest since becoming sick that is.
    My autoimmune diseases are still present, but under control!

I had a spat of good health once before on Atkins... it was great, but then I was supposed to bring back the healthywholegrain carbs to living levels and got sicker again... that's hindsight of course.
    At the time I was all, "Well, I've had a little remission period and now I'm sick again." since there was no data connecting my disease to autoimmune or diet at the time, that's exactly what my doctors told me too. *sigh*
    I really wish I had KNOWN.
    I think it would have prevented this whole brain thing.

I love it when 20yr olds come on MDA and are all... but I eat wheat products and feel fine!
    Yeah. I did too... and then I woke up one day with an incurable autoimmune disease and no one told me that it was autoimmune because this was 15 years ago, and it's a rare disease that doesn't get much funding, and they hadn't even done that research yet... so 12 years later I got another autoimmune disease from continuing to abuse my body with wheat.
    And I'm not that rare a case... it's getting more and more prevalent every year. All the fibros and lupus, and more really young people getting diagnosed. And doctors are not telling patients to change their diets to reduce their symptoms.
    Meh. /end rant
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Boise is so dog-friendly! Lots of great cafes that welcome the pooches.

Yes, thanks for turning me on to the DC site. Wish there were more folk posting there more often.

Funnily enough, I don't get any flak for my diet. My husband likes more veggies, but has acquiesced to my lack of greens as he watches me feel better/not bloated, more energy with my high fat diet. Maybe it's all the chocolate butter I share with him, lol!

At our Traditional Foods Gathering potluck this weekend, I only drank broth from the meat & veggies and ate chocolate butter, since I had already eaten steak & eggs in the morning. No comments from anyone.

We have tenants until the end of July, then we will list Our house. For now it is on Zillow and Craigslist.
    Yeah, the conversations on DC are kind of like slow-mo. You post something and someone answers in a month or so, then you post back. Although I think Phil and Satya live on that site.

Men tend to be more supportive when you offer them lotsa steakaneggz and bacon. Most guys won't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yeah, the conversations on DC are kind of like slow-mo. You post something and someone answers in a month or so, then you post back. Although I think Phil and Satya live on that site.

Men tend to be more supportive when you offer them lotsa steakaneggz and bacon. Most guys won't argue with that.
    HeeHee~
    DH is the chef in the house, so he's the one making sure I have plenty of steak & eggs! He did ask that I stop calling his veggies "rabbit food". I guess I was being a bit mean...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I love it when 20yr olds come on MDA and are all... but I eat wheat products and feel fine!
    Yeah. I did too... and then I woke up one day with an incurable autoimmune disease and no one told me that it was autoimmune because this was 15 years ago, and it's a rare disease that doesn't get much funding, and they hadn't even done that research yet... so 12 years later I got another autoimmune disease from continuing to abuse my body with wheat.
    And I'm not that rare a case... it's getting more and more prevalent every year. All the fibros and lupus, and more really young people getting diagnosed. And doctors are not telling patients to change their diets to reduce their symptoms.
    Meh. /end rant
    Yep, there was a time when I felt "fine" too. Then I got epilepsy. Then I got cancer.

I'd like to have a talk with those young pups in a couple of decades about how "fine" they are feeling.

Paleobird Guest
    HeeHee~
    DH is the chef in the house, so he's the one making sure I have plenty of steak & eggs! He did ask that I stop calling his veggies "rabbit food". I guess I was being a bit mean...
    Ah. You found yourself a Grok who knows his way around the fire pit. Good for you.

This is Perter at Hyperlipid's take on rabbit food: Hyperlipid: Fruit and vegetables

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post

Meh. /end rant
    I second that rant about the doctors telling you it has nothing to do with you diet and then mine gave me more narcotics. I needed the drugs desperately at that time, but even more, I needed to change my diet. That experience has lead me to avoid all docs as I don't want a pill! I want to fix the cause, not just the symptoms!