Page 301 of 306 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 301

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Congratulations on the sale. Have fun camping. Would love to see pics of your new place and anything else. Always looking for inspiration.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Woot Woot! Have fun and congratulations on the house being officially sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Awesome news! They put you through the wringer on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    congrats on no longer owning real estate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Huzzah! And (again) have a fabulous trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Congratulations on the sale. Have fun camping. Would love to see pics of your new place and anything else. Always looking for inspiration.
    I feel so *light* as if that whole real estate deal had been a weight tied to me like a ball and chain. I really don't think I ever want to own a piece of property ever again in my life. I just don't see the point.

Now I can get on with things I need to do for camping like packing. Doing some wash first would probably be a good idea.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ahhh... good old fashioned relief.
    It's a good feel.

I'm sure your camping adventures are going to be excellent!
    Wolf Cub is going to love some back to nature.
    I don't think you will mind too much either.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    is the pup camping too?
    congtats on the sale
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Paleobird Guest
    Oh, yes, the Wolf Cub goes where I go if at all possible. He travels really well. He sits down and doesn't fuss or need to stick his head out the window. And humans need pit stops long before he does.

Back when GMan and I were together before (five years ago) the three of us did some camping together and it was a lot of fun. Back then we only had a long weekend before he needed to be back for work. Now we can take out time and ramble a bit more.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the sale and have a wonderful safe trip!!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Congratulations on the sale and have a wonderful safe trip!!
    Thanks. We're heading out Tuesday. About 3-4 weeks totally unplugged. Sounds nice.

I'm sure people will still be arguing about optimal macronutrient ratios here when I get back.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on finally finishing with the house and also have a great time on your trip!

I just spent the day rearranging the furniture in our place (to set up DS's room), and enlisted help for the next two weekends to get three more components done: making a corner upholstered headboard, making curtains to cordon off the closet part of the room, and add a second, upper shelf to the top part of the closet area (and a railing for both shelves).

Once that task is finished, we move DS's toys back into the closet in his room (currently, they are in the lounge simple because we have no where else for them). And throughout the week, we're going to declutter one basket at a time and get things sorted for the closet.

I managed to get through DS's clothes (too small, just right, stuff to grow into) as well as my own clothing (everything is in good condition), and DH sorted his as well (and got rid of some shoes that were worn out! I'm so proud of him! LOL).

This allowed me to rearrange the lounge a bit, too.

I then pulled a bench in from the greenhouse which was basically just there and not used, and so I wiped it down, brought it into the lounge, and put it like a table/shelf under the big window. I put one of my nifty army trunks underneath it, and stacked some books and magazines both on it and the bench. one mid-century danish modern chair on each side (one with footstool/bench), and that is done. It looks nice and open, and functional for how we live -- which is mostly reading and writing -- and this way we can sit comfortably by the fire and the window, reading books and drinking tea (with a place for the tea cup no less!). lol

I look forward to my other corner being cleared (where the toys are), but I still have no clue what I'm going to do there. maybe nothing, or maybe move the bench/trunk over there and hten use the other trunk between the chairs under the window (bringing the chairs closer together. Yes, probably that. I love the way the bench looks like a shelf with all kinds of respectable storage and stuff. So, that would probably look awesome and fill the space, bringing our chairs closer together and having another awesome trunk as a side table for the chairs. Hmm. nifty idea. I'm going to measure my wall and bench again.

UPDATE: measured it and it won't work (too long), but I got some other ideas besides, so that's all good.
    Last edited by zoebird; 06-23-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks, Zoe.
    Sounds like you are getting your living space arranged nicely. Love the mid century danish modern.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My BFF introduced me to a little hole in the wall place near her house that has a big patio out back that not only allows dogs but encourages them. They put out water bowls, pass out bones for the doggies to gnaw on (they specialize in ribs), and give out dog biscuits.
    Another nice thing is that you can order the ribs without all the cornbread type sides and you get to put your own sauce. We asked and two of their four sauces were sugar free (the spicier ones) which suited us just fine. Delicious.

I think this is going to be the Wolf Cub's favorite restaurant of all time. I just passed my ribs to him as I finished them. The place was totally cool with doggies eating off the floor. We brought the bones home and he is spreading them out all over the living room having a second go at them all.

Just a couple of happy carnivores.