Page 3 of 306 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 3

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey, you're back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Allowing "special occasion" stuff to become staples like wine, cheese, dark chocolate, berries.
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Cheese, wine, safe starches, no sprints and no regular LHT can be blamed for my failure to impersonate a washboard.
    Wine, cheese, dark chocolate, berries...yup, me too

BTW, anybody know what ever became of the Pull Up Challenge thread? Is that still on or have people lost interest?
    There's a new one for 2012: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45692.html
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Paleobird Guest
    Yep, what is a "sensible indulgence" when you already look like a Greek God (our dearest Mark) is different than for the rest of us mortals. And when does it stop being "occasional" and get to be a staple? That's the problem. Slippery slope.

I really think that booze of all kinds is behind a lot of people's failures and backslides who are otherwise primal. I know all the cruise booze had a lot to do with my relapse because I really didn't step out of line that much diet wise.

Peril is spot on about the sprints, LHTs and being wary of supposedly "safe" starches. Just because a starch is not tearing holes in your guts does not mean that it is doing you any favors in the weight loss department.

Cheese is one of those things like nuts for me. There is only one serving size : all that is left in the house. I'm better off just not having either of them around.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a lovely cruise and i do hope you thoroughly enjoyed yourself and your 50th! Congratulations on getting half-way through your first century.

I have to say that what are most people's weaknesses are not mine. Mine is fruit! LOL More than 2 pieces a day (or the rough equivalent in feijoas or berries), and i get all sugary. LOL for me, having a daily constraint is good (no more than 2). With other things -- which aren't as great a temptation for me -- i find that if they are cool (kumara), then I can ahve them once a week or so. this is cool.

Movement for me, though, is *key*. If i'm not moving enough, then problems develop! I gotta keep on my movement! If only I could solve this kraken problem i'm having in my right hip/glute/hamstring. So weird. (i knick named my trouble with my leg a kraken.)

Glad to have you back!

Paleobird Guest
    Hi Zoe,

Thank you. "half way through my first century" I like that.

Yes, fruit is also on the sensible *occasional* indulgence list for me, like strawberries after a romantic dinner (yes I am having romantic dinners with a certain someone these days).

I so agree that movement is essential. I think people can lose some of the weight they want to lose while not really breaking a sweat, but that is not really fitness.

What did you do to your hip area or did it just start hurting? I hope it gets better soon.

Paleobird Guest
    Speaking of romantic dinners.........

I have a date tonight. My guy is making me lamb chops. Yes, he can cook. He's also pretty yummy himself. Have a nice evening!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Nice!

We have a regular sitter now on friday afternoons. It's sweet because Hawk goes to her house and does art (and they have a great time together), and we stay home. Yay! It's kinda romantic, actually, and quite nice.

We've also taken up learning scandinavian recipes. Ryan read an article that scandinavian diet is best for scandinavians, and that much of what they eat is paleo (save the rye breads), and he got curious and interested so I got him a cookbook. more romantic dinners for me, too!

I'm so glad you are having romantic dinners. You are such a life-loving person, it should be totally full of everything.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of romantic dinners.........

I have a date tonight. My guy is making me lamb chops. Yes, he can cook. He's also pretty yummy himself. Have a nice evening!
    Not only does he cook, he cooks lamb! Yum!!!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Nice!

We have a regular sitter now on friday afternoons. It's sweet because Hawk goes to her house and does art (and they have a great time together), and we stay home. Yay! It's kinda romantic, actually, and quite nice.

We've also taken up learning scandinavian recipes. Ryan read an article that scandinavian diet is best for scandinavians, and that much of what they eat is paleo (save the rye breads), and he got curious and interested so I got him a cookbook. more romantic dinners for me, too!

I'm so glad you are having romantic dinners. You are such a life-loving person, it should be totally full of everything.
    I think that is important that Mom and Dad get some child free alone time together. Sounds like a good arrangement.

So, what exactly do scandinavians eat? I know they are big on fish which is healthy for everybody.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Not only does he cook, he cooks lamb! Yum!!!
    And he cooks lamb well. I'm working on him about Primal. He has seen the wisdom of giving up sugar but he won't give up the bread. What is it with people and their attachment to bread?

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey PB! Great idea to start a new journal for a new phase.

Question - Did you ever have a binge eating issue? Can't remember.
    I screwed myself up royally by eating VLC for too long. Developed hypoglycemia, a binge eating disorder, and had some scary symptoms of thyroid slow down. For me 50-75 carbs seems to be the sweet spot for avoiding these symptoms, but I can't seem to drop the binge habit. There are lots of hormones in play as well.

Anyway enough about me. Nice to see you.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Page 3 of 306 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast