Page 296 of 306 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 296

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    no doubt. i am like your father -- i don't go in for most holidays. LIke, mother's day? don't care. But, I try to be nice when people do care (like my ILs).

anyway, i can understand missing your dad when everyone is celebrating their dad. *hugs*

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I agree with your dad. Card companies rule the calendar.
    Yes, and the marketing message is you're a bad person if you don't show them you care....by buying one of our cards of course, how else would they know?

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    no doubt. i am like your father -- i don't go in for most holidays. LIke, mother's day? don't care. But, I try to be nice when people do care (like my ILs).

anyway, i can understand missing your dad when everyone is celebrating their dad. *hugs*
    I think every store employee was instructed to say "Happy Father's Day!" to everyone yesterday.

My idea is that getting together, maybe sharing a meal is a good way to celebrate most holidays. No need for cards and gifts.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I thought of you yesterday and how tough it might be for you. *hug*
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I thought of you yesterday and how tough it might be for you. *hug*
    Thank you, Joanie.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    I mostly just lurk the boards but I saw your new avatar in a different thread and wanted to say how nice it looks! Wish I could rock short hair but I don't have the bone structure...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    I mostly just lurk the boards but I saw your new avatar in a different thread and wanted to say how nice it looks! Wish I could rock short hair but I don't have the bone structure...
    Thank you. I've noticed the posts you do make and you should lurk less and post more. Welcome.

I had an awesome day today. GMan and I went out to lunch in this really pretty restaurant that is in the middle of the big central park of SD, Balboa Park. We took the Wolf Cub with us and sat out on the terrace under an umbrella. We had a lovely lunch. I had a calamari salad and a bowl of paella. I also had a couple of pomegranate margaritas. Oh those are good. Instead of the sticky sweet typical margarita mix they use pomegranate juice and it really goes well with the tequila.

We then went for a slightly drunken rambling walk in the park until sober enough to drive back to my place and tumble into bed for the rest of the day.

*sigh* I like being retired.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yesterday was a little difficult with everybody piping up cheerily with, "Happy Father's Day!" every five minutes. This was my first Father's Day without a father.

Of course my Dad was never sentimental when it came to stuff like that. His opinion was that most holidays were invented by Hallmark for the purpose of selling cards.

I miss the old curmudgeon.
    So glad that you have this forum to share your challenges. As a cancer survivor I know that you know it's all part of the journey PB, the first anniversary of everything is tough and that's not to say that the 30th anniversary is not tough you just have experience to guide you. Love and Light to you.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    So glad that you have this forum to share your challenges. As a cancer survivor I know that you know it's all part of the journey PB, the first anniversary of everything is tough and that's not to say that the 30th anniversary is not tough you just have experience to guide you. Love and Light to you.

Paleobird Guest
    I had a really good day today. One final round of paperwork needed signing at the escrow company, took the dog for a walk, went grocery shopping at Sprouts then came home and cooked the most delectable meal. I had a surf and more surf combo of a wild salmon fillet with two little lobster tails all cooked in a metric crapton (I measured) of butter. A little garlic salt and voila.

I really don't get the threads griping about how hard it is to cook. Toss fat and food in pan and heat. Done.

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    One final round of paperwork needed signing at the escrow company
    Does that mean your house sale is finally final? If so, congratulations!

Toss fat and food in pan and heat.
    This recipe also works well with roasting or slow cooking.