Page 295 of 306 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 295

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I believe my hair is going to be chopped off this week, with the instructions to the person cutting that it be as short as possible and still be feminine.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Yes! I'm setting up to do one class per week EST and one class per week PST since I have clients on both coasts! Some are mountain, but they'll just have to figure it out. And, there will be some recorded classes that you can pick up when you want, and videos to go along with them (to work alignment and such).
    of course, i have to get it ALL sorted, but still. it's in the works! evenutally, it'll be cool to have several a week, so we shall see.

I literally have three hair devices: 1 soft hair band (for pony tail/braid); 1 fancy-pantsy small clippy; and 1 bone hair stick (with two prongs). I use the hairstick as my bone comb, and then have the boar bristle. You know me: the bare minimum!

Like the new 'do though.
    Awesome. Let us know as you get it set up how to sign up for those classes.

Once your hair is grown out, you don't need much to keep it in line. I'm talking about the in between lengths with all the hairbands, clips, pins, barrettes, etc, trying to keep it out of your face when it is not yet long enough to be a pony tail or bun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Cute cut!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I believe my hair is going to be chopped off this week, with the instructions to the person cutting that it be as short as possible and still be feminine.
    That's what I was aiming for here. It's tight to the skull down the back and sides but still has some "poof" and curl on the top.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

New avatar to celebrate new haircut.
    Sweeeeeet!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird, I thought I'd posted, but looking back, apparently I forgot.

Your Legs - awesome. I love a developed calf on both men and women.

Your Face - rocks short hair.

I think the last time I cut my hair above my shoulders was when I went to work after college. I found it harder to handle than long hair really. At one point, I could do a loose French twist in like five minutes before work in the morning if I was working for a conservative company. Now when it's hot, I wind it up, stick two chopsticks in it, and off I go.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Joanie- you would love my hubs!

He does nothing and had the most ridiculously popped calves.

My hair is/was impossible when long... it's very fine textured so it's all slippery like a snake and hard to keep put.
    The only answer was a TIGHT and very conservative looking bun.
    Even then once drying I got a good amount of fly aways.
    Really think but fine blonde hair can be a bitch to deal with.

Right now... short is good. 'Cept my husband isn't a fan.
    He'll live.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Sweeeeeet!
    Thank you, Dragonfly.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Your Legs - awesome. I love a developed calf on both men and women.
    Your Face - rocks short hair.

I think the last time I cut my hair above my shoulders was when I went to work after college. I found it harder to handle than long hair really. At one point, I could do a loose French twist in like five minutes before work in the morning if I was working for a conservative company. Now when it's hot, I wind it up, stick two chopsticks in it, and off I go.
    Thanks, Joanie. The calves are from all the walking.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    My hair is/was impossible when long... it's very fine textured so it's all slippery like a snake and hard to keep put.
    The only answer was a TIGHT and very conservative looking bun.
    Even then once drying I got a good amount of fly aways.
    Really think but fine blonde hair can be a bitch to deal with.

Right now... short is good. 'Cept my husband isn't a fan.
    He'll live.
    You know I have found that the "no poo" thing actually works really well with short hair. I couldn't get anything other than a lank greasy mess when I had long hair and tried it. But it really makes short hair behave well. It isn't sticking out in all the wrong directions in the morning. Run a comb through it and go.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yeah, it is a serious pain to deal with growing-out hair. it's why i won't cut my hair short again unless I have to!

and I'll definitely let you know when it's all set up. I'm really excited about it.

Paleobird Guest
    One nice thing about this cut is that all the hair I have now is healthy and in good condition. Before I had some damaged ends leftover from that misguided attempt at a perm.

I use henna color and the damaged ends would take the color differently than the rest and look kind of brassy. Now it's all more even, with reddish highlights. Auburn I guess.

Now, if I want to let my hair grow out sometime at least it will all be in good shape.

Paleobird Guest
    Yesterday was a little difficult with everybody piping up cheerily with, "Happy Father's Day!" every five minutes. This was my first Father's Day without a father.

Of course my Dad was never sentimental when it came to stuff like that. His opinion was that most holidays were invented by Hallmark for the purpose of selling cards.

I miss the old curmudgeon.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I agree with your dad. Card companies rule the calendar.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.