Page 294 of 306 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 294

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Dang! The top is better looking than the legs, and th legs are smokin!.... Mr Man is a lucky pup!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm finally growing mine out -- working from shoulder length to 'arm pit length,' and I'd like to get to mid-back (at least). I think mid-back would be great.

Can i tell you that belly dancing is some serious stuff? Holy crap am I sore, and I've only done two lessons. With my pilates, yoga, and belly dance -- plus my postural patterning work in between (and trying to work my patterning with the other three), I am *sore* all the time now.

Also, i'm really psyched. I found a company that helps provide online lives streaming and broadcast classes -- basically, we can do a virtual studio. I can connect with my people in the US more easily, as well as my clients who have moved away from here (to auckland or christchurch). And, some of the people here with whom I work -- it'll be easier for me to provide for them. It's a really exciting development in the studio.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I'm finally growing mine out -- working from shoulder length to 'arm pit length,' and I'd like to get to mid-back (at least). I think mid-back would be great.
    Mine about arm pit length right, and I seriously doubt it'll last through the summer. I keep wanting to cut it off, and might actually get motivated to do it at some point if I keep breaking combs and clips.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I use a bone comb, a boar bristle brush, and have hair sticks. But it's not that warm here, ever, so it's no problem. I also just like the length. I love having long hair.

Paleobird Guest

Can i tell you that belly dancing is some serious stuff? Holy crap am I sore, and I've only done two lessons. With my pilates, yoga, and belly dance -- plus my postural patterning work in between (and trying to work my patterning with the other three), I am *sore* all the time now.

Also, i'm really psyched. I found a company that helps provide online lives streaming and broadcast classes -- basically, we can do a virtual studio. I can connect with my people in the US more easily, as well as my clients who have moved away from here (to auckland or christchurch). And, some of the people here with whom I work -- it'll be easier for me to provide for them. It's a really exciting development in the studio.
    Wow. If belly dancing makes a yoga teacher sore it must be some serious exercise.
    So can you do a class for all your MDA buddies?

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Mine about arm pit length right, and I seriously doubt it'll last through the summer. I keep wanting to cut it off, and might actually get motivated to do it at some point if I keep breaking combs and clips.
    I use a bone comb, a boar bristle brush, and have hair sticks. But it's not that warm here, ever, so it's no problem. I also just like the length. I love having long hair.
    I just get tired of all the hair control devices needed. I like my hair all the way long but I ma not willing to go through that middle stage to get there.

New avatar to celebrate new haircut.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Dang! The top is better looking than the legs, and th legs are smokin!.... Mr Man is a lucky pup!
    I'll tell him you said so, Doc. Thanks.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I kept long waist length hair for years despite living here in FL... UGH.
    It stayed in a moist sweaty bun most of the time. And was heavy.
    It's really hot and humid here so wearing waist length hair down is pretty much out of the question about 10months out of the year.

A couple of years ago I mentioned that I was thinking of cutting it ALL off while at a hair appointment to get it trimmed... and the girl said, "You know, the cut if free if you donate it to Locks of Love".
    That was all she wrote, and the only excuse I needed.
    She trimmed an inch or two off to get rid of the ends and even in, and I donated like 13inches.
    The resulting bob was still touching the tops of my shoulders.

It has been getting progressively shorter since then, and is now an asymmetrical stacked bob that is about ear length on the right and starts at my jaw on the left and lengthens to my chin.
    I think I'm going to let it get a little longer in front for a bit more radical cut for the fall.
    I've been doing fun colors for about a year and a half too.
    Currently multiple shades of red-orange, with highlights... inspired by Flaming June(Sir Frederic Leighton).
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Mine is kind of a shorter version of your asymmetrical look. It sweeps backwards on the left hand side and come forward on the right.

I totally agree that the only way to do long hair in florida most of the time is to wear it up but that would get old.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Wow. If belly dancing makes a yoga teacher sore it must be some serious exercise.
    So can you do a class for all your MDA buddies?
    Yes! I'm setting up to do one class per week EST and one class per week PST since I have clients on both coasts! Some are mountain, but they'll just have to figure it out. And, there will be some recorded classes that you can pick up when you want, and videos to go along with them (to work alignment and such).

of course, i have to get it ALL sorted, but still. it's in the works! evenutally, it'll be cool to have several a week, so we shall see.

I just get tired of all the hair control devices needed. I like my hair all the way long but I ma not willing to go through that middle stage to get there.

New avatar to celebrate new haircut.
    I literally have three hair devices: 1 soft hair band (for pony tail/braid); 1 fancy-pantsy small clippy; and 1 bone hair stick (with two prongs). I use the hairstick as my bone comb, and then have the boar bristle. You know me: the bare minimum!

Like the new 'do though.

Mud Flinger is online now Senior Member
    Cute cut!