Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 293

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    <3 books

Oh, the legs are nice too.

I guess I'm thoroughly straight. [[sigh]]

Love your skirt though!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    <3 books

Oh, the legs are nice too.

I guess I'm thoroughly straight. [[sigh]]

Love your skirt though!
    Thanks NM. I can't tell in your new avatar. Did you buzz your hair off short or is it pulled back?
    Mine's kind of at that awkward stage, not really short, not really long and I'm trying to decide weather or not to grow it out of cut it seriously short. Like the Queen of the V's short.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I did buzz it I look like a hedgehog most days unless I wet it, but I love it. So low-maintenance!

Always good to get a trim and re-assess. You can always have them go shorter if you're not happy at the end of the appointment!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I did buzz it I look like a hedgehog most days unless I wet it, but I love it. So low-maintenance!

Always good to get a trim and re-assess. You can always have them go shorter if you're not happy at the end of the appointment!
    My hair is just at that stage where it is too long to stay out of my way but not long enough yet to do anything with it like a ponytail.
    Driving me up the wall. I like my hair either all the way short or all the way long. Maybe I'll go for hedgehog chic too.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Go the buzz! You'd rock it with your bone structure.

Hey, PB, as we're cheerfully examining your gunz and bunz, can you tell us what you do for strength training thesedays? Is it still just sticking to Mark's bodyweight PBF routine, or do you mix in some other exercises or techniques as well?
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hah! Not being male, that twist on the subject didn't even occur to me.

Attachment 12098
    Just for you, Doc.
    <wolf whistle> Nice gams!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Dear lands above, those are some seriously kick A$$ legs. I'm in major envy!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Go the buzz! You'd rock it with your bone structure.

Hey, PB, as we're cheerfully examining your gunz and bunz, can you tell us what you do for strength training thesedays? Is it still just sticking to Mark's bodyweight PBF routine, or do you mix in some other exercises or techniques as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    <wolf whistle> Nice gams!
    Haven't quite decided on the haircut or not yet. As for strength training I'm still doing a lot of walking, some sprinting, and not very regularly remembering to to some LHT stuff like a set of counter pushups. Really not nearly what I think I should be doing.

Now I have my new scooter which is some good leg workout and fun at the same time. I have gotten to the point in my life where I'm just not going to do any exercise if it is drudgery anymore.

I have however started looking into the several crossfit boxes (3) within walking distance of my new place. Perhaps it would help to have all the camaraderie of that to get me going. Maybe even meet some other Primal eating folks.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Dear lands above, those are some seriously kick A$$ legs. I'm in major envy!
    Thank you and welcome to the Birdsnest.

Quies is offline Senior Member
    If you want to let your hair grow out, you can always use a headband to keep it out of your face until it's long enough to pull back.

Personally, I like my hair long but I cut about half of it short because if it is all long then I get mistaken for a boy fairly frequently.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've had long and short hair many times over the years. Either one works but the in between stage is a pain. Yes, lots of headbands.

My hair totally fell out and I started over again from bald five years ago after the chemo but the weird thing was that my hair came out really curly after the chemo when I had never had curly hair before. Maybe a bit of a wave but this was like Shirley Temple ringlets. It really looked nice. When that grew out I made the colossally stupid mistake of getting a perm to try to get my ringlets back. Perms never work, they just trash your hair. That was just before my trip to the Caribbean in Spring 2012, so I got out the scissors and hacked it off really short.

Photo on 2012-02-29 at 17.50.jpg

Now it's back to being a chin length bob as I've been letting all the layering catch up. The above is kind of the doo I'm thinking of going back to.