Page 291 of 306 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 291

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    For Jammies and anyone else who likes the Teeccino herbal coffees:

I just figured out how to get a whole lot more out of less product. Instead of using it like coffee grounds in a Mr. Coffee like I was doing I put some grounds in with boiling water on the stove. The grounds almost completely dissolve giving you a concentrated brew that can then be diluted to taste with water, coconut milk, or it would be good over ice or for a summer blender frappuccino type drink.

It seems like I have been throwing out a lot of perfectly usable Teeccino flavor with the grounds.

I tried this method because I won't have a coffee pot on my upcoming camping trip, just wanted to see if it worked. I can see making some of this concentrate, putting it in bottles and then using it to make iced coffee in the desert without needing to fire up a stove.

Yes, GMan and I are still planning on going camping but it has been postponed for a few days due to my real estate tribulations.

The buyers' lender did yet another appraisal yesterday and *says* we *may* be able to close this thing by Friday. I will believe when I see.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    For Jammies and anyone else who likes the Teeccino herbal coffees:

I just figured out how to get a whole lot more out of less product. Instead of using it like coffee grounds in a Mr. Coffee like I was doing I put some grounds in with boiling water on the stove. The grounds almost completely dissolve giving you a concentrated brew that can then be diluted to taste with water, coconut milk, or it would be good over ice or for a summer blender frappuccino type drink.

It seems like I have been throwing out a lot of perfectly usable Teeccino flavor with the grounds.

I tried this method because I won't have a coffee pot on my upcoming camping trip, just wanted to see if it worked. I can see making some of this concentrate, putting it in bottles and then using it to make iced coffee in the desert without needing to fire up a stove.
    See... this I have been a little curious about.
    My go to method for summer coffee is the cold brew.
    Ground coffee + cold water- let soak for 12-24 hours, strain for an intense espresso coffee concentrate to use in iced style coffees.

I was trying to get my head around if that might work with the Teeccino stuffs.

Now I'm tempted to actually order a bag and see how it stacks up.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    See... this I have been a little curious about.
    My go to method for summer coffee is the cold brew.
    Ground coffee + cold water- let soak for 12-24 hours, strain for an intense espresso coffee concentrate to use in iced style coffees.

I was trying to get my head around if that might work with the Teeccino stuffs.

Now I'm tempted to actually order a bag and see how it stacks up.
    I will try it with cold water next and see if it is even necessary to heat it. I was trying to do the "cowboy brew" method but there is almost no residue at the bottom of the pan.

Perhaps it could be cold blendered......

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Nah, it could be hot.
    As long as the result is an intense concentrate that doesn't taste like stinky left over brew.

You know what I mean.
    Making iced coffee from left over brew is just not the thing. Not at all.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Nah, it could be hot.
    As long as the result is an intense concentrate that doesn't taste like stinky left over brew.

You know what I mean.
    Making iced coffee from left over brew is just not the thing. Not at all.
    But see, the thing is, this is not coffee. It's like the "grounds" just sort of pulverized and disappeared.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I have another tip for iced coffee lovers - something from dear old Grandma. Make an extra batch of coffee, let it cool to room temp and then put it in ice cube trays in the freezer. Now when you put ice in your iced coffee it doesn't get watery and diluted.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I have another tip for iced coffee lovers - something from dear old Grandma. Make an extra batch of coffee, let it cool to room temp and then put it in ice cube trays in the freezer. Now when you put ice in your iced coffee it doesn't get watery and diluted.
    Good idea.

How's the wonky fish tummy? Feeling better?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Good idea.

How's the wonky fish tummy? Feeling better?
    Somewhat, thanks. So far, making bone broth and rice my primary foods (with some bone marrow last night for calories), is working. I'm planning on adding yogurt tomorrow or Saturday. No coffee is making me a bit sluggish, but it's not a bad withdrawal thing because I don't crave it that much when I have stomach ailments anyway.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    So PB...I saw your picture over in the gunz thread. Hot damn.

On that note, I think I need to go walk around a bit and think about baseball.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Somewhat, thanks. So far, making bone broth and rice my primary foods (with some bone marrow last night for calories), is working. I'm planning on adding yogurt tomorrow or Saturday. No coffee is making me a bit sluggish, but it's not a bad withdrawal thing because I don't crave it that much when I have stomach ailments anyway.
    Good to hear that you are on the mend. I find my tummy likes scrambled eggs when getting over an upset like that.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    So PB...I saw your picture over in the gunz thread. Hot damn.

On that note, I think I need to go walk around a bit and think about baseball.
    Hehehe.. Thank you, sweetie
    Holding it together pretty well for an old gal I like to think.

I really only posted that there because of all that "Only skinny jeans wearing emo vampire pussies don't lift heavy and 'get under the bar' " nonsense on that other thread.

The day I turned in my gym membership card was one of the most liberating days of my life.

Although I have been thinking about giving Crossfit a try. There are several boxes near my new place.