Page 290 of 306 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 290

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    That sounds good too. The nice thing about the cocoa butter ones is that they don't melt at room temp. But then if you eat them fast enough that might never become a problem.

Isn't real estate fun? I am so done with the whole concept of property ownership.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I need to keep these in the freezer--I added too much cream! Fortunately, I find them hugely satiating, so no more than 2-3 a day.

I have enjoyed renting for the past two years while we decided where we wanted to roost. Being a landlord--not so much.

Since we are going to offer weekend Primal "reboot" retreats, we need a small house with an ADU. Boise is fortunately chock full of them--and very affordable.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Since we are going to offer weekend Primal "reboot" retreats, we need a small house with an ADU.
    That sounds awesome. The house I am selling would have been great for that kind of arrangement as it has three buildings on one elongated lot.

Paleobird Guest
    Has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to a sunscreen chapstick?

I bought this super duper SPF gazillion lipbalm stick for my climb up Kilimangaro having been warned about the dry air and intense sunlight at that altitude. I used it on the climb and the whole time I had these little blisters around my lips. I thought it was the sun and the dry air and piled on more of the lip stuff.

The lipbalm sat in the bottom of a drawer until being excavated when I moved recently. The other day I was going out on the roof to sit in the sun and decided to use some of it. My lips got really irritated so I though they were sunburned and piled some more of the stuff on.

Then last night the big light bulb lit over my head and I said, "when was the last time I used this chapstick?" Kilimangaro. And "when was the last time I had blistering like this on my lips" Kilimangaro. 2+2=4

Damn. I looked at the fine print on it and it has all kinds of harsh chemical nastiness involved. Tossed it and am now doing a mix of tea tree oil and coconut oil.

Sore lips are uncomfortable.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Yes.

I have occasional lip reactions to lip glosses/chapsticks/things.

I have to be careful and go back and find them since I'm a total addict and sometimes unconsciously introduce a new one without paying attention but only use it for like one day, but the reaction shows up a day later and I'm baffled.

Then I have to play "which thing did it" for a week going through all the products since I'm a complete lippy stuff whore and have them EVERYWHERE.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Paleobird Guest
    I think I'll stick with the Burt's Bees all natural ones from now on.

This stuff I used was expensive too. Bought it from REI along with all my other mountaineering gear.

It was advertised on the package as being heavy duty lip protection for the serious athlete.

Ow. Feeling pouty with my swollen lips and not in a pretty model pouty way.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Hey Paleobird;

I took some advice you gave on another thread and bought the Teecino gluten free coffee substitute and the arroy boxed coconut milk. They are really delicious!! I added a scoop of Wondercocao to it (caffeine free, sugar free cocoa powder) just to add a bit more complexity to it. It really tastes like a decadent treat.

I've been trying to find a way to give up my decaf coffee with cream for a while. I think this may do it. Thanks
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Hey Paleobird;

I took some advice you gave on another thread and bought the Teecino gluten free coffee substitute and the arroy boxed coconut milk. They are really delicious!! I added a scoop of Wondercocao to it (caffeine free, sugar free cocoa powder) just to add a bit more complexity to it. It really tastes like a decadent treat.

I've been trying to find a way to give up my decaf coffee with cream for a while. I think this may do it. Thanks
    That is a wonderful combination. I'm so glad it works for you. The Teeccino site has a bunch of great recipes too using their herbal coffees as ingredients in drinks, dessert, etc. Check it out. Might give you some more ideas. Recipes | Teeccino Herbal Coffee / Coffee Alternative

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I love the Burt's Bees lip products. Like Cori, I've got tubes of glosses everywhere. What was the name of the one you had a reaction to, PB? I'm always grabbing new brands to feed my addiction and would like to avoid that one.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I love the Burt's Bees lip products. Like Cori, I've got tubes of glosses everywhere. What was the name of the one you had a reaction to, PB? I'm always grabbing new brands to feed my addiction and would like to avoid that one.
    it went out with the trash but I remember it was called something like Sport Stick (sounds like a deodorant, right?)