Page 289 of 306 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 289

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Quies View Post
    It's not quite as bad in that respect because I have never seen bougainvillea spread by seed or runners. A single plant can take over a whole house though.
    Yep. It looks so pretty with Spanish style architecture (which we have a lot of here in SoCal). Then, next thing you know it has crawled up the walls and all your plaster is falling off.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    It's not quite as bad in that respect because I have never seen bougainvillea spread by seed or runners. A single plant can take over a whole house though.
    And that's the house I live in - rented.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Quies is offline Senior Member
    My previous recommendation for bougainvillea still stands.

Paleobird Guest
    My previous recommendation for bougainvillea still stands.
    You mean this one?

"My recommendation would be to pull out the bougainvillea, burn it, have a priest sanctify the area it was planted in, and put a nice plant in."

Either that or hire someone else to do the gardening.

Paleobird Guest
    Urrrgggghhhh!!!!

I still don't have money in hand from my house sale. The buyers are all moved in but there was some complication with their loan. To cover this transitional "few days" the broker drew up a temporary rental agreement where they are basically renting the house for $100/day. But now a couple of days has turned into a couple of weeks.

GMan and I are supposed to be headed out of town on Tuesday but we may have to put things off a bit until I get this settled. The escrow officially ran out on Friday and so needs to be extended.

I don't doubt that the buyers are doing all they can in good faith to get this taken care of. But, with interest rates rising, I wouldn't put it past their lender to be stalling in order to redo the loan at a higher rate. They would hate to have to move again. They have all their stuff complete with a grand piano moved in and their old house has been sold with new people in it so they have no where to go.

So, I feel sorry for the bind that they are in but, otoh, if I had the money from the sale in the investment fund I would be getting about $4000/month from it where I am only getting $3000/mo for the "rental" agreement. This can't drag on indefinitely.

Then there is the issue of insurance. I am still the owner so I am still on the hook if anything happens.

So help me, I am never going to own any property ever again as long as I live. I like renting. You get what you pay for and then you are free to leave. No hassles.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    indeed. so frustrating.

you can up the rent and ask for them to cover insurance costs, too. particularly if this is going to go on much longer.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like it's time to get your attorney to make some angry phone calls to grease the wheels...

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    indeed. so frustrating.
    you can up the rent and ask for them to cover insurance costs, too. particularly if this is going to go on much longer.
    Yeah, I really like the new buyers and don't want to be a jerk about this but this has got to end soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Sounds like it's time to get your attorney to make some angry phone calls to grease the wheels...
    I don't know that my attorney could help any. This is an internal matter at the new buyers' bank. They can pretty much choose who to lend to and how much to lend.

Paleobird Guest
    Sitting around waiting for real estate people and insurance people to call me back is getting to be a pain.

To entertain myself I just made a batch of homemade chocolates.

1lb cocoa butter (melted in micro)
    1/2 jar of coconut manna
    1/2 bottle of vanilla
    cocoa powder to taste

(yes, I like to use precise measurements.)

pour mix into mini muffin pans about 1/2 inch thick
    chill in fridge til solid

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Great minds think alike!

Just made Peter @ Hyperlipid's Chocolate Butter:

One 100gm chocolate bar (85% or 90%), One 250gm block of economy butter, 45ml double cream, 15 or 30ml honey and some vanilla. Melt, pour in to an ice cube tray, freeze, pop out of tray while frozen, keep in fridge until consumed, not very long...
    Coincidentally, we are waiting to hear back from the folks who saw our house (for sale) this weekend.