Page 287 of 306 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3060

Thread: Paleobird's Next Big Adventure page 287

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    maybe, but it's at least a tad bit about me.
    also, I share in your need for a break from civilization. most people I encounter daily disgust me.
    You, sweetums, are actually the least bothersome of the bunch because I genuinely feel sorry for you and for some reason care about saving you from yourself. You really seem to be depressed and I wish you would take better care of your body. My maternal urges to take care of you I guess.

The internet is just a giant black hole of time and energy. People don't even talk to each other anymore. I see people out to dinner with each other and they are each absorbed in their own smartphone.

Those of us who are older remember the world before personal computers and cell phones. Yes, kiddies, just try to get your heads around that one. The world managed just fine before those things were invented.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    you're sweet

I agree with you, despite being a digital era kid, as there was a time when cellphones were uncommon and all we had were pagers. I had a lot more fun with my friends back then, when we spent all day outside playing card games and riding bikes. Now, no one can take their eyes off their phones and update Facebook for every little thing they do.
    nihil

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quies View Post
    Do you have severe allergies to poison ivy, oak, or sumac? In my experience, people who are allergic to mangos, but not the flesh are very severely allergic to poison ivy as mango doesn't tend to be as strong. If you are not, then that does put your allergy to the flesh squarely in the something else category.
    We don't have poison ivy here, or oak (presuming you mean poison oak), and I have no idea what sumac is so I suspect we don't have that either.

I had an ignorant beautician (my threader) cheerfully smear some mango moisturiser on my eyebrows the other day after treatment, without even asking me first. There was much, much swearing and insistent demands for it to be washed off, pronto. I think I frightened her.

And what is it anyway with salespeople who accost you in malls and try to schmear you with their creams and spray you with their perfumes before you have time to say "no thanks"? Euccchh. So rude. Fragrances in many creams make my eyes water, and perfume makes me sneeze. I hate all of that stuff; my senses don't appreciate the assault.

Rant over. PB, I hope you have a wonderful, invigorating trip. (When are you leaving?)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hmm. Not sure it would be worth trying.

I am getting so I really hate the forums. It's just the same argument with the same players over and over again. So tediously predictable. I think I need to take a break from MDA. When GMan and I go camping we are going net free which I think will be helpful. Three weeks unplugged.
    But...but...who will I eat vicariously through then?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    And WOWEE did that sound wrong.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    Oh my, salespeople who accost you in malls... They should be ground into a rough paste, canned, and sold as dog food. Too extreme?
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Plants are such good companions.
    Not all of them. I periodically get into bouts of fisticuffs with bougainvillea.

Q sure knows her stuff when it comes to plants. Good to have an expert around here.
    At this point I've spent half my life dedicated to learning about plants split between classroom education, research, and on the job training. If I don't know something about plants, I can probably find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    We don't have poison ivy here, or oak (presuming you mean poison oak), and I have no idea what sumac is so I suspect we don't have that either.
    I was referring to poison oak and poison sumac. It looks like the three are restricted to North America. In that case, should you ever visit North America and someone mentions they have had recent contact with one of those, I would highly recommend doing an about face and performing vigorous cardio while testing your maximum volume.

And what is it anyway with salespeople who accost you in malls and try to schmear you with their creams and spray you with their perfumes before you have time to say "no thanks"? Euccchh. So rude. Fragrances in many creams make my eyes water, and perfume makes me sneeze. I hate all of that stuff; my senses don't appreciate the assault.
    I used to have a lot of trouble breathing when exposed to strong perfumes or cleaners. I still don't like the smells but since taking wheat out of my diet I can at least tolerate them. Of course now my eyes and nose start itching if I get too close to a toaster that is being used...

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Easy on the fisticuffs with the Boug... they bite back!

At least mine does... pruning that thing... ughhhh.
    But I still love it!
    You just cannot beat them for take anything the weather throws at them(heat and humidity wise) and still give back colorful exuberance!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post

But I still love it!
    You just cannot beat them for take anything the weather throws at them(heat and humidity wise) and still give back colorful exuberance!
    We lose more work clothes to bougainvillea than anything else other than the sun. Have also had the thorns go right through leather gloves.

Pentas. You can buy them cheap as an "annual" at most retail nurseries, but anywhere you can grow bougainvillea outside, pentas will be a perennial shrub. They fill in fast, come in many colors, are covered in flowers even after trimming,less frequent trimming, no thorns, no sprawling, butterflies love them, and they'll bloom better under lower light conditions while still performing wonderfully in the sun.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I agree with you, despite being a digital era kid, as there was a time when cellphones were uncommon and all we had were pagers. I had a lot more fun with my friends back then, when we spent all day outside playing card games and riding bikes. Now, no one can take their eyes off their phones and update Facebook for every little thing they do.
    It's like people are too busy tweeting and FB updating about their experiences to really experience any experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    I had an ignorant beautician (my threader) cheerfully smear some mango moisturiser on my eyebrows the other day after treatment, without even asking me first. There was much, much swearing and insistent demands for it to be washed off, pronto. I think I frightened her.

Rant over. PB, I hope you have a wonderful, invigorating trip. (When are you leaving?)
    Yikes that sounds painful to the brows, your and hers when you punched her.

I totally agree that the aerosol assault teams selling fragrances are horrible. They're sneaky too. They get you before you have a chance to tell them just exactly where they should put that bottle of allergenic havoc.

And WOWEE did that sound wrong.
    OK, I'm not the only one that sounded weird to. Hehe. That's all right, Twibble you can eat vicariously through me anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by PRO199 View Post
    Oh my, salespeople who accost you in malls... They should be ground into a rough paste, canned, and sold as dog food. Too extreme?
    No. Much too lenient. Not to mention that all that fragrance they are soaked in probably wouldn't be good for the dogs either. How about drawing and quartering?

Not all of them. I periodically get into bouts of fisticuffs with bougainvillea.
    At this point I've spent half my life dedicated to learning about plants split between classroom education, research, and on the job training. If I don't know something about plants, I can probably find it.

I was referring to poison oak and poison sumac. It looks like the three are restricted to North America. In that case, should you ever visit North America and someone mentions they have had recent contact with one of those, I would highly recommend doing an about face and performing vigorous cardio while testing your maximum volume.

I used to have a lot of trouble breathing when exposed to strong perfumes or cleaners. I still don't like the smells but since taking wheat out of my diet I can at least tolerate them. Of course now my eyes and nose start itching if I get too close to a toaster that is being used...
    Lucky them down under not having those plants. They do have plenty of other things that bite however, mostly of the buzzing variety.

I find I just have less patience for strong chemical smells. I think it's because my senses have become more acute without the chronic mild sinus stuffiness caused by wheat. I used to consider semi stuffed up as kind of normal. Now anybody who messes with my free flowing airways is not wise.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    But I still love it!
    My new condo had wine colored bougainvillea all over the courtyards in between the buildings. It looks pretty with the Spanish style white walls and red tile roofs.

We lose more work clothes to bougainvillea than anything else other than the sun. Have also had the thorns go right through leather gloves.

Pentas. You can buy them cheap as an "annual" at most retail nurseries, but anywhere you can grow bougainvillea outside, pentas will be a perennial shrub. They fill in fast, come in many colors, are covered in flowers even after trimming,less frequent trimming, no thorns, no sprawling, butterflies love them, and they'll bloom better under lower light conditions while still performing wonderfully in the sun.
    I just learned how to spell bougainvillea from your post. Too bad I'm not doing my own gardening anymore.